PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: <> 02-02-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5/Titanium <> SYS 21890-23519-2400

Hey, I was wondering if you guys could tell me if this is likely the right ROM for me?

I'm looking for a ROM with bottom buttons (so WM 6.5.1 or higher) with Sense 2.5 with minimal post install tweaking needed. I'd like for the ROM not to have too crazy or garish a theme, and I want a ROM where the chef is responsive to the forum and releases updates fairly often to fix bugs that are identified, and to integrate new improvements developed by the scene.

Ideally, I'd like the chef to be making ROMs only for the Sprint Touch Pro 2, and ideally only for the WM 6.5.1+ S2.5 build, but I'm flexible on this since I realize that's pretty specific. The reason for this is that I find when chefs (like the big name brand ROMs) become involved with too many different builds, the number of bugs that end up hanging around for a long time shoots way up, and the amount of care that goes into the build that I care about goes way down, with lots of fixes that have to be applied for users on different carriers than they're on.

I've looked around, and Medium Hill seems to be the best fit for my criteria I've managed to find. Does this sound right to everyone, or is there something I'm overlooking, either about this ROM or about another ROM I might have overlooked?

I realize this ROM is available in both 6.5/6.5.1+ builds, and Sense/Titanium builds, but if that's the only issue that's not too far off considering the chef is on Sprint with a Touch Pro 2.

Edit: Oh, and no MaxManila as well is nice, in my brief experience with it, it seemed buggy and full of unintuitive gestures that just had to be looked up or memorized.

Last edited by manekineko; 02-06-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc sprint touch
Carrier: sprint

leoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regularleoiden is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to leoiden
Wink Re: <> 02-02-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5/Titanium <> SYS 21890-23519-2400

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibbson View Post
Ok, 23519 2011 Test ROM is uploading keep a check on the FTP, should be around 30 to 45 mins for the upload from the time of this post. Hope that helps ya propagandaX, althought i'm still not sure why you had battery drain to begin with...

Have not ported the 23529 SYS as of yet.
good day bro
would you consider releasing a kitchen from you roms ,so that one can leaave out appls thar one does not use?
Old 02-06-2010, 06:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves
Re: <> 02-02-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5/Titanium <> SYS 21890-23519-2400

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoiden View Post
good day bro
would you consider releasing a kitchen from you roms ,so that one can leaave out appls thar one does not use?
he answered this yesterday. here's a link to it http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1104
Old 02-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Manekineko,

This is the place! Good solid roms. Work well with Sprint and other carriers. Good with answers to concerns also.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

macsrgr84me is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Hmmm, that's pretty weird. I have my phone set for email pushes every 15 mins, and weather updates every hour, and i'm still at 95% this morning from last night. Not sure why it would have drained yours. Even having to run wifi sharing on my phone to do this now as the DSL tech has my line down for repairs. I made a 23519 test, and will upload that as soon as my DSL is back up, but i wouldn't think that the 24001 sys would have anything to do with it, as i was running that SYS for the last few days without battery drainage issues. So i'm really not sure what to tell you. Maybe clear storage, flash stock, clear storage, and then flash the new 23519 2011 when i get it uploaded and see if that helps. Anyone else experience battery drainage on the 24001 2011 test rom? To be honest though, my first guess would be it sounds like you had a bad flash maybe....

also, just an fyi, probably gonna skip the newer 28xxx build/s for now as it seems to have outlook issues. So i probably will just use the 23519.

Also, been running the wifi sharing on this rom for about 30 mins not pluged in to the wall, and still have 75% battery life. So from last night (with 15min email pushes, and 1hour weather pushes) and 30 mins of wifi sharing, i'm sitting at 75%, so i think thats pretty good. Please chime in if you have battery issues.
I've been having problems with the 24001 test rom as well. Incoming ring doesn't work, random freezes, and it uses more ram than 23519. I went back to 23519 sense 2.5 because it's much more stable and uses up less RAM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & 2 HTC TP2's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dibbson Send a message via MSN to dibbson

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_godha View Post
How about a new Titanium build?
yeah, i will do a titanium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwchan View Post
I've been having problems with the 24001 test rom as well. Incoming ring doesn't work, random freezes, and it uses more ram than 23519. I went back to 23519 sense 2.5 because it's much more stable and uses up less RAM.

Hence the test, i think 24001 is still buggy for a first build in a new com. Did you download the new 23519 2011 test rom i uploaded a few hours ago? or just the regular release?

Donations are never required, but ever so much appreciated if you feel the need to do so.

Last edited by dibbson; 02-06-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

dibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the communitydibbson is a trusted member of the community
Re: <> 02-02-2010 <> Medium Hill ROM's <> Sense 2.5/Titanium <> SYS 21890-23519

Trying to finish my cross breed of Provisioning and UC app for my ROMS. If this works, your CAB's will need to be in \Storage Card\Cabs for UC. It will have 3 windows within the main window, one for provisioning, one for MMS settings, and one for your UC Cabs. And you will be able to select what you want. In the testing phase now, I hope it works. Should know soon.

UPDATE: Getting very very close on the UC Provisioning App. Here is a Beta pic, i decided to just dump the cabs into one window instead of 3, less confusion. But it still will show all the provisioning cabs, MMS settings cabs, and \storage card\cabs directory. Here's a beta pic.

Last edited by dibbson; 02-06-2010 at 10:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
yeah, i will do a titanium.

Hence the test, i think 24001 is still buggy for a first build in a new com. Did you download the new 23519 2011 test rom i uploaded a few hours ago? or just the regular release?
No, I reloaded your regular release from a few days ago. I was away from my computer and had to reflash a working ROM so that I could use my phone. thankfully, I had your regular 23519 on my sd card.

I do like the extra apps you loaded in the 24001 ROM. Would you consider keeping those in for future ROMs?
Old 02-06-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Trying to finish my cross breed of Provisioning and UC app for my ROMS. If this works, your CAB's will need to be in \Storage Card\Cabs for UC. It will have 3 windows within the main window, one for provisioning, one for MMS settings, and one for your UC Cabs. And you will be able to select what you want. In the testing phase now, I hope it works. Should know soon.

UPDATE: Getting very very close on the UC Provisioning App. Here is a Beta pic, i decided to just dump the cabs into one window instead of 3, less confusion. But it still will show all the provisioning cabs, MMS settings cabs, and \storage card\cabs directory. Here's a beta pic.

Great! Real happy to see that UC is coming into your ROMs!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Medium Hill Rom's
Threadstarter

Yes, those apps will be kept. I will release the full update when i finish the UC/Provisioning App. I'm close just a couple more things to do. And the UC App is built from the ground up by me since i can't find one that does what i want it to do.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development