View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 AM
justin.tyler
Lurker

justin.tyler is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to justin.tyler
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 3.0 'Phoenix' (21731) ** || Build date 60509 ||

It's probably been mentioned, but I searched the thread and poked through it and couldn't find anything.

When I restored my PIMBackup I ran into a lot of problems with the messaging interface, because of how many messages I had. In the older version of Manila you used the windows interface for messaging, which you would have to page through to see older messages. In the new version it displays the entire threaded conversation, which means if you're like me and almost never delete messages, and don't know of a solution to delete them after X days or X messages with someone or something along those lines, you may literally have to wait several minutes for the ENTIRE conversation to load up. Am I being dense as far as finding a solution here?

The ActiveSync icon shows up and covers the signal meter, then doesn't go away and there's no way to identify whether or not I have a signal. Not that huge of a problem, but it is a little bit of a pain. Is there any way to get rid of the icon all together? The only reason I've EVER used ActiveSync is because I needed to pair the phone with my PC in order to flash the ROM.

Sorry for my newbness on this next one. This thing is DRINKING battery power. I mean, I figured my battery life would take a hit, but it's draining at ~1% per minute with VERY light use. Constant data connection is turned off via TouchPro Tweaks and I just tried telling it to disconnect data after 1 minute of inactivity.

And, actually, on the subject of that, in TouchPro tweaks I have "Wake up on new SMS" disabled, yet it still wakes when I receive a text message.

Last one. When you go to "All Settings" on the Settings tab in Manila, it takes you to internet connection settings. I'm guessing that's either one that's par for the course with 6.5+Manila for the time being, or it's something I'll have to reflash to fix.

Not trying to nitpick, but this is my first ROM and I'm pretty new to the whole thing and just want to point out some of the issues I've had in case there's easy fixes, or I'm just being dense.

And actually, another dumb question. Do I NEED to install the roaming cab that was posted earlier in the thread in order to roam, or is that only if you're having trouble roaming?