PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler
Re: *Updated March 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.5 ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by neff View Post
Son of a biscuit! Thanks for the answer.
lol, anytime mate
Old 04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro(pers) HTC Aria (work)
Carrier: Sprint

mayford5 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion600 View Post
I saw a couple of people on XDA stating that they got a message about "...copy of WinMo 6.5 expires in May 2010..."

I haven't seen this, but was just wondering if this is something I should watch out for, or know about??
I turned my phone last week and I received this message also. Can anyone help us with this.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

HTCuser010 is keeping up the good workHTCuser010 is keeping up the good work

I wanted to make a request for the 1.06 release. Can you please let the user install a task manager? I really dont like the one the rom comes with right now and I currently use Showcase. I still have the other task manager loading up too though and it cant be removed.

For those having problems after flashing, I really recommend that you flash to stock first and then install the NFS Rom. When I first flashed to 1.04, I did it without flashing to stock and I came across all kinds of problems, internet sharing didnt work, wifi router and a couple other problems. 1.04 and 1.05 have been flawless after flashing to stock then NFS rom. Also, do a hard reset after the first flash.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fenton is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCuser010 View Post
I wanted to make a request for the 1.06 release. Can you please let the user install a task manager? I really dont like the one the rom comes with right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCuser010 View Post
For those having problems after flashing, I really recommend that you flash to stock first and then install the NFS Rom. When I first flashed to 1.04, I did it without flashing to stock and I came across all kinds of problems, internet sharing didnt work, wifi router and a couple other problems. 1.04 and 1.05 have been flawless after flashing to stock then NFS rom. Also, do a hard reset after the first flash.
Agree and agree
Old 04-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayford5 View Post
I turned my phone last week and I received this message also. Can anyone help us with this.
sure i can...when it expires on may 1st - just flash another rom microsoft intends most of these builds to stay with microsoft. like beta testing, so many of them have these 'time-bombs' ... its really not the end of the world, everyone has a month or so to do some research and most importantly READ the rom threads and find another rom that will suit your needs. that is of course unless NFSFAN releases another rom before may 1st...
Old 04-11-2010, 06:00 PM
N00b

End3r is keeping up the good workEnd3r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-wrangler View Post
sure i can...when it expires on may 1st - just flash another rom microsoft intends most of these builds to stay with microsoft. like beta testing, so many of them have these 'time-bombs' ... its really not the end of the world, everyone has a month or so to do some research and most importantly READ the rom threads and find another rom that will suit your needs. that is of course unless NFSFAN releases another rom before may 1st...
A hard reset fixed the timebomb problem I was having a few weeks ago. Something to try before abandoning a rom.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by End3r View Post
A hard reset fixed the timebomb problem I was having a few weeks ago. Something to try before abandoning a rom.
umm maybe someone could chime in who knows but isnt the time bomb IN the rom..so no matter how many hard resets you do, soon as may 1st hits it is kaput. maybe you just dont get the messages anymore, but if its timebombed than i just cant imagine a hard reset would change that fact. either way, these arent new, microsoft has been doing it for ages, most times the guys who make these roms are able to cook them with out the timebomb, but its not life or death stuff. lots of options out there
Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
N00b

End3r is keeping up the good workEnd3r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
umm maybe someone could chime in who knows but isnt the time bomb IN the rom..so no matter how many hard resets you do, soon as may 1st hits it is kaput. maybe you just dont get the messages anymore, but if its timebombed than i just cant imagine a hard reset would change that fact. either way, these arent new, microsoft has been doing it for ages, most times the guys who make these roms are able to cook them with out the timebomb, but its not life or death stuff. lots of options out there
That's what I would have expected too, but when it happened to me my phone would refuse to boot (complained that it had expired etc.), then I hard reset and it worked fine. Also, I have not received any May 1st timebomb notices that you all are reporting.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

LALAJI is a n00b

Hey Guys,

First I want to say thanks to NFS for an awesome rom! I am super excited to have the new Sense UI as an upgrade to the stock TouchFlo3D.

I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to get rid of the WM 6.5 bar at the bottom of the screen when Sense is running.

Sorry if this has been asked before, and thanks for the help!

-Lalaji
Old 04-12-2010, 12:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Last2No is a n00b

Quote:

This really isn't such a hard issue to investigate. Since the TP is really just a small pc, advancing the date to May 10th, 2010 - setting the phone to not update from network - turning on flight mode and turn off and restart. My TP is currently running this ROM with the date May 10th, 2010 with no issues. I haven't seen an alert or warning but just to add some peace of mind I ran this test.

Last edited by Last2No; 04-12-2010 at 12:12 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development