Last2No
Lurker

Last2No is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *Updated March 5th* NFSFAN's Custom WM6.5.5 ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by user10 View Post
I like this rom but has anyone been able to use my location in google maps(without gps and wifi on)? I've tried reflashing and changing radios to no avail.
Google maps and weather works fine without GPS or wifi for "my location" on my TP. The issue may be with EvDo or rA vs. 1x. Try setting your mode to 1x and see if that allows "my location" to work without GPS or wifi. I can get "my location" to say "your location within 3500 meters", I am in an area where towers are spread thin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmajewsk View Post
That issue has been a constant theme among all versions of THIS ROM. See my post here from early last month. It's strange not to have this feature, since pretty much every ROM I have used on here has it. Lately, I cannot even get a GPS lock with this ROM...
I have no problems with any GPS locating software using GPS. I constantly see 8 - 11 sats. 3D positioning is no issue at all, even indoors. I use the VZW 1.03.09 radio and get the best all around performance. I have added the QuickGPS cab also for quicker locks, usually 30-60 seconds.

Last edited by Last2No; 03-14-2010 at 11:04 PM.