PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

cjmedina is keeping up the good workcjmedina is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3-24-09] Jmz Rom 1.7 [CE OS 21038] [UC] Manila-Free/Standard Manila/TP2 Manila

just to let you know the non manilla one has no comm skin either

[/U]
Old 03-27-2009, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work
Re: [3-24-09] Jmz Rom 1.7 [CE OS 21038] [UC] Manila-Free/Standard Manila/TP2 Manila

I LOVE this Rom.......
Very Stable, Very fast, and I love the look of the icons.
The Animated Boot screen is classic.
just some minor issues.....

I hadn't even noticed the Comm Manager didn't work until after two days of use when I read the later posts about this issue then tested it......

Is there a way to remove the "Start" program from the home screen task manager?
I have accidently closed the "START" program which kills touchflo and then it will not load touchflo again causing me to have to reboot the device.

In Call Recorder is one of your included programs, but the "Start recording" option is not available in the dialer making this program unusable.

Under Settings--> System --> TouchFlo --> "Enable Large Start menu" Does not enlarge the start menu.

Before I could finish this post I Noticed that the Comm Manager DOES WORK, but everything is Black on Black. If you touch the appropriate area you will activate the appropriate device (phone, airplane mode, etc).

Thank you for your work on this great ROM...
Old 03-27-2009, 02:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

Oddly enough I just tried In Call recording again and it did work, and it worked PERFECTLY...

I just tried it calling out to my own voicemail, and since it is so late at night I do not expect to be able to test it with an incoming call, but hopefully that also works.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
Is there a way to remove the "Start" program from the home screen task manager?
I have accidently closed the "START" program which kills touchflo and then it will not load touchflo again causing me to have to reboot the device.
HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager\ExclusiveList\System

Add a DWORD value called manila.exe or manil2.exe if you are running TF3D2 and set it to 0.

That has done it for me, in the past.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

scaph01 is a n00b
Re: [3-24-09] Jmz Rom 1.7 [CE OS 21038] [UC] Manila-Free/Standard Manila/Rhodium Mani

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaph01 View Post
Love the Rom, sticking with this one! but as a noob I cannot seem to get the program tab's back. The above registry path is not working out for me.

I tried explicitly creating a DWORD "hidden: programs tab" with a value of 0 in
HKLM/Software/htc/manila

I checked HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\Configuration\11 - which has pageName = Manila://programs.page has an Enable value of 1

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
Phil

I came accross a cab within the xbmod install: here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493531

show._program_tab[1].cab

Credit goes to them, but now I have a programs tab

Oddly when I lauch a program from within the programs list, the start menu opens and if I hit all programs I can never get the home screen without killing the manil2.exe process...wierd but working somewhat

Thanks
Phil
Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC EVO

amelcher is becoming a great contributor

JMZ,
I've been on these posts for the past few months (since I got my TPro) and I've tried EVERY ROM out there. There's always been one thing or other that always turned me off whether it was an older sys, slower sys, too many customizations, not enough customizations, and so on. You almost had it with 1.6, but your new 1.7 was the PERFECT combination of speed, new sys, not too many unneeded programs, and of course, a smooth TP2 that you built into the kitchen. THANK YOU for allowing me to stop reflashing every morning trying to find the right combo...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor

amelcher - your comments are spot on with my thoughts. I'm gonna give this rom a try. I strongly lean towards speed and functionality over all else.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaph01 View Post
I came accross a cab within the xbmod install: here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=493531

Attachment 27529

Credit goes to them, but now I have a programs tab

Oddly when I lauch a program from within the programs list, the start menu opens and if I hit all programs I can never get the home screen without killing the manil2.exe process...wierd but working somewhat

Thanks
Phil
Yeah I don't know what happened to my TP2 rom. I lost the new start menu and no programs tab. Well through some testing I found out that the new start menu is just more of a problem than anything else. So I am removing that completely and adding the programs tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelcher View Post
JMZ,
I've been on these posts for the past few months (since I got my TPro) and I've tried EVERY ROM out there. There's always been one thing or other that always turned me off whether it was an older sys, slower sys, too many customizations, not enough customizations, and so on. You almost had it with 1.6, but your new 1.7 was the PERFECT combination of speed, new sys, not too many unneeded programs, and of course, a smooth TP2 that you built into the kitchen. THANK YOU for allowing me to stop reflashing every morning trying to find the right combo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahlsr View Post
amelcher - your comments are spot on with my thoughts. I'm gonna give this rom a try. I strongly lean towards speed and functionality over all else.
Thanks. I try to keep it simple but with updates and only programs I will use all the time. I am testing out the new sys/xip of the stock rhodium rom right now, and I am loving it. It is quite fast and smooth. I am having 1 main issue with it but working on getting it smoothed out. Hoping to release update by the end of the weekend
Old 03-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G LTE

Pacemaker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelcher View Post
JMZ,
Agree!!!

my comment is (standar-manila-ROM) + (xmod-TP2cab) run better than TP2-Manila ROM, No crash in comunication tab, the only issue is weather tab when i try to add city. Also better than ALL other rom with TP2.

Last edited by Pacemaker; 03-27-2009 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker

tahlsr is becoming a great contributor

JMZ,
I wanted to chime back in and say that after a full day of use I do love your ROM. I'm going to convert my brother and friend soon enough. We really appreciate it. I love some of the details too that I have no clue how you do... it's awesome.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development