PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saf100792 View Post
not sure if anyone else is having this problem but my weather won't update on the 11/5 build. it did jus fine on the 11/4 build tho
Did it stop updating or it wont update post flash?
First scenario could be network related.
If it has never updated post flash go to Start/Settings/System/Location Settings and make sure that is turned ON. If you do that and it still wont update, try a soft reset.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache Mogul Vogue TP TP2 EVO4G
Carrier: Cricket $30 unlimited with Data 80KB down 120K up

morbidj is keeping up the good workmorbidj is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Im having a issue unable to update my location. I am on the cricket network which has their data behind a proxy but we have found a work around the proxy with a proxy app on the Tpro..

All other programs GPS related seem to work fine I just wish I could use the my location feature especially now that 2.5 is in the wild, that home screen weather shot looks sweet.

Could you guys think of any tips, tricks, or areas to start troubleshooting?

I forgot to mention I have tried what was posted to do above and no go, also I have never been able to use the "my location" feature, even the weather tab version that appeared quite some ROM releases ago.

Last edited by morbidj; 11-06-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jorpe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Not a fix, but you can turn off word suggestion. Go to the Settings Tab and look in "Locale and Text". There should be settings there that effect the input...like symbol lock, typing sounds, spell correction, and T9.

Rock.
Thanks Rock, I did that initially and the xt9 was still stuck on when I used the SIP, now it's rockin just fine though. This rom is ridiculously impressive.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

saf100792 is becoming a great contributor

yea my gps and internet work just fine and it just won't update. It never did after i flashed either. not even adding a city and trying to update that doesn't work either.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Bell

drvon is just getting started

Tried searching around... Anyone know where we can get the other HTC Animated wallpapers from? Do they still need to be ported?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Carrier: Verizon

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hey guys...on the last couple of 2.5 roms I've installed, my ringtones says they are corrupted and the phone wont ring. I looked back several pages and couldn't find an answer so I apologize if I missed it. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 11-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by _sandman View Post
LET ME KNOW IF YOUR TEXTING STOPS GOING THROUGH .. mine worked great for about 12 hours then they wouldnt send ... .. hard reset and it fixes the problem!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
Will do, but I don't want to keep hard resetting after 12 hours.
I might have had this issue. I flashed last night, texting fine then and this AM. This PM sent out about 6 or 7 SMS that didnt come through. Did a soft reset and every message went through and 4 more SMS went right through after the SR.
Only thing I did notice is that when they werent going through there was no conversion from Ev to 1x. After SR the switch happened right away. As a matter of fact, after the SR I was sending and recieving simultaneuosly. Something to watch. If you have this issue a SR may take care of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saf100792 View Post
yea my gps and internet work just fine and it just won't update. It never did after i flashed either. not even adding a city and trying to update that doesn't work either.
I cant tell from your response if you followed my suggestion? Did you check Location Services? My Location has always worked Out Da Box since it was cooked in. 11-04 was the first one where it didnt. I went to Location Services, soft reset and it worked without fail. 11-05 was back to the old way of working without any intervention on my part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelas View Post
Hey guys...on the last couple of 2.5 roms I've installed, my ringtones says they are corrupted and the phone wont ring. I looked back several pages and couldn't find an answer so I apologize if I missed it. Is anyone else having this issue?
It has been reported by some. It happened to me two versions ago. A hard reset took care of it. You could try this though-erase all your files from the folder, go to the threads attached files (linked in my sig) and install the Rhodium Sounds cab I uploaded. See if that does it. If it works it's better than a hard reset IMO. My ringtones are fine so I'd like to test it in a situation like yours, if I do it it may not be an accurate test. Just a thought.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

yerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyerp is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Hmmm I can't get it to work. It has worked on other 6.5 ROMs but maybe HTC Sense is gumming up the works. I have a different version that's not working either.

Perhaps NRG can cook it in the next ROM and get Tell Me to work.
TellMe needs MSVC to work...without it cooked into the ROM we are SOL...
Old 11-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 - CM11
Carrier: Verizon

arelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on reparelas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'll give that a shot.

Quote:
It has been reported by some. It happened to me two versions ago. A hard reset took care of it. You could try this though-erase all your files from the folder, go to the threads attached files (linked in my sig) and install the Rhodium Sounds cab I uploaded. See if that does it. If it works it's better than a hard reset IMO. My ringtones are fine so I'd like to test it in a situation like yours, if I do it it may not be an accurate test. Just a thought.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:00 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ringtone doesn't work again. =\

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro