PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 01:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb5... View Post
how do you change the wallpaper with maxttm? on nrg... i thought icould thru the home screen 'menu' button but i can't.
Wallpaper soft key

Old 12-11-2009, 02:03 AM
VIP Member

jdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on repjdm627 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28011/21884) |Dec 4| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
If Max wasn't so "blurry" looking in every one of those screen shots, I would be tempted to use it.
Max it's not blurry!!! Max made a very nice job and all depend of your wallpaper in the first picture it's all transparent but if you don't liked it's not necesary to use transparent program and you will see diferent.

Transparent

Not Transparent
Old 12-11-2009, 03:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdafreund View Post
jeesh, how can you even see anything on that screen? I tried maxmanilla and hated it once i tried to actually do anything. Course, that was before i found the site where it explains all the options in the hidden screen sections, which made A LOT more sense. I would try it again now that i know more about that stuff. But honestly, i would burn one of the new coming roms with it cooked in. Would be better obviously.

I am pretty content with the speed (overall, not speedy, but pretty acceptable) of the WM6.5.3 new builds (with M2.5), in general, and this is the 1ST time EVER that i finally am able to keep it on solely for everyday purposes. Been using 28xxx M2.5 now for about a week without any problems overall. (IE- DID lockup 2 times however, and MMS not working besides the Rem,SR,Arc.instal, SR. But even THAT didn't work after many flashes, flashdancing each time even, and then all the sudden started working out of the blue.) I am still pretty happy with M2.5 ROMS. BUT, i am considering still going back to a new one (will wait since NRG said he's cooking up newER ones), either the 21xxx series, and MAYBE even NOT using the M2.5, so it's lightning fast and glitch fee. I dunno yet. I'm happy with ok performance with M2.5 (i like the twitter tab).

Here's what i can share from testing so much.
M2.1
=====
-MMS works just fine.
-NOTICEABLY Faster
-Has a program tab for easy, fast switching and choosing.
-can set BOTH homescreen software buttons.
-Doesn't show Weather in homescreen.
-Flip through the contacts to speed dial the one you want.
-Doesn't have big, easy to view e-mails without having to click on it and open it to easily view it all.
-Doesn't have fancier looking media and album tabs, cover view style.
-Has panoramic view in all tabs, all part of touch flo.
M2.5
====
-Shows Weather in homescreen
-Has fancy looking media and albums tabs.
-Animated background's on main screen.
-Twitter tab.
-Has panoramic in albums and music (WIP via external development project, use at your own risk. But developing fast is looks good so far.)
-Integrates a lot of WM options within M2.5 itself.
-Footprints (not quite working yet.)
-MMS is pretty quirky for some % of users. Workarounds, but not through Sense.
Those are the biggest strong points.

Now, the BIGGEST strongpoints, which a lot of users will agree, come down to the following-

WM6.1
=====
-Noticeable Faster.
-Exiting out programs, CLOSES right then and there.(IE- No programs running in the background when not using them.

WM6.5
=====
-Closing a program, it keeps running in the background until you MANUALLY close it.
-Pushes the top start menu to the bottom. (the bars BOTH share the same amount of used pixels of the whole screen still, so this is questionable in terms of minus or plus.)
-Overall nicer finger drivin' buttons throughout options and screens.

Hopefully i didn't miss any of the KEY essentials here. These are mostly meant to capture the JUST of things overall for any newcomers.

Some might WM6.5 is much more finger friendly, BUT if your already used to using you fingernail quickly, you WON'T notice a different at all. And 6.1 is pretty forgiving when clicking while using your fingernail anyway. (NEVER had a single issue.)

WM6.1 is noticeably faster anyway. So if speed is a concern (being concerned of waiting a second more in every section of WM, if that, but less in a lot of area's, though NOT MUCH less.) stay with 6.1

If you use MMS a lot and don't want any glitches, problems, headaches, USE M2.1. I am one that have rans into some unsolvable problems with MMS, even with flashdancing. And out of the blue one day started working ok, but still through a separate step to view.

I think this sums up the just of things between all 4 variants. If you wonder about Titanium, if you don't know or haven't heard about Sense or Touchflo, this might be for you, as it's factory WM6.1 homescreen. It's personal preferance. But a HUGE advantage difference of extra feature's you gain by using Touchflo/Sense either way.

Hope this helps. I've been using Touch Flo since my Sprint Mogul, well before buying my Touch Pro.

I think you might be slightly confused about 6.5. In 6.5 tapping the X does close your program. In 6.5.3 the X is at the bottom and it doesn't close the program. Just minimizes it. You have to go to the task manager to close it.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

djdafreund is keeping up the good workdjdafreund is keeping up the good work

Actually, not confused at all, that's how it's always functioned for me since 6.5 as long as i have remembered, and into 6.5.3. It's never seemed to close the program with hitting the X, which in 6.5 the X has always been in the bottom right corner. Not saying i am wrong of course, but before 6.5.3, that's always been a small complained with me, over 6.1

Last edited by djdafreund; 12-11-2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

aycc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdphd View Post
I have the same problem. When someone calls me, the Caller ID screen does not show up. I just hear the phone ringing and hit the hardware button to pick up the call. I used to be able to slide to ignore or answer the call AND the screen would show who was calling me. I no longer have this feature. I am using Dec 9, Build 28011, Standard 2.1
Mine shows the caller ID, but the phone doesnt ring or vibrate. LOL.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:47 AM
N00b

samrio is keeping up the good worksamrio is keeping up the good work

I seem to be having the Odd Ringer Volume issue again with it starting out really low and when the caller hangs up, or it times out (goes to vm) it goes back to loud, so I can't hear people calling. I can replicate it every time I flash the ROM. If I pick a custom ringtone and test it, the ringer is fine. It's when I change any other sound (ie, text, missed call, etc..) that the problem starts up again immediately. I've also just tried not changing anything, and over time it does it anyway. I'm currently using the 28011 Standard 2.1 Manilla Build, but was able to replicate the issue in all ROMS with this latest release. Not sure what to make of it.
Tried the HTC Tweak Tool to up the Audio and that didn't solve it. Tried the old Bad Boy audio fix, didn't solve the problem either. Soft Reset..Nada. Hard Reset get's it back, but it soon starts up again.
Anyone else having this problem, that can shed some light on the Ringer Volume?
Old 12-11-2009, 06:36 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdphd View Post
I have the same problem. When someone calls me, the Caller ID screen does not show up. I just hear the phone ringing and hit the hardware button to pick up the call. I used to be able to slide to ignore or answer the call AND the screen would show who was calling me. I no longer have this feature. I am using Dec 9, Build 28011, Standard 2.1
You can also press the right phone hard button to ignore the call...unless you have mapped it to do something else.

David
Old 12-11-2009, 08:12 AM
N00b
Carrier: sprint

reddragon022 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatboy29m View Post
Im running the 12/09 M2.5 version on a US Cellular Touch Pro. Can someone PLEASE help me get MMS/Pic mail working?
Just stick with 2.1. 2.5 has some issues with mms now, so if your really into txting get 2.1. When I was using 2.5, both sms/mms worked good, until I wanted someone from another network (verzion) to send me a pic. When it was going through the process in receiving the mms, it never went through (came up with an error, but forgot what it said). But when I did a soft reset, the mms appeared on my msg icon and I was able to view it. After that mms came through the sms/mms started freezing up my phone so I switch to 2.1 until the sms gets fixed
Old 12-11-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon022 View Post
Just stick with 2.1. 2.5 has some issues with mms now, so if your really into txting get 2.1. When I was using 2.5, both sms/mms worked good, until I wanted someone from another network (verzion) to send me a pic. When it was going through the process in receiving the mms, it never went through (came up with an error, but forgot what it said). But when I did a soft reset, the mms appeared on my msg icon and I was able to view it. After that mms came through the sms/mms started freezing up my phone so I switch to 2.1 until the sms gets fixed
If anyone is a Sprint user then they should really try out sMMS by SomeGuyMMS. It is an outstanding program and you don't have to mess with the whole MMS dance to get it to work. Here is a link to his thread here at PPCGeeks.com > http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...highlight=smms

pea****93
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkm1126 View Post
Installing In Call Tweaks seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the suggestion.

=D>Cheers,

MKM1126
Glorious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlilmikeny View Post
make sure your data connection is either off or inactive. with the data connection active, the phone will not allow a call to be picked up. try shutting off your data connection and try to receive calls. it should work.
FYI - You should have no problems answering an incoming call with an active data connection if your suspendresume reg edit is set to #777. ...this is what the reg edit should be by default, so unless you changed it, you shouldn't have any problems getting calls.

The no caller ID issue seems to be either a bug in that build or, if only a few people are experiencing it, a corruption worthy of a flashdance. If the flash doesn't fix it up, I would roll back to the last version you had working stable for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
If Max wasn't so "blurry" looking in every one of those screen shots, I would be tempted to use it.
Maybe bad screen shots...I'm a fan of the Max Mod, it's tight. Everyone should try it - it's easily removed. ...this thread is slowly being taken over by Max Mod.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro