PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) ** || Build date 60509 ||

can anyone here give me some advise can i install (msvc cab) on this rom and what are the features i will get if i install it ????thank you in advance please detail the fedback
Old 06-07-2009, 05:37 AM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) ** || Build date 60509 ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Cool. Do you like the Tachi Dialer better? I cooked it in one of my roms for a few minutes, but didn't like the smaller buttons. Also, doesn't skin quite as nice.

I am also curious how the Tachi dialer integrates with the 6.5 lock screen. Are the ring delay issues still present.

I know this isn't really directly related to your rom, so sorry to threadjack..
I definitely like it better. There's a few skins floating around for it from what I've seen. Two in this thread alone.. heh

It seems to handle the lock screen much better Ppl have said there's 0 ring delay now with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Correct, no issues with the call history.

Is it just me, or when I scroll down and go through my contacts there are no pictures, just the ppl icons. Is it like that for everybody using the dialer?
It's not just you

Quote:
does anybody know how to turn off the Touch in call screen tweak? I'm figuring it has to be draining battery by polling the g-sensor so much during a call, correct? but I do find it kind of cool....I just can't get the speakerphone function to work.
Uninstall it from "remove programs"...

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:59 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ View Post
I definitely like it better. There's a few skins floating around for it from what I've seen. Two in this thread alone.. heh

It seems to handle the lock screen much better Ppl have said there's 0 ring delay now with it.

Cool, good to know. I like zero ring delay.

I took a quick crack at skinning the Tachi a few days ago, but there are some images that are stuck in dlls, so it's just not as clean as say these skins are:

Old 06-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:

Uninstall it from "remove programs"...
DOH. So it was installed by cab from the customizations. NICE!. I just figured it was cooked in. Actually, it works pretty well so I'm just going to keep it for now.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA Raphael)
Carrier: Sprint CDMA, Nextel iDEN, T-Mobile GSM

justin.tyler is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to justin.tyler

It's probably been mentioned, but I searched the thread and poked through it and couldn't find anything.

When I restored my PIMBackup I ran into a lot of problems with the messaging interface, because of how many messages I had. In the older version of Manila you used the windows interface for messaging, which you would have to page through to see older messages. In the new version it displays the entire threaded conversation, which means if you're like me and almost never delete messages, and don't know of a solution to delete them after X days or X messages with someone or something along those lines, you may literally have to wait several minutes for the ENTIRE conversation to load up. Am I being dense as far as finding a solution here?

The ActiveSync icon shows up and covers the signal meter, then doesn't go away and there's no way to identify whether or not I have a signal. Not that huge of a problem, but it is a little bit of a pain. Is there any way to get rid of the icon all together? The only reason I've EVER used ActiveSync is because I needed to pair the phone with my PC in order to flash the ROM.

Sorry for my newbness on this next one. This thing is DRINKING battery power. I mean, I figured my battery life would take a hit, but it's draining at ~1% per minute with VERY light use. Constant data connection is turned off via TouchPro Tweaks and I just tried telling it to disconnect data after 1 minute of inactivity.

And, actually, on the subject of that, in TouchPro tweaks I have "Wake up on new SMS" disabled, yet it still wakes when I receive a text message.

Last one. When you go to "All Settings" on the Settings tab in Manila, it takes you to internet connection settings. I'm guessing that's either one that's par for the course with 6.5+Manila for the time being, or it's something I'll have to reflash to fix.

Not trying to nitpick, but this is my first ROM and I'm pretty new to the whole thing and just want to point out some of the issues I've had in case there's easy fixes, or I'm just being dense.

And actually, another dumb question. Do I NEED to install the roaming cab that was posted earlier in the thread in order to roam, or is that only if you're having trouble roaming?
Old 06-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

That cab is to force roaming for people who want to use a different network. If you're fine, you dont need it.

Restoring from pim backup slows down the phone IMO. I would recommend backing up your texts via MSFT my phone and just store them online if you need them. Then hard reset and just leave your texts clear. Do you really need them on the phone?

You can still see the signal icons. If you dont like it, you can install a new taskbar. Look for a 6.5 taskbar. there is one posted by maxx in this thread.

I don't think I've seen a solution to the wake up on SMS.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800 HTC Touch Pro

RaydogPR is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to RaydogPR

Quote:
This was pretty funny....Glad you figured it out

I attached a zip file of the roaming settings for you guys. Just import the reg file once you unzip it(since I can't upload a .reg file). I keep this reg file for when I switch roms and I have the problem you guys are having. However, Auto A works just fine for me...
Man I hope this works because I do not want to flash to any other rom, cant imagine my TP running another rom right now... thanks
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA Raphael)
Carrier: Sprint CDMA, Nextel iDEN, T-Mobile GSM

justin.tyler is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to justin.tyler

Quote:
That cab is to force roaming for people who want to use a different network. If you're fine, you dont need it.

Restoring from pim backup slows down the phone IMO. I would recommend backing up your texts via MSFT my phone and just store them online if you need them. Then hard reset and just leave your texts clear. Do you really need them on the phone?

You can still see the signal icons. If you dont like it, you can install a new taskbar. Look for a 6.5 taskbar. there is one posted by maxx in this thread.

I don't think I've seen a solution to the wake up on SMS.
After I deleted all of the messages I restored it was fine. I wasn't all that worried about the messages though, so it's kinda whatever. I was just asking for the future, so that I don't have to wipe out conversations that might have important info in them.

And thanks for the taskbar thing. ^_^.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

awitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularawitt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediyuhdigg View Post
hmm.. well first i installed all my cabs and it was one of the last ones i installed and i started seeing that problem.. then i reflashed and installed neukblight 1.7 first and same problem where when i would scroll in the programs from the start menu, the icons would jst overlap and stretch the icons out.. so i flashed again and omitted nuekblight and its fine.. any other option to keep the keyboard backlight on longer?
I
I had the same issue finely gave up and did not install it
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Quote:

So you're asking about why a bug was fixed ? Shoudln't you be happy it's gone ? lol Why question it ? lol

No, not asking why it was fixed. Just wanted to make sure it was fixed. I'm glad it's fixed. We probably should edit post #4 which says :

World Clock Work-Around #2: For users that do not use G-Alarm, here is a CAB that will disable the touch of the world clock (Thanks Maxx134 and 1999TL for locating) http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1410

Since there is no need for a work around. The clock now works fine. Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro