PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro MightyRom6(7-18-09)
Carrier: Sprint (sero 500 F&F)

craig198 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [AUG 4] *12 Radios Available* Updated Touch Pro CDMA Radio Archive Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by quazimodem View Post
For people in the Los Angeles area...

I could not get into the debug mode to get facts and verify the numbers but I had to report the "obvious".

I was using the latest sprint radio 1.12.34F and was getting 2 bars where I'm at. I read this thread and people in my area were getting good results with Verizon's 1.03.09V radio. I flashed this and now I'm getting a full 5 bars. I'm pretty happy with it so far.
its weird cause you would think sprints would be the best as its the most current version but i guess not. im using latest sprint right now and its no better than anything else really.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
If you need consistently strong reception, especially like I do in my signal-depressed pocket of West LA, the VZW 1.03.09 is just unbeatable. Since installing it I haven't missed a single call, VM or text, and I was so frustrated with the problem a few months ago I was almost going to threaten Sprint with cancellation or for an Airave. The few db more signal power it's given me have been awesome. The only drawback is that it'll occasionally drop to 1x instead of Ev, but most of the time it's fine and I'll live with that tradeoff if it means an overall more reliable phone.
I agree as well. The only problem with the VZW 1.03.09 radio is that my battery life is really bad.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
I agree as well. The only problem with the VZW 1.03.09 radio is that my battery life is really bad.
As someone posted in great detail in a previous reply, the VZW radio is extremely aggressive getting a signal. While that's a godsend for some of us, it also means that if you spend a lot of time in low-signal areas the battery may drain faster than with another radio. However, my unscientific comparison is that there's not much difference. The Sprint radio actually made my phone hotter, and also being in a low signal area to begin with a lot of the time, battery life was never anything great anyhow.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Currently running the Telus 1.04.05V Radio, in the Central Florida/Ocala area, (Gotta represent that 352). It stays pretty cooled down to me, and has given me the best reception, even though it's at -92dBm in my room. lmao. Gonna try the new sprint and the newer verizon tomorrow, see what happens.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Currently running the Telus 1.04.05V Radio, in the Central Florida/Ocala area, (Gotta represent that 352). It stays pretty cooled down to me, and has given me the best reception, even though it's at -92dBm in my room. lmao. Gonna try the new sprint and the newer verizon tomorrow, see what happens.
hey bro...i'm in the ocala area too. I'm right off baseline, near the boulevard. 352 in the house. haha.
Yea...the telus and the 1.03.09 verizon radio works best for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
hey bro...i'm in the ocala area too. I'm right off baseline, near the boulevard. 352 in the house. haha.
Yea...the telus and the 1.03.09 verizon radio works best for me.
Haha, nice, I'm right off baseline behind where porters was and across from the Bingo hall. Lmao. Very nice.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro MightyRom6(7-18-09)
Carrier: Sprint (sero 500 F&F)

craig198 is just getting started

everyone sing it...its a small world after all....
Old 08-19-2009, 10:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cpnichols is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
If you need consistently strong reception, especially like I do in my signal-depressed pocket of West LA, the VZW 1.03.09 is just unbeatable. Since installing it I haven't missed a single call, VM or text, and I was so frustrated with the problem a few months ago I was almost going to threaten Sprint with cancellation or for an Airave. The few db more signal power it's given me have been awesome. The only drawback is that it'll occasionally drop to 1x instead of Ev, but most of the time it's fine and I'll live with that tradeoff if it means an overall more reliable phone.
Well I was on 1.12.34F for about 2 weeks... really giving it's paces. I am also in LA... living in the Valley and working in Venice. I got a good signal, and the GPS was nearly instant. But I would drop to 1x often, and it would not go back to Ev unless I turned off data and turned it back on. I hated that. Went back to 1.11.00F R and the 1x issue went back to normal. I often listen to internet radio in the car via my TP, and getting a constant signal is important to me. I still drop out nearly every time at the top of the 405 pass, but with the 1.11.00F R I can get the signal back pretty quickly. With 1.12.34F I needed turn off data and turn it back on again... which sucks.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

kiwiruss is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiruss

Trying latest verzon radio now.

Verizon Touch Pro2
Mightyrom and Energyrom user.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Haha, nice, I'm right off baseline behind where porters was and across from the Bingo hall. Lmao. Very nice.
I was just in orlando for the past 2 weeks, stayed in kissimmee near fomosa gardens. Tried all the radios and the best performance vs batt were the telus, sprint and cellular south ones. After all I always end up back with the telus radio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development