PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built August 1st ||

Just a heads up. I took a peek at the files in Gen.Y Manila 2.1 and the Modified Internet Tab should function exactly as it did before without the need for any changes. The 27c65cdb_manila from the Gen.Y appears unchanged from the previous version. I am also real curious to see if NRGZ28 adapted a version of it to include with the ROM. *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Can't wait to see what he's been up to in his kitchen!

EDIT: I see some discussion of Murducky/LuckySe7en's Sashimi guide -- I recommend this as well for anyone who wants to learn how to cut back on their setup time. It's actually all pretty straightforward, and especially the linked videos are very easy to follow. Good stuff!

Last edited by askwhy; 08-05-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Just a heads up. I took a peek at the files in Gen.Y Manila 2.1 and the Modified Internet Tab should function exactly as it did before without the need for any changes. The 27c65cdb_manila from the Gen.Y appears unchanged from the previous version. I am also real curious to see if NRGZ28 adapted a version of it to include with the ROM. *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Can't wait to see what he's been up to in his kitchen!
I kinda hope he doesn't. It would be best to keep it default and have your tweak in the 4th post. Since you have so many variations on it, it would be best to keep it that way. Great tweak though...i'm enjoying it.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:36 PM
brushrop03

Reading the Rhodium 2.1 page at XDA, I really don't really see why there's hype about Rhodium Manilla 2.1
Old 08-05-2009, 07:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ecatapano is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to ecatapano

Need a little help here. Im now to the htc touch pro but had a 6800 forever and have flashed it a bunch of times. Having trouble getting the rom to run i have the bootloader spl-0.35.0000 and it says security unlocked and when i try to run the rom i get 0% and then it doesn't run.

Any ideas i love wm6.5 and want it on my htc pro
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
I kinda hope he doesn't. It would be best to keep it default and have your tweak in the 4th post. Since you have so many variations on it, it would be best to keep it that way. Great tweak though...i'm enjoying it.
I hear ya. Not cooking it in might be best -- there really are quite a number of [minuscule] variations, and one-size-rarely-fits-all. At least it's easy to change. Looks like we might find out sometime tonight. Glad you are enjoying it, either way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03
Reading the Rhodium 2.1 page at XDA, I really don't really see why there's hype about Rhodium Manilla 2.1
I believe a lot of the hope (and hype) is on its potential to be faster and more stable, and the 'new' features are just really icing on the cake. At least, that's what I am hoping for.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I believe a lot of the hope (and hype) is on its potential to be faster and more stable, and the 'new' features are just really icing on the cake. At least, that's what I am hoping for.
Is there anything actually "new"? I thought it was just the xmod touchflo redone to perfect the problems the original port had?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
I hear ya. Not cooking it in might be best -- there really are quite a number of [minuscule] variations, and one-size-rarely-fits-all. At least it's easy to change. Looks like we might find out sometime tonight. Glad you are enjoying it, either way!

true....ill sit this one out and read the comments lol
Old 08-05-2009, 07:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

spaceboy is keeping up the good workspaceboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkman View Post
i like this rom

BUT

4 hour battery life is not cutting it
I found that unchecking "receive all incoming beams" also helps battery life.

I guess that this is something else that is polling and eating away at battery.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time
Carrier: Sprint

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
I found that unchecking "receive all incoming beams" also helps battery life.

I guess that this is something else that is polling and eating away at battery.
yea that's one of the first things i did uncheck that set everythign that would cause the data connection to come on to manual .... no idea what would be zapping it lol
Old 08-05-2009, 08:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
Is there anything actually "new"? I thought it was just the xmod touchflo redone to perfect the problems the original port had?
In one sense, that is correct. Lots of small issues with the original xbmod port of the beta are hopefully going to be a thing of the past, but it's not actually a further modification of the same package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozgatg
While xbmod's vga port was a great feat, it did have some shortcomings since it was based on a beta version. We have all waited a long time for a new version, but since xbmod wasn't able to continue his work, I decided to give it a shot myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yozgatg
Main new features of v2.1 over v2.0:
- New add push page dialog: you can enter your own push page manually, no longer needed to first add it as a bookmark to opera (see screenshot below)
> Also, now a warning will pop up when enabling push page (extra data transfer etc.)
- New messaging screen: thumbnails have been removed to create more space for the messages themselves (see screenshot below)
- Calendar auto-adapts to regional settings: calendar now starts on monday if your regional settings are right (see screenshot below)
- Complete facebook integration: no more connection errors
- 6 more program icons available in start menu/programs tab (+ it's adjustable, so you can even get more/less)
- WM6.1 & WM6.5 compatible!
I also keep seeing the 'Manila Start Menu' mentioned, and I am very interested to see how that is implemented. Mostly, I am just looking forward to a number of small, minor, layout corrections that plague the current Manila port.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro