PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mobileforensics is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Hey dudes, I've run into that before...flash to a stock rom, hard reset, flash back to NRG, then hard reset again...it should clear up the problem. When it happpened to me, it followed me from ROM to ROM [several times a day in some cases] until I ran the "flash dance". Let me know if that doesnt work.
Thanks for the info! So far I haven't had it happen to me again since flashing to this new ROM. Do you think it is really necessary to flash to the original ROM again? Or just do a hard reset and re-flash the NRG ROM?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

st10524 is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23016) ** | Built Oct 13th | Manila 2.

NRG, Thanks again for another fantastic rom. I installed this on both of my touch pro's and this is by far the best rom you have produced. I am getting fantastic battery life and the device speed is awesome.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:47 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileforensics View Post
Thanks for the info! So far I haven't had it happen to me again since flashing to this new ROM. Do you think it is really necessary to flash to the original ROM again? Or just do a hard reset and re-flash the NRG ROM?
I mean, you COULD just keep an eye for it. If you're at a point where a hard reset isn't going to rock your world, I'd do it for good measure. Otherwise, hold out until it does it again. I'm pretty sure it will happen again until you run the procedure.

...and this is specifically for freeze ups/soft resets that hard reset the phone. If you wake up and your phone is frozen and you soft reset and it boots up normal...that's just HTC, and there's no need to do the flash dance to fix it. I'm pretty sure that happened ot me on the Stock ROM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:24 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
Well I have discovered the hard way that DCD's Alltel carrier cabs kill the battery icon in the newest version. I tried two different versions of it with the same result... locks up the icon at either charging or 100%. Soft resets to not fix... have to hard-reset.
Weird, cause I ran the Alltel carrier cab with no problems resulting. Battery is still counting the way it should......

However I can't receive MMS yet. Tried just installing Arcsoft, no go, I can send but not receive. Tried DCD Carrier cab then arcsoft, no go, again I can send and not receive. When I get a chance after lunch I am going to run the removal cab, SR, DCD, SR, and then Arcsoft & SR, just like with the previous builds. This was the only jig I could do to receive Alltel MMS correctly before and it appears it may be the same case for me with the new update. Post later.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

FWIW-looks like nrgz turned down the backlight by default, no more 'full blast' on battery power (at least for me),and it's set fairly low so battery life on this build could seem better. I imagine those who ran Lumos post flash may not have noticed and it probably wont make a difference. Found it interesting.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-14-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: weird- double post
Old 10-14-2009, 01:45 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Argh - I just wrote a LONG post on a Picture Mail fix. Here's the short-short version.

Picture Mail will work perfectly...once properly installed.

Two methods - one works...one is in need of testing.

Method One [works]: I installed Arcsoft off the flash and my messages weren't displaying properly in both Manila and Winmo views. So, I tried running the removal cab and got the error "cannot be installed, pick a new install location". I went into the task manager, killed the picture mail task, ran the removal cab again, soft reset, installed Arcsoft again, soft reset.

I'm in perfection city.

Method TWO [needs a test]: Could someone, off a fresh flash, try going into the task manager to see if a picture mail task is running. If so, kill it, then simply install Arcsoft with a soft reset to see if it will go without the removal cab.

Let me know how it goes.

...also tested that Keyboard Button Remap Program blockhead posted - GREAT SUCCESS!

I'll add both to the Guide later. I'm slammed and PPCGEEKs isn't playing nice.

Last edited by ThreeFaces; 10-14-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cjennin2 is a n00b

From NRG Twitter: "Posting new, revised VGA ROMs in the next couple of hours. New Tachi packages will be included "

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: USSC

allamerican2302 is becoming a great contributor

NRG viva twitter

Quote:
NRGZ28 Posting new, revised VGA ROMs in the next couple of hours. New Tachi packages will be included 12 minutes ago from Digsby
Ummm i wonder what the difference is gonna be....

2.5!!!!!!

LOL J/k idk that would be cool tho

Old 10-14-2009, 03:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Bell

macaroo is a n00b

Question for the more enlightened ones out there. 'Cuz I am super tired of resetting my device mail and contact settings'... I see this thing called launching UC setup when I reset my device..My understanding from other posts is that UC is some sort of settings saver? But how do i get UC to save my phone setup prior to doing a reset of the rom? I am using Sept 20 release. I tried sashimi on my stock rom and it did really weird things so I am not really looking at reinstalling that. BTW the NRG rom is really nice.. wish I could understand the plethora of tweaks.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Jeez...guys 2.5 isn't ready for VGA yet. I don't want it unless it is pretty much bug free.

I love NRG's ROMs... beautiful and work well. Alarms work, ICS has the drop down to take it off of Phone as Modem, ## codes work, ##PRL works and finishes writing the PRL, ##DEBUG doesn't require a stupid password, roaming only works, etc. You'd be surprised how many ROMs can't do what I listed above.

Only thing I can't seem to get to work is the vibrate on connect that I was used to on other ROMs.

Only thing else I would ask for is the updated 6.5 NK build...and no, not the one with the taskbar at the bottom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro