PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2009, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: ALLTEL

jsminnis is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: cannot get my phone to hard reset to factory default rom after installing energyr

NRGZ28

I have been biting my tongue for a week, I know how cooks don't like to be bugged about updates, so I have done my best to be quiet. I'm not asking for a new rom today, I was just wondering If we could an ETA, even if it's a month down the road so I can move on with my life....hehe...

So, as stated above, there is NO rush, I just want to know when I may expect my "FIX"....

At least that way, I won't be waking up every morning thinking it's christmas, only to realize it's only August..... LOL
Old 08-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint hero
Carrier: sprint

98classic is keeping up the good work98classic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to 98classic
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

lol, dont mean to bug? thats exactly what you're doing. not like you are paying or a service and expect to know an eta on your goods. it'll come out when it comes out, if not then build your own.

hero on AOSP 1.6 + googlebits.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pablomentabo is a n00b
Re: cannot get my phone to hard reset to factory default rom after installing energyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98classic View Post
uhmm you have to flash it to a factory rom. hard reset will only clear everything and set it back to a fresh install of whatever rom is in there.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42741

thx for the link. i made a duplicate post in the general forums about this too because i know how crowded this forum gets. sry about a dumb question but this was my first custom rom
Old 08-22-2009, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Warhawk' (23016) ** | Built Aug 11 | w Manila 2

I know I've seen the solution to this, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is.......

I do not like the version of Opera installed in this ROM at all. This is usually no big deal with any ROM, as I have a cab for NFSFAN's custom version of Opera 9.5 16643 that I always install on whatever ROM I'm using.

The problem is, it refuses to install with this ROM. It looks likes it's installing fine, but at the end it says "Installation was unsuccessful. The program cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions"

This is the first time this has happened to me with any ROM, does anybody know a way around it???

~John
Old 08-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmylxgo View Post
-= Panoramic Pimp 2.0 Wallpaper =-
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...46&postcount=1

awesome, thanks dude! Donation coming soon......

Old 08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch diamond, touch pro, TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: sprint

rogerp is keeping up the good workrogerp is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I know I've seen the solution to this, but I'll be damned if I can remember what it is.......

I do not like the version of Opera installed in this ROM at all. This is usually no big deal with any ROM, as I have a cab for NFSFAN's custom version of Opera 9.5 16643 that I always install on whatever ROM I'm using.

The problem is, it refuses to install with this ROM. It looks likes it's installing fine, but at the end it says "Installation was unsuccessful. The program cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions"

This is the first time this has happened to me with any ROM, does anybody know a way around it???

~John
not sure if this will help or not but i have read that if you install this you will be able to install a new version but i am not a pro just trying to help

roger
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
use task manager to stop all OPERA task that shows up. then try installing again.

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 08-22-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
use task manager to stop all OPERA task that shows up. then try installing again.
I use memaid & there is no Opera task running.

~John
Old 08-22-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerp View Post
not sure if this will help or not but i have read that if you install this you will be able to install a new version but i am not a pro just trying to help

roger
Thanks, I'll try that.

~John
Old 08-22-2009, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerp View Post

roger
dammit, that didn't work either.

Oh well, on to the next ROM I guess.........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro