PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 02:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hermann
Carrier: Sprint

abrasive is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated March 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.5 ROMs

everythings working great, but the calendar icon remains on the htc 6.5 lock screen even when there isnt an upcoming event.

is there a way to disable the skin to troubleshoot?
Old 03-14-2010, 04:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sah0724 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

my gmail account isnt receiving new emails, im on sprint. any fix for this? my data working but it has to dial 777 all the time.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

user10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sah0724 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

my gmail account isnt receiving new emails, im on sprint. any fix for this? my data working but it has to dial 777 all the time.
For the gmail not working I reflashed or hard reset i don't remember it was a new rom install so i didnt try to fix it any other way.

connection notification: start > settings >sounds & notifications > notification > event connection established > uncheck display message on screen

Last edited by user10; 03-14-2010 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

Also did anyone find a workable fix for the screen going black when trying to send a text by clicking thru one of the sense ui links.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

fusion600 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Also did anyone find a workable fix for the screen going black when trying to send a text by clicking thru one of the sense ui links.
Have you received any text messages from anyone else on this ROM? I do not have this problem and have read that the fix was receiving a message from someone else.
Other phones Vogue, Touch Pro
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by user10 View Post
I like this rom but has anyone been able to use my location in google maps(without gps and wifi on)? I've tried reflashing and changing radios to no avail.
That issue has been a constant theme among all versions of THIS ROM. See my post here from early last month. It's strange not to have this feature, since pretty much every ROM I have used on here has it. Lately, I cannot even get a GPS lock with this ROM...
Old 03-14-2010, 02:27 PM
neff

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
That issue has been a constant theme among all versions of THIS ROM. See my post here from early last month. It's strange not to have this feature, since pretty much every ROM I have used on here has it. Lately, I cannot even get a GPS lock with this ROM...
I haven't updated to this version of NFSFAN's rom, but on most of his I had to install QuickGPS to get the GPS to lock. Have you done that yet? If not, there is a cab attached to the thread. Once I installed it, I get a lock in a few seconds.

edit: Wow, my reading comprehension FTL. Realized my response doesn't have anything to do with what you were asking. I guess thats what happens when you spend days mired in actionscript.

Last edited by neff; 03-14-2010 at 02:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by neff View Post
I haven't updated to this version of NFSFAN's rom, but on most of his I had to install QuickGPS to get the GPS to lock. Have you done that yet? If not, there is a cab attached to the thread. Once I installed it, I get a lock in a few seconds.

edit: Wow, my reading comprehension FTL. Realized my response doesn't have anything to do with what you were asking. I guess thats what happens when you spend days mired in actionscript.
Actually, that helped...thanks!
Old 03-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Alltel

Last2No is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by user10 View Post
I like this rom but has anyone been able to use my location in google maps(without gps and wifi on)? I've tried reflashing and changing radios to no avail.
Google maps and weather works fine without GPS or wifi for "my location" on my TP. The issue may be with EvDo or rA vs. 1x. Try setting your mode to 1x and see if that allows "my location" to work without GPS or wifi. I can get "my location" to say "your location within 3500 meters", I am in an area where towers are spread thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
I have no problems with any GPS locating software using GPS. I constantly see 8 - 11 sats. 3D positioning is no issue at all, even indoors. I use the VZW 1.03.09 radio and get the best all around performance. I have added the QuickGPS cab also for quicker locks, usually 30-60 seconds.

Last edited by Last2No; 03-14-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

rajincajin26 is a n00b

Anyone else having issues with the daylight savings switch? I keep moving the time ahead an hour manually but it reverts back somehow...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development