PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

I am running 21899 Cookie edition and here the last couple of days been getting freezes every other text literally which requires a reset, I have tried just letting the device sit for hrs, in order to access the text I have as well as sending/receiving. Each time I reset sent there is a mass of messages send & receive. I switched to the titanium home screen and that seemed to help, since the HTC messaging is no longer in use but still getting some freezes. especially when sending/receiving with multiple people at once

I am deleting my sms/mms every 3 days but that does not help the freezes. when it freezes I am still able to use the rest of the phone it is strictly the sending/receiving as well as the fact that the texts I have can not viewed.

Cabs installed;
Zenyee Disable HTC messaging
JaminMc Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79

any one have this issue?

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work
Re: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-* Energy *|Apr 21| 21899|23563 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.

Are you using a CHT lock screen?
Old 05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
Are you using a CHT lock screen?
Who are you talking to?
Old 05-16-2010, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

dusky is a n00b

ok, I was having a bear of a time figuring out how to flash my phone after upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit, but if you go herehttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center.mspx, it will promp you for the active sync driver you need.....but you must have A VALID AUTH KEY!
Hope this ist a re-post, but I searched the fourm and didnt see anything.......hope this helps

Last edited by dusky; 05-16-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

I know I have a lot of freeze-up issues and have for sometime (not limited to just the lastest rom). Especially if my phone sits idle for awhile and I go to use it. I am thinking it's the facebook app updating or something.. Oh well, in a few weeks I'll have my EVO!
Old 05-17-2010, 08:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

djfujiyama is just getting started

Thoughts on 23569 May 09 cookie ROM:

-ROM is overall fairly snappy. Still some lag (esp on keyboard open/close) but not too bad.
-Phone freezing up is really the biggest thing holding this ROM back. Not sure what the cause is. (bad flash?)
-You can trigger a task manager by clicking the upper left hand corner of the screen (where the start menu used to be)
-Cookies homescreen is awesome

Issues:
-Seems the "incoming MMS causes all received texts to disappear" problem is still there. The fix i posted earlier in this thread still works.
-Random freezes. Happens several times a day. Not sure what's causing it. Phone literally froze as I was writing this post. This time it was while google maps was open.
-Keyboard appears to randomly becoming unresponsive. Closing and re-opening the keyboard seems to fix it.
-Had to manual install the "mark all as read" cab in order to get that function on the outlook/email menu.
-If GPS takes forever to lock on, run the quickGPS program. Sometimes it errors out, but a soft reset usually fixes that.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
Who are you talking to?
You. I didn't quote because I replied directly under your post.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sstor792 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusky View Post
ok, I was having a bear of a time figuring out how to flash my phone after upgrading to Windows 7 64 bit, but if you go herehttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-us/help/synchronize/device-center.mspx, it will promp you for the active sync driver you need.....but you must have A VALID AUTH KEY!
Hope this ist a re-post, but I searched the fourm and didnt see anything.......hope this helps
you dont even need that program to flash you can simply drop RAPHIMG.NBH on root of sd. then soft reset while holding power and volume down and your all set, actually this method is much easier then the computer because you dont have to worry about unplugging it accidentally or something.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

sstor792 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfujiyama View Post
Thoughts on 23569 May 09 cookie ROM:

-ROM is overall fairly snappy. Still some lag (esp on keyboard open/close) but not too bad.
-Phone freezing up is really the biggest thing holding this ROM back. Not sure what the cause is. (bad flash?)
-You can trigger a task manager by clicking the upper left hand corner of the screen (where the start menu used to be)
-Cookies homescreen is awesome

Issues:
-Seems the "incoming MMS causes all received texts to disappear" problem is still there. The fix i posted earlier in this thread still works.
-Random freezes. Happens several times a day. Not sure what's causing it. Phone literally froze as I was writing this post. This time it was while google maps was open.
-Keyboard appears to randomly becoming unresponsive. Closing and re-opening the keyboard seems to fix it.
-Had to manual install the "mark all as read" cab in order to get that function on the outlook/email menu.
-If GPS takes forever to lock on, run the quickGPS program. Sometimes it errors out, but a soft reset usually fixes that.
where is the picturemail fix? i could not seem to find it.
also i havnt personally had any freezes since i flashed on sat. i would recommend flashing stock before you flash energy it usually fixes freezing and random hard resets and other wierd problems.

Last edited by sstor792; 05-17-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnsauceda35 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Oops, double post.

|GOOGLE+|gplus.to/sauceda35

Last edited by nsauceda35; 05-17-2010 at 09:55 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro