PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 05:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

pechroc1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

can i tell if my phone is locked from within wm6? my screen crapped out and i can only see it via my pc when in wm6 not bootloader mode.
thanks for your help
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by pechroc1 View Post
can i tell if my phone is locked from within wm6? my screen crapped out and i can only see it via my pc when in wm6 not bootloader mode.
thanks for your help
i think the only way that you can tell is if you attempt to flash a custom rom and it fails. But then you attempt to flash the shipped rom and it works. That would be a good indicator
Old 09-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

thats the only way I can think would work as well. but honestly if you tried to unlock, it boots, and its in sprint stock form youll most likely be safe.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Lurker

wilder8677 is a n00b

I followed your directions very closely and when i ran the SSPL it went to the tri color screen then flashed very quickly, no files found. What am i not doing correctly. I am using a sprint touch pro.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilder8677 View Post
I followed your directions very closely and when i ran the SSPL it went to the tri color screen then flashed very quickly, no files found. What am i not doing correctly. I am using a sprint touch pro.
is the RAPHIMG.nbh file on the root of your mem card? is memcard formated to FAT32? Try reformatting it even if it is fat32, then try again.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Lurker

wilder8677 is a n00b

im still learning lot here, how do i reformat to fat 32. i thought the card formatted itself once you put it on your phone?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:25 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilder8677 View Post
im still learning lot here, how do i reformat to fat 32. i thought the card formatted itself once you put it on your phone?
it doesn't format itself. you just plug the phone into the computer and choose "Disk Drive" on the menu that pops up on your phone, then, on your computer, you go to My Computer and you will see a new drive letter that represents the storage card. Just right click on it and you'll see the option to format.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Lurker

wilder8677 is a n00b

thank you
Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Lurker

wilder8677 is a n00b

i appreciate all your help, i got it to work now, again thanks
Old 09-17-2009, 01:45 AM
Lurker

wilder8677 is a n00b

i lied, i put an nbh file on the sd card to put a different rom on there. it went to tri screen and now has been loading... ( thats all it says, not loader bar nothing) for about 5 mins now. it never prompted to hit the power button, did i screw something else up?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd