PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 04:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Casiopeia E100,Sprint Apache,Sprint TP,TP2,EVO
Carrier: Sprint

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Beta3 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwc realtor View Post
What version of the Camera software is KK using? I just installed JMZ 2.0 and the camera does not have the orietation issues that are in KK's ROM (i.e. pictures come out the same way they are taken no sideways pictures). JMZ ROM is using hTC camera 6.4 build 32007.

I don't seem to be having this issue with Beta 3, but did notice it in Beta 2. So maybe its been fixed. All pictures I take are in the correct orientation, and rotate to the correct orientation when I rotate the phone. I already said this in the previous post, but just wanted to reiterate it.

--housinit
Old 04-11-2009, 01:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pwc realtor is a n00b
Re: [4-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Beta3 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [

Quote:
Originally Posted by housinit View Post
I don't seem to be having this issue with Beta 3, but did notice it in Beta 2. So maybe its been fixed. All pictures I take are in the correct orientation, and rotate to the correct orientation when I rotate the phone. I already said this in the previous post, but just wanted to reiterate it.

--housinit
I reloaded KK BETA 3 and yes I do see that pictures now rotate correctly in the HTC album viewer.

The issue still is how the camera saves the source file (VERY important when sending pics from the phone to other sources. Just now I took two test shots of the same item one in portrait and on in landscape (how the camera onscreen controls layout). I viewed the pictures both through HT labum and by connecting my phone to my lapotp and viewing the files directly.

The one taken in landscape mode still comes out rotated 90 degrees. This photo was taken hodling the phone landscape and clearly demonstrates what is happening.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (XV6875)
Carrier: Verizon

llea1 is just getting started

My Slide to answer has not work since upgrading to Beta 3 is there a registry fix or a cab fix for this problem?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I reloaded KK BETA 3 and yes I do see that pictures now rotate correctly in the HTC album viewer.

The issue still is how the camera saves the source file (VERY important when sending pics from the phone to other sources. Just now I took two test shots of the same item one in portrait and on in landscape (how the camera onscreen controls layout). I viewed the pictures both through HT labum and by connecting my phone to my lapotp and viewing the files directly.

The one taken in landscape mode still comes out rotated 90 degrees. This photo was taken hodling the phone landscape and clearly demonstrates what is happening.

Thats really strange man. Last night I spent about 30 minutes taking random pictures in portrait and landscape view. I viewed them in all kinds of different ways. On the phone, on my desktop, sms'd to my email and all displayed correctly, no matter what orientation I took the photo.

WOAH. OK. Just spent some more time on it and was able to recreate your problem. Go to the settings tab in TF3D. Go to G-Sensor, turn OFF Auto Screen Rotation. Now, go take a picture and see if you have the same problem.

With Auto-Rotation on, my picture taken in Landscape did not display correctly. Displayed like your example. And when I turn the phone to view in landscape, it would turn the photo upside down. With the G-Sensor turned OFF, the pictures displayed fine (given that I took the picture with the g-sensor setting in OFF position.) This only applies to new pictures taken, if you took a picture with the G-Sensor turned on, then it will still display incorrectly even with the sensor turned off.

Give that a try.

--housinit

Remember to hit the THANKS button if this helped you out.

Last edited by housinit; 04-11-2009 at 02:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by llea1 View Post
My Slide to answer has not work since upgrading to Beta 3 is there a registry fix or a cab fix for this problem?

You might just need to reflash again. Do a search for S2A on here, you should find some CABs to install it if you want to try that route.

--housinit
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

For S2A, you can try checking out this post.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=S2A

housinit
Old 04-11-2009, 03:02 PM
N00b

pwc realtor is a n00b

Quote:
Thats really strange man. Last night I spent about 30 minutes taking random pictures in portrait and landscape view. I viewed them in all kinds of different ways. On the phone, on my desktop, sms'd to my email and all displayed correctly, no matter what orientation I took the photo.

WOAH. OK. Just spent some more time on it and was able to recreate your problem. Go to the settings tab in TF3D. Go to G-Sensor, turn OFF Auto Screen Rotation. Now, go take a picture and see if you have the same problem.

With Auto-Rotation on, my picture taken in Landscape did not display correctly. Displayed like your example. And when I turn the phone to view in landscape, it would turn the photo upside down. With the G-Sensor turned OFF, the pictures displayed fine (given that I took the picture with the g-sensor setting in OFF position.) This only applies to new pictures taken, if you took a picture with the G-Sensor turned on, then it will still display incorrectly even with the sensor turned off.

Give that a try.

--housinit

Remember to hit the THANKS button if this helped you out.
That should do it. I also tried it on the JMZ ROM and emabling auto rotation produced the same issue. THe really weird thing is is that the picture I posted was taken with KK 1.8. and from I remembe there's isn't an auto rotation setting in that verison of TF3D unless I just overlooked it.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
That should do it. I also tried it on the JMZ ROM and emabling auto rotation produced the same issue. THe really weird thing is is that the picture I posted was taken with KK 1.8. and from I remembe there's isn't an auto rotation setting in that verison of TF3D unless I just overlooked it.

Definitely no setting in 1.8 for that. Perhaps the new auto-rotate is picking up orientation info from the 1.8 pic you took and is flipping them incorrectly. I don't know, it is another thing to add to the confusion of what this issue is.

--housinit
Old 04-11-2009, 06:19 PM
N00b

pwc realtor is a n00b

Quote:
Definitely no setting in 1.8 for that. Perhaps the new auto-rotate is picking up orientation info from the 1.8 pic you took and is flipping them incorrectly. I don't know, it is another thing to add to the confusion of what this issue is.

--housinit
No I don't htink that's it. THat picture was take nadn sent using 1.8 so it has nothing to od with the rotation setting in the Rhodium Manilla.

I'm probalby going to reflash KK BETA later today and try your fix but need to get my battery charged to do it.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

cmgj is keeping up the good workcmgj is keeping up the good work

Quote:
What problem are you having?
I click on a contact and then click on edit contact, and it doesn't work....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development