PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [JUL 12] *11 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Anyone else using the new Alltel radio? I tried it and my GPS signal sucks now. Takes for ever to lock on and keep loosing signal and satellites. Going back to the latest Sprint radio I think.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE View Post
[Edit]
I just noticed that in your sig, that you had over 500 ms latency in one of your Road Runner tests. If this was done any time reasonably recently, it *strongly* suggests a problem on your end, so I would recommend trying a hardcore malware test first, if you come to the conclusion that is not likely, then check your network settings for a ridiculously huge mtu size, this is something that some tweak programs do for a slight boost in download speed, at a large cost in latency, but I have never seen it account for more than maybe 100ms lag at the most tbh, the only thing that I have seen nuke a connection that badly (from 20-30ms to over 500) is pretty much spyware. Your low upload speeds are also indicative of this.

Sorry if this is the case, but hopefully it at least helps you figure it out.
im sort of located in the desert far off from Los Angeles but not close to San Diego too, so when i pick a location i usually get a better ping from San Diego:

but sometimes it seems the Los Angeles servers are faster coming my way, even with an unsually high ping
speed not being the case today.

same when i tether my phone, sometimes speedtest will think i'm in Kansas (I assume this is the main network hub for Sprint since I think their corporate offices are here too) and Palm Springs to Kansas is a long way for a cellphone data packet to travel so the ping gets up there pretty good, usually if I choose Los Angeles it will be under 100ms. I pay for 15down/2up roadrunner so my upload has always been maxed right around 1.93-1.94mb which i think is on par for what i pay for, the download usually surprises me at times, things fly by my screen when downloading like nothing i don't think i have spyware on either my pc or laptop as the speedtest usually average out about the same, 1 running vista ultimate the other running windows 7, both using eset nod32 64bit av.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

discipler is just getting started

I want to do this right. Since flashing a new Rom the streaming drops off bad. And bar signal has been terrible. The word is that flashing radio is just like flashing a rom. Right? That means when I unzip the Radio, I then move the RUU_unsigned.nbh into the RUU folder. It looks like the Radio has it's own ROMupdateutility program. All that matters is that the Radio ****.nbh is in the same folder as the Romupdateutility program, right?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gaganit is a n00b

Anyone have any experience as to which radio is the best in terms of GPS and GPS lag?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MadManX is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to MadManX

I'm using the 1.12.31F radio in and near Phoenix AZ. Been using it for about a day now after swapping from the 1.12.20F radio.

I'm boucing less to 1x with the .31F radio, but in both cases, I can stream radio with little to no issues (on MR6 ROM). On the Verison radio I would overheat and stop charging.

IMO... I'm sticking with the 1.12.31F radio since it is handing the heat issues I was having and seem reliable where I am. I haven't done any speed tests, I'm happy if it stream my online radio stations at work. GPS picked up in seconds and I'm on Sprint, so no issues there either.

-MadManX
Old 07-13-2009, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron M View Post
i to have flashed to mr6 and my signal strength is very poor....also im on 1X all the time and RA is completly gone .......i flashed to newest vzw radio not much improvement at all and still no RA any suggestions
the rA icon is missing in the Mighty6 rom. It's easy to fix. Here's the instructions http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...2695&page=1620
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:01 PM
dcd
VIP Member

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Anyone else using the new Alltel radio? I tried it and my GPS signal sucks now. Takes for ever to lock on and keep loosing signal and satellites. Going back to the latest Sprint radio I think.
I can't get a GPS lock at all on 1.12.20F or 1.12.31F. Any other radio gets a lock quickly on the same ROM (without hard reset) - so I think there is definitely a GPS problem with these radios.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

roblord is just getting started

am having a lot of success with 1.03.09. It is by far the best I've tried, 1.04.05 is second in my location of Tampa, Fl. 3 second gps locks and EVIIII all day long. It was 45 seconds with the other radio. I can make calls from a bunker if needed, for some reason, the Sprint radios give me major roaming issues and horrible internet speeds.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel/vzw

Ron M is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Ron M

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
the rA icon is missing in the Mighty6 rom. It's easy to fix. Here's the instructions http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...2695&page=1620
thank you razorloves ....can u tell me if by installing that will it give me a better signal or is it just an icon ......also im not sure on how to install dll. files
can you help or put me in the right dirrection...i have tryed to install some other dll. files a couple of months ago but was unsuccesful
.......sorry i see the instructions .they seem complicated still not sure..... i would sure appreciate some assistance or maybe a cab. to install it
thanks razor and to all with out this site i would have taken a shotgun to my touch pro a long time ago and went back to my blackberry storm

Last edited by Ron M; 07-13-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron M View Post
thank you razorloves ....can u tell me if by installing that will it give me a better signal or is it just an icon ......also im not sure on how to install dll. files
can you help or put me in the right dirrection...i have tryed to install some other dll. files a couple of months ago but was unsuccesful
Mighty6 picks up rA signal just fine. I flashed it last night and noticed right away that i had no signal type icon. So, i looked in his thread and saw other people talkin that the icon was missing. So, this fix will just add the icon. So then it will show when you are picking up 1x, Ev rev0, and Ev revA.
The instruction are in that link i gave you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development