PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|6.5|ROM|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Magic' (23001) ** || Build date 70909 ||

if ur refering to the tf3d wallpaper, u have to change it on the settings tab of tf3d. just going thru the normal today settings wont get it done
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRo
Carrier: Sprint

garifo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
Question for NRGZ28:

Did you include the "phone as a modem" hacks in you ROM so you can tether your phone to your computer, and Sprint still thinks it's using the DATA mode?

/probably not, since your ROM isn't Sprint specific... but thought I'd ask.
Yes this still works. I have used a few times already on the latest ROM
Old 07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

xevious2k is a n00b

Hello everyone,

I first want to thank NRG for such a great ROM.

I've been using this ROM for a few months now and am overall very happy with it, however I was never happy with the battery life. I did some testing over the weekend and found that if I don't turn on bluetooth the battery is fine. It only used 15% life in 8 hours without bluetooth.

When I turned on bluetooth, (I live on my headset), it used 55% of the battery within 4 hours.

In order to get better battery life I was wondering if I changed the bluetooth profile if it would help. The only problem is that I don't know the difference of what the profiles are.

So, 3 questions...

1. Do others who are complaining about battery life use bluetooth?
2. Do those who get great battery life use bluetooth?

3. Does anyone know the best profile to use with a simple bluetooth headset? (i.e. Only use it for phone calls)

You can get to the profiles by Start - Settings - Bluetooth - (Profiles tab)

Thanks,
X2K

Last edited by xevious2k; 07-13-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

askwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on repaskwhy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious2k View Post

So, 3 questions...

1. Do others who are complaining about battery life use bluetooth?
2. Do those who get great battery life use bluetooth?

3. Does anyone know the best profile to use with a simple bluetooth headset? (i.e. Only use if for phone calls)

Thanks,
X2K

I use bluetooth when I am in my car, and also for long calls with clients even when I am at home -- but I try to turn it off when not in use. Battery life is a tricky thing to break down into contributing factors because there are just so many variables. On top of that the seemingly 'adaptive' behavior of the battery calibration on these phones practically forces you to wait a few days or charge cycles to find out what impact any new ROM will actually have on your day-to-day battery life. Bluetooth can definitely be a big power hit, but it shouldn't be something you have to compromise on these days.

Anyways, about your questions...

1. N/A for me -- nothing to complain about here
2. N/A for me -- nothing to write home about here

3. Use the 'Hands Free' profile which is for general phone use and disable any others such as 'Wireless Stereo' which your headset may support but isn't needed for calls. This may help a little bit, but don't expect a miracle here.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TheBlackDragon7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
... I think the issue is that Work Clocks and WinMo Clocks&Alarms are battling for control of the time. It just a matter of time before it gets worked out.
Haha, good one, very punny!

Sprint SERO for life!
Phones:
Nokia 1260 -> Sanyo SCP-5500 -> Motorola Q -> HTC Touch Pro

Energy ROM 3.0 build date 061209
Old 07-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TheBlackDragon7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevious2k View Post
Hello everyone,

I first want to thank NRG for such a great ROM.

I've been using this ROM for a few months now and am overall very happy with it, however I was never happy with the battery life. I did some testing over the weekend and found that if I don't turn on bluetooth the battery is fine. It only used 15% life in 8 hours without bluetooth.

When I turned on bluetooth, (I live on my headset), it used 55% of the battery within 4 hours.

In order to get better battery life I was wondering if I changed the bluetooth profile if it would help. The only problem is that I don't know the difference of what the profiles are.

Thanks,
X2K
It really depends on if anything is connected to the phone by bluetooth. I would leave my bluetooth on, but not have anything connected, and didn't notice any change in battery life. So for me, since it's easier, I would just turn off my headset.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Another thing I have noticed... Looking for confirmation:

If you open the Photo Album, the icon on the right thats supposed to bring up the menu doesnt do anything, and it actually ends up crashing the album more often than not.

Any ideas?

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

which album are u using? 2.5 or 3.0?
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

THEGAMEPLAY94 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post

If you open the Photo Album, the icon on the right thats supposed to bring up the menu doesnt do anything, and it actually ends up crashing the album more often than not.

Any ideas?
Yeah im havin the same problem
Old 07-13-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post

Any ideas?

Ya I noticed this too but I personally don't care for the new photo album software and end up installing HTC_Album_+_SocialNetworksEngine[1].cab. Its the old album software. Works fine but you have to reset (not a hard reset) the phone then install otherwise you will get a file protection error. This version doesn't automatically rotate the photo like the new version. It also lets you zoom by circling your finger. Also I install Duttys_Facebook_Upload_Fix[1].cab too if you into that kind of thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro