PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Radio for Sprint

I'm currently using the Sprint stock rom and radio. What is the best radio for Sprint and why?
Old 03-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Re: Best Radio for Sprint

I'm using the most current Sprint Raphael radio and find it gets rid of the heat issue and brings better overall stability. Version is 1.11.00F You can find it here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616

Those downloads shouldn't perform a hard-reset either, so you're good to try them out; just be careful.

Someone did an actual scientific test to see which radio was the best overall and I think they found a split between one of the Telus ones and the Sprint 1.11.00F radio.

Last edited by Mutiny32; 03-12-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
I'm using the most current Sprint Raphael radio and find it gets rid of the heat issue and brings better overall stability. Version is 1.11.00F .
I am running that radio also in my Sprint TP that is ported to Verizon service.

~John
Old 03-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I also use the latest Sprint radio (1.11.00F) and it is much better for me. Truly, it is going to depend on your geographic location and what kind of coverage that you get as to which radio is best for you. There are plenty of Sprint users here that are using the Telus and other radios just fine.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

1.11.00F is the one I'm currently using..
Old 03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

I am gonna have to see which radio in on mine, and upgrade if needed.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I am running that radio also in my Sprint TP that is ported to Verizon service.

~John
your on sprintpcs service and picking up verizon towers and service?
Old 03-12-2009, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

xdanimalx is just getting started

I'm running the Telus Radio V1.04.05V

Click the link to download.
Thanks to Juggalo_X for the link.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by purian23 View Post
your on sprintpcs service and picking up verizon towers and service?
I think he is saying that he has a Sprint TP ported over to work on Verizon's service.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

I cant seem to install that 1.10 version of the Rom using active sync. The status bar just shows 0% for a while and then the program stops and says Update error and asks me to remove the batter from the back...Is there something I'm doing wrong here?
Do I need to follow any steps before I do the ROM update? I'm running a stock sprint ROM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development