PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becco View Post
First time poster. Been using this energy rom for a few moths now.

I've updated and now using the Nov. 27 Standard for now since there are some bugs with the others and currently being fixed.

*I have no clue between the difference between MMS and SMS messages, but I'm getting a "SIM CARD IS MISSING" message when replying. If i go to "all messages" and open it from there I am able to send my reply.

*My Sprint Picture Mail is no longer Working. Is there a Fix for this?

Other then that, everything seems to work just fine.

Thank you for all your hard work and I look forward to future updates.
Not sure if this is what you meant but SMS is text, MMS is Picture Mail.

You could try this fix for the SIM card error, results are mixed
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1257986704

You say Picture Mail "is no longer working", I assume this means it WAS working then stopped?
Just in case-the method that seems to have the best results is the one listed one post before yours, removal cab, soft reset, Arcsoft cab, soft reset.
The zenyee cab in that post will disable HTC SMS and revert back to MS Messaging fyi, you shouldnt NEED it to get MMS working IMO but those steps may help if you're still having trouble after running the 2nd two cabs.

If you need more help let us know the build number, it may make a difference.
Good luck.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

becco is a n00b
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Not sure if this is what you meant but SMS is text, MMS is Picture Mail.

You could try this fix for the SIM card error, results are mixed
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...7&d=1257986704

You say Picture Mail "is no longer working", I assume this means it WAS working then stopped?
Just in case-the method that seems to have the best results is the one listed one post before yours, removal cab, soft reset, Arcsoft cab, soft reset.
The zenyee cab in that post will disable HTC SMS and revert back to MS Messaging fyi, you shouldnt NEED it to get MMS working IMO but those steps may help if you're still having trouble after running the 2nd two cabs.

If you need more help let us know the build number, it may make a difference.
Good luck.
I'll go ahead and try that.

Sprint Pic Mail was working before I upgraded to this "phoenix 2" or what ever. Then I could only receive pics but cannot send. Not after going from the nov. 25 to the 27 to the dec 2 as well as trying the 2.1 and 2.5, it no longer works.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

djxtreme504 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin_diva400
Is anybody else experiencing this when installing Max Manila 2.51919 ultimate?? I went to remove it and everything is back to normal. This hasn't happened to me beforehand.

edit: I'm currently using 28008 2.5 dec.2
I had similar issues. Found this version and it's working just fine. Don't forget to disable Sense before installing.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:16 PM
N00b

samrio is keeping up the good worksamrio is keeping up the good work
Lightbulb Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becco View Post
I'll go ahead and try that.

Sprint Pic Mail was working before I upgraded to this "phoenix 2" or what ever. Then I could only receive pics but cannot send. Not after going from the nov. 25 to the 27 to the dec 2 as well as trying the 2.1 and 2.5, it no longer works.
You usually have to install the ArcSoft MMS app to send, it's not always built in. I've installed it everytime I flash, and haven't had any problems with MMS.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

I'm not doubting dj but the Max Manila thread lists issue with Manila 1921 and 28xxx builds. v2.6 is in the works
bignadad didnt have luck with 12-02 28008 Energy (last two posts)
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1380377
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700 Touch pro now EVO 4G

tiburon2006 is becoming a great contributor

The only difference between sprint picture mail and arcsoft is that sprint picture mail works in with the mail tab like outlook and gmail and arcsoft works in the text messages tab and in the treaded text messages. you should be able to send a pic to an e-mail address with picture mail I don't if you can with a text type also sms is short message and mms is multimedia message
Old 12-04-2009, 07:56 PM
N00b
Carrier: sprint

reddragon022 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Yea, a few things here...for your next flash. First, don't restore your text messages, unless you need to. I've found it helps get things working properly. If you want to disable HTC Messaging, you can run that cab. The issue with Picture Mail is that the removal cab may not install correctly if the Picture Mail app is running...which sounds like what happened in your case [you said you were testing MMS before installing arcsoft]. So, chances are Sprint Picture Mail [what you're trying to remove with the removal cab] was running. If you get that error next time, go into your Task Manager and kill the picture mail process - then run the removal cab again, soft reset [you NEED to soft reset or this may not work], then install the version of Arcsoft you want.

If you want MMS, I would try these steps on the Nov 27th version of the ROM instead of the Dec 2nd. The Dec 2nd ROM has the "People Messaging Classic" mod cooked in, which is likely causing some of the headaches we're dancing with.

Hope some of that helps.
I'm going to try that now and see will that work. I will keep you posted to let you know the outcome.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:40 PM
N00b

samrio is keeping up the good worksamrio is keeping up the good work
Wink Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon2006 View Post
The only difference between sprint picture mail and arcsoft is that sprint picture mail works in with the mail tab like outlook and gmail and arcsoft works in the text messages tab and in the treaded text messages. you should be able to send a pic to an e-mail address with picture mail I don't if you can with a text type also sms is short message and mms is multimedia message
Not sure who you were addressing with this one. I use the Arcsoft cab due to it working much better than the PictureMail Sprint Cab that adds the pic tab. When I used the Picture Mail cab (even when in stock 6.1) it would take forever to send any MMS (sometimes a day later). the arcsoft cab is much more efficient and I've never had any issues using it. Never had to uninstall anything either. It does send all MMS to the SMS inbox as you stated.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:40 PM
N00b
Carrier: sprint

reddragon022 is a n00b

Hey ThreeFaces, it worked for me. I guess when I did try to remove picturemail, I guess it did get hung up or something cause I was in the process in getting a picture mail. Cause on my old energyrom, when I tried to remove picturemail and install JD arcsoft, it worked like a charm. Glad that it works because, I really needed the mms to work and the Nov.27 is very fast and stable to me now. I didn't use JD Arcsoft 5.2.1.22 this time, Sprint Arcsoft MMS 5.0.82.79 works good enough .
Old 12-04-2009, 09:34 PM
N00b

l0gikal is a n00b

NRG just posted this on his twitter:
"21877 and 28088 Standard WVGA ROMs updated. Threads updated and changelogs posted. Sense 2.5 and Titanium ROMs are still uploading..."
"And No.. I didn't forget my VGA brothers "

Does that mean we're getting updated ROMs for our TP1 soon?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro