PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

Well if anyone is interested I have confirmed that I get much better signal strength on the 7/22 build. I associate this with much better battery life though I haven't confirmed yet. I'm not complaining about the battery life I'm just stating the the 7/22 has a lot better signal strength and when I had better signal strength I had a lot better battery performance. I went from 0-3 bars (7/29 build) to a full 4-5 bars (7/22 build).

Now if I could just get the RD dial version I'd be all set. Thanks again cmgj for the link to the standard version.

edit: I can't believe the difference in signal strength.

Last edited by zone23; 07-30-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Comstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuffComstar knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhale83 View Post
I'm having problems with my ROM flash sticking. I flash the ROM, then hard reset again and it works for a while then all of the sudden will freeze up and when I go to soft reset it, it performs a HARD reset except it doesn't actually perform the hard reset. It just gets stuck at the screen that says "Welcome to EnergyROM". I have to put it in Bootloader and re-flash again to get it to do anything. Sometimes it also gets stuck at the very first screen that says "Touch Pro" with all the stuff in red text at the bottom. Anyone got any advice for me to get this fixed???
Try flashing back to stock - hard reset - re download this rom and flash again. This happen to me once on another ROM.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
I'm having problems with my ROM flash sticking. I flash the ROM, then hard reset again and it works for a while then all of the sudden will freeze up and when I go to soft reset it, it performs a HARD reset except it doesn't actually perform the hard reset. It just gets stuck at the screen that says "Welcome to EnergyROM". I have to put it in Bootloader and re-flash again to get it to do anything. Sometimes it also gets stuck at the very first screen that says "Touch Pro" with all the stuff in red text at the bottom. Anyone got any advice for me to get this fixed???
Hard Reset - Flash to Stock ROM - Hard Reset - Soft Reset - Flash to Energy ROM - Hard Reset - Soft Reset...see if it works.

I had this happen to me the first time I flashed back in May. Been gold since.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I'm having problems with my ROM flash sticking
Hopefully, someone here can help.

Quote:
I flash the ROM
From PC via USB or using the SD card method?

Quote:
then hard reset again
Do you let customizations run before you hard reset again? And aare you using 'Wipe Device' or a button method?

Quote:
it works for a while then all of the sudden will freeze up
About how long does it work for? Does it freeze anywhere or always in the same place/application?

Quote:
when I go to soft reset it, it performs a HARD reset except it doesn't actually perform the hard reset. It just gets stuck at the screen that says "Welcome to EnergyROM".
I assume you've waited an extra long time just to make sure, say 5 minutes, just in case it wasn't stuck...right?

Quote:
I have to put it in Bootloader and re-flash again to get it to do anything.
Have you always re-flashed the same file or have you tried other ROMs? Definitely try another ROM or even the stock ROM at this point to see if it has any similar issues. You may have a hardware problem developing.

Quote:
Sometimes it also gets stuck at the very first screen that says "Touch Pro" with all the stuff in red text at the bottom.
That also sounds suspiciously like a hardware issue, and you can flash back to stock for your best chance to determine if that's the case.

Quote:
Anyone got any advice for me to get this fixed???
Yup, flash back to stock and test for a while. If you have no problems, re-download the EnergyROM and try flashing again. Good luck!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

jhale83 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Hard Reset - Flash to Stock ROM - Hard Reset - Soft Reset - Flash to Energy ROM - Hard Reset - Soft Reset...see if it works.

I had this happen to me the first time I flashed back in May. Been gold since.
Thanks I will give this a try.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:18 AM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
that's weird, the way i explained it is the way i have always done it even before it was cooked into the rom when i had to use the fix to do it.

are you sure that the contacts in your phone have the same names that match to the contacts on your facebook account?
Nope...i've never gotten the "Login Failed" error.

The names in my phone aren't exactly the same. Like I may not have the last name in my phone. Just the first....
Old 07-30-2009, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I don't know if this has been posted before but I like having the up and down arrows in my TEXTING tab and with this cab you also get the ability to zoom in and out on the fly. Works great with this rom.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Mun-sms Zoom.cab (96.8 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero with Google

bwarce is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post

I don't know if this has been posted before but I like having the up and down arrows in my TEXTING tab and with this cab you also get the ability to zoom in and out on the fly. Works great with this rom.
Thanks for this cab looks pretty useful. Could you also post the bright icons for TF3D you are using? TIA!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:38 AM
brushrop03

What does zooming do?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
What does zooming do?
It zooms the font so that you can shrink large messages or zoom in to read easier.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro