View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 02:17 PM
housinit
PPCGeeks Regular

housinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good workhousinit is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [4-8-09] KK's Loaded ROM v2.0Beta3 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwc realtor View Post
I reloaded KK BETA 3 and yes I do see that pictures now rotate correctly in the HTC album viewer.

The issue still is how the camera saves the source file (VERY important when sending pics from the phone to other sources. Just now I took two test shots of the same item one in portrait and on in landscape (how the camera onscreen controls layout). I viewed the pictures both through HT labum and by connecting my phone to my lapotp and viewing the files directly.

The one taken in landscape mode still comes out rotated 90 degrees. This photo was taken hodling the phone landscape and clearly demonstrates what is happening.

Thats really strange man. Last night I spent about 30 minutes taking random pictures in portrait and landscape view. I viewed them in all kinds of different ways. On the phone, on my desktop, sms'd to my email and all displayed correctly, no matter what orientation I took the photo.

WOAH. OK. Just spent some more time on it and was able to recreate your problem. Go to the settings tab in TF3D. Go to G-Sensor, turn OFF Auto Screen Rotation. Now, go take a picture and see if you have the same problem.

With Auto-Rotation on, my picture taken in Landscape did not display correctly. Displayed like your example. And when I turn the phone to view in landscape, it would turn the photo upside down. With the G-Sensor turned OFF, the pictures displayed fine (given that I took the picture with the g-sensor setting in OFF position.) This only applies to new pictures taken, if you took a picture with the G-Sensor turned on, then it will still display incorrectly even with the sensor turned off.

Give that a try.

--housinit

Remember to hit the THANKS button if this helped you out.

Last edited by housinit; 04-11-2009 at 02:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.