PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 AM
.:DoWorkSon:.
Pocket PC: .:OD:.Incredible:.DroidX:.iPhone4:.ThunderBolt:.
Carrier: Verizon

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB
Re: Best Radio for Sprint

So if I flash the Sprint or Telus radio on my Verizon Touch Pro with Verizon service its noit gonna force roaming or anything like that and give me an insane bill? Thats the only thing I am worried about.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

you have to be very careful because apple might send you a bill as big as a phonebook for using their 3g data

Old 03-20-2009, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post
So if I flash the Sprint or Telus radio on my Verizon Touch Pro with Verizon service its noit gonna force roaming or anything like that and give me an insane bill? Thats the only thing I am worried about.
LOL, you don't have to worry -your roaming won't change (& if you're on a nationwide plan VZ doesn't charge for roaming anyway)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So far, the Telus radio seems to get more bars for me- I live in an area that would give me 1-2 bars inside the houseon the stock radio- now at least 3 bars.

I've got the Mugen 3000 battery so I'll report back on how long it'll take to drain that monster.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:19 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i'm more interested in telus radio if it can bring me better internet speeds.

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 03-20-2009, 12:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

This is the radio I use the 1.1100F. You can find it here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=themes
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 PM

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
you have to be very careful because apple might send you a bill as big as a phonebook for using their 3g data
Hmmm , I wondered who kept stuffing Apples in my mailbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, you don't have to worry -your roaming won't change (& if you're on a nationwide plan VZ doesn't charge for roaming anyway)

~John

Stuff like that makes me a little nervous , I havent flashed my radio yet but I'll bet you I have flashed my ROM close to 50 times now and I've only had my Verizon TP for a bout a month now

Anyways I got an automated call from Verizon the other day saying my account had been flagged for excessive usage that would result in increased fees and panalties on my account???? So of course I was freaked out ( especially after all this flashing) and called them back to try to see what that was about and she said she couldnt see anything out of the ordinary on my account and there shouldnt be ANY additional charges or fees............. looked like just a glitch in the automated system.

Ever got a cell bill 3x or more the normal amount, I have and its not a good feeling , lol.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMasterB View Post

Anyways I got an automated call from Verizon the other day saying my account had been flagged for excessive usage
VZ makes a lot of mistakes.

My Wife would NEVER send a text message because she had to pay for each one. I changed our account recently so all 4 phones had unlimited text/MMS etc & FINALLY got her to use texting.

At that point, she had probably sent 6 texts total & doesn't she get a canned text from VZ telling her she was "over her limit" & looking at drastic overcharges..........

I called VZ & it was a "computer error"

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
VZ makes a lot of mistakes.

My Wife would NEVER send a text message because she had to pay for each one. I changed our account recently so all 4 phones had unlimited text/MMS etc & FINALLY got her to use texting.

At that point, she had probably sent 6 texts total & doesn't she get a canned text from VZ telling her she was "over her limit" & looking at drastic overcharges..........

I called VZ & it was a "computer error"

~John
Thanks , glad i'm not the only one , lol.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

maxer is a n00b

why i can't access to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616
?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development