PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2010, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) |Dec 21| Sense 2.1 and 2

It's just inevitable for me to think that this thread is not getting the attention we would like from our favorite chef NRG! I had to thin k about this, he has a TP 2 now and there are a lot of things going on with that device and the leo right now, plus WVGA. He doesn't even own a TP anymore and it's mind-blowing to me how he makes great roms without a device to test on!! He's not going to go backwards at least in my mind he's not. I see it's just time for me to upgrade my poor lil TP...It's time anyway, the TP is out dated. Don't get me wrong the device is a great device, I love it!! And will have to use it till I get a TP2 or HD2. But, these new roms are not all together and I cannot keep tryin to fix a broken rom. Things are fine at first but, just starts fallin apart after a while, but only with the newer roms. in my opinion the Dec. 17th is probably the most stable rom, 21855, I believe. But, how do you guys feel and what are your opinions on the most stable rom? Your opinions will be greatly valued as I have to use the rom till I get TP2. May everyone have a blessed year!!

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Apr 20| 21899 -.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
Old 01-07-2010, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Wisdom3G is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Wisdom3G Send a message via Yahoo to Wisdom3G
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) |Dec 21| Sense 2.1 and 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENIROINK View Post
Are any of the sense 2.5 rom's landscape capable?
NO, none of the Sense 2.5 roms in this rom are landscape capable. We are only up to Manila 1921 for the touch pro. And landscape starts in Manila 1922, which has only been dropped for the leo and may have already been ported to the TP2.

Last edited by Wisdom3G; 01-07-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

andychan3e is a n00b
Question Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28014/21885) |Dec 21| Sense 2.1 and 2

Only of you know. reply back. What is the pagepool set to.
im trying to change it. static or dynamic?
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 AM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisdom3G View Post
It's just inevitable for me to think that this thread is not getting the attention we would like from our favorite chef NRG! I had to thin k about this, he has a TP 2 now and there are a lot of things going on with that device and the leo right now, plus WVGA. He doesn't even own a TP anymore and it's mind-blowing to me how he makes great roms without a device to test on!! He's not going to go backwards at least in my mind he's not. I see it's just time for me to upgrade my poor lil TP...It's time anyway, the TP is out dated. Don't get me wrong the device is a great device, I love it!! And will have to use it till I get a TP2 or HD2. But, these new roms are not all together and I cannot keep tryin to fix a broken rom. Things are fine at first but, just starts fallin apart after a while, but only with the newer roms. in my opinion the Dec. 17th is probably the most stable rom, 21855, I believe. But, how do you guys feel and what are your opinions on the most stable rom? Your opinions will be greatly valued as I have to use the rom till I get TP2. May everyone have a blessed year!!
From what I understand NRG has never had a TP... Correct me if wrong...
I have never had any instability with his roms, besides the occational problem with manila. The 28011 and 21855 builds are both awsome, I do like the 28011 build but am running the 21855 just to get the Dusk Theme Taskbar to show correctly. It just depends, there are so many oppinions...
NRG only use to use the most "stable" Builds and Packages, everyone bugged for manila 2.5 for the longest time, then bugged for the latest builds, He just gives use what we want. Now he offers so many different builds It's really cool to get everything out there, and I find his roms to be the most orginized and user friendly, sure we all have a few apps and setting we would like added but the roms are setup great and need little customizing. Plus he cooks up so many other rom for other devices, aven if we upgrade chances are we can still flash an NRG Rom

Thank You.. .
Old 01-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: us cellular

DarkKnightZX is a n00b

anyone know if stealth tethering is cooked into this rom?
Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

knewBee4lyfe is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to knewBee4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirshaw View Post
...cant you just tap the power button on the top of the phone to turn off the screen? thats what i do when im tethering. the phone gets hot regardless if the screen is on or off. What i do if im tethering for a long period of time is put the phone next to a little fan to cool it off, not the best option but it works and keeps it charging.
I was using an older flash... and when ever I clicked the power button. it would disconnect from the computer all together. I just flashed to the newest one and it seems like it the display times out now... which is good. i just leave it on for 5 mins and it turns off.

my other problem is (which was supposed to be fixed already) that whenever my phone is in my pocket and a text goes off... the screen still lights up. or when i lose reception and i regain it... it lights up. and for some reason it will not shut off. maybe it bounces around my pouch or my pocket and buttonss are getting pushed. but still, is there a command or a reg edit that i can change to make sure the display wakes up only on power button? it'll save me from heavy battery loss. (& my chic also sees that i get text from other chicks when my phone is face up on the table and it gets me into a lot of trouble.) lol
being a knew bee, im always learning stuff im forgetting, ADHD Sucks balls. i knew i should have listened to my mommy when she said drugs are bad... but i was never this bad at remembering stuff... anyways... learning, yea... ADHD makes me a person that writes long and useless stuff... anyways back to learning... i will be a new bee for life because by the time i understand something, im 2 updates behind. sorry.

Last edited by knewBee4lyfe; 01-07-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

knewBee4lyfe is a n00b

ps... sorry for the long story.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

knewBee4lyfe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightZX View Post
anyone know if stealth tethering is cooked into this rom?
that is ussually cooked into most roms... like 99 % of them.

but to answer your question. yes.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mcrozanski58 is a n00b

When trying to install MS Voice Command, I get an error, but it looks as if the program actually installed. I go to the icon and setup whats needs to be done. I try to assign a button to it, but to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

fjrooney is a n00b

I ran into a range of difficulties in flashing my phone, and I include these here to help people who might run into the same problems. I have an Alltel Touch Pro.

After studying the posts at PPCGeeks.com, especially in then EnergyROM thread, I had a variety of ways of handling situations. It was good to have studied these in advance. Thank you to the people who contributed on these threads that are important references:

Here I tried to paste in the addresses of helpful threads, but the board won't allow me to include threads since I haven't posted 10 times yet. Sorry.

On flashing this phone in general: at xda-developers, thread 508084
Flashing from the SD card: at ppcgeeks, thread 61333
On saving "bricked" phones: at ppcgeeks, thread 51508

My first flash was to the update for the phone from the HTC website, version 2.01.671.1.
Hermann_C_ALLTEL_WWE_2.01.671.1_1.12.20F_Alltel_2. 00_30033_Ship.exe
I flashed it from the program with the ActiveSync 4.5 connection I have been using on my XP SP3 laptop computer. That went fairly easily. It seemed to drop the connection, but it did the update.

I also connect to an Exchange server (2007), and the policy on the server requires some security settings including locking and a password to access the device. I discovered with that ROM that when a call came in, it only gave the lock screen, but did not show the number or name of the caller. Even if I unlocked the phone quick enough, there was no screen for the caller information. So I decided to dive in and try an EnergyROM.

After reading, the one I was most comfortable with was EnergyROM_21885_HERMAN_17.Dec.2009_StandardM2.5_Ma xManila. I tried to flash that and ran into hours of problems.

After the first failed attempt, my heart started racing for fear I had bricked the phone. The thread on dealing with bad flash operations was extremely helpful. It is helpful to remember that there is a flash image on the ROM, but there is also a working image in the phone that is what the phone normally boots from after a soft reset or power down. If the working image is not corrupted, it will still boot, and it can still connect via ActiveSync, etc. So if the flashing of the ROM goes badly, do not do the hard reset. Just let it boot the normal way, if it is able to do so.

I tried to flash from the PC, and the connection would die partway through. It even brought down the PC to a Blue Screen Of Death with the message "Multiple IRP Complete Requests." I tried in different states (bootloader, etc.) and nothing worked. The PC could not make a connection with the Bootloader mode either. The phone showed a USB connection, but the ActiveSync could not identify it.

I tried the flash using SD card method, but whenever I had a file with RAPHIMG.nbh, it would show a "Loading" message and would stay there for many minutes. I waited out at least 10 because of the message I had seen in the RUU programs, but it was stuck. Wondering if the card was the problem, I tried to reformat the SD card using both the XP formatting utility and one I downloaded from the SD Card organization SDcard.org, SDFormatter v2.0. I always got the same results with the phone stuck on the Loading message. The card was a 8G microSDHC, and from some comments in the threads I wondered if that was the problem, but I didn't have a smaller one to test. I later found out that that was not the problem either.

I couldn't flash anything successfully, even though the phone said "Security Unlocked." I tried to flash the CMONEX unlocker, and that wouldn't work either. By the way, this is what was on the Bootloader screen (if that is what it is properly called) when I entered that mode, and this apparently came from the HTC updater flash operation.

Security unlocked
RAPH800
SPL-0.40.0000
MicroP-Herman (LED) v0C85
MicroP-Herman (KEY) v0685
PSOC-Raph STAGE_EVT v20

Then I had the idea that the newer Windows Mobile Device Center might be one more option I could try since I had access to a Vista x64 machine. I downloaded the WMDC software, installed it, established the connection, and attempted to flash the hardSPL first of all because I was suspecting that as the problem. It worked! From there it was easy to flash the ROM.

I know this was a long description, but I put the details here so perhaps people will not have to go through the trials and errors. The gist of it is: if you are using that updated ROM from HTC or Alltel (it was distributed by Alltel as well), even though it says Security unlocked, it won't work. To get the CMONEX hardSPL on the phone, ActiveSync on an XP machine won't work. WDMC on Vista did work. Once the CMONEX hardSPL was in place, I could flash ROMs from the PC or from the SD card without any problems.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks to all of you who contributed in the several threads I read, including this one.

Last edited by fjrooney; 01-07-2010 at 12:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro