PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you hit the unbootable cycle?
No, It all unlocked fine. 257 58.94%
Yes, but flashing a rom over it fixed it. 72 16.51%
Didn't work at all. 107 24.54%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 05:00 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

lol, my rom has no im on it and the ruu file is what i wanted, i just un rar it and the nbh file was in there. im a flashing fool now. lol
Old 08-25-2009, 03:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jmaxman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey Guys I been flashing since the mogul days... I been flashing my tp since February with my 2gig sd card. I sinced purchased a 8gig sd card some three ago. The 2gig is getting full and I need to move over to 8gig soon. I do all of my flashing from the sd card, Is it not safe to flash from a 8gig sd card? What do I need to do to flash from 8gig card ? Thank You
Old 08-25-2009, 03:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxman View Post
Hey Guys I been flashing since the mogul days... I been flashing my tp since February with my 2gig sd card. I sinced purchased a 8gig sd card some three ago. The 2gig is getting full and I need to move over to 8gig soon. I do all of my flashing from the sd card, Is it not safe to flash from a 8gig sd card? What do I need to do to flash from 8gig card ? Thank You
there's nothing wrong with flashing from an 8gb card or any size card. just make sure it's formated to FAT32 and it should work fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea I only flash from an 8 gig and even 16 gig would be no problem as long as its formatted fat32 properly
Old 08-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

chaten is a n00b

mine keeps coming back to the press power button to start update. any suggestions?? i have already done it and every time my phone restarts it goes to this menu
Old 08-28-2009, 06:49 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaten View Post
mine keeps coming back to the press power button to start update. any suggestions?? i have already done it and every time my phone restarts it goes to this menu
Hey there and welcome to ppcgeeks. unfortunately, it sounds like you got the rare "unbootable cycle". It is explained in the first post of this thread. All you have to do is flash a rom to get out of the unbootable cycle. You can flash a rom from the sd card following the instructions in the first post of this thread, or you can flash a rom from bootloader mode following the first set of instructions here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266. Every time your phone goes into bootloader mode, it checks the sd card for an nbh file and tries to load it. That's what your phone is doing now.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-28-2009 at 07:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Lurker

chaten is a n00b
Talking Re: unlock, flash and even relock your TP via the SD card!

thnk you very much.. it works now !
Old 08-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Lurker

chaten is a n00b

ok now i have another problem.. i am trying to flash it over to metro and they said that houdini cant read my phone.. any advice?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok,my keyboard went out.i successfully unlocked my tp using these steps.im taking it back so i relocked but instead of 00.370000 it says 00.350000 just wanna make sure i relocked correctly
Old 08-28-2009, 10:50 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
ok,my keyboard went out.i successfully unlocked my tp using these steps.im taking it back so i relocked but instead of 00.370000 it says 00.350000 just wanna make sure i relocked correctly
.35 is the verizon spl.
if you're sprint, like your profile says, then you need the sprintrelocker (.37) in the first post.

Last edited by razorloves; 08-28-2009 at 10:52 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
unlock flash relock sd