PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090723 (21828.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayandaman View Post
Yea I saw that. I just thought that youtube was confirmed to be fixed in his newest release.
Seems to be a hit and miss issue. I would like to say that I can confirm one way or the other but I'm still running Juicy's next to the last ROM since it works fine for me, I have it all set up and customized and the latest does not offer enough for me to want to start over again on this. Note: I do not backup the loaded apps then then restore them when I reflash as I have not had much luck it having a stable phone after doing this. I re-install and clear text and Emails before using PIM Backup to restore contects, and I keep all my notes and contact pics on the flash card. Doing this, I never seem to have any of the stability problems others report here.

From reading, it seems the people that have the best luck in getting it to run is to make sure the YouTube directory on the flash card is removed BEFORE you attempt to run it for the first time. Seems once you run it without removing the directory, it's seems rather difficult to get it working. As I recall, some have reported success, but that's after performing several reloads, possibly back to stock and back, performing several hard resets and making sure the directory is removed before running the youtube app.

For me, the downloaded youtube app is good enough.

Last edited by pmoreau; 08-03-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

woody88 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Settings | Connections | USB to PC
I hit thanks anyway covkid. but it did not work. I am on juicy 8 maybe 2 builds before 07/23. hmmm, when I went into that setting, it showed 2 options. but typically when you connect the cable, it would give you 3 choices. 1. active sync 2. disc drive, and 3. internet sharing. maybe the OS is not recognizing the change anymore? sounds like possibly an excuse for me to flash to 0723 though....lol

if there are other ways to fix this, please let me know still. thanks!
Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
I hit thanks anyway covkid. but it did not work. I am on juicy 8 maybe 2 builds before 07/23. hmmm, when I went into that setting, it showed 2 options. but typically when you connect the cable, it would give you 3 choices. 1. active sync 2. disc drive, and 3. internet sharing. maybe the OS is not recognizing the change anymore? sounds like possibly an excuse for me to flash to 0723 though....lol

if there are other ways to fix this, please let me know still. thanks!
I was actually going to mention that on my version I did not see "Internet Sharing" as a choice. I only see ActiveSync or Disk Drive...and I am on the latest build. Let me connect via AS and see if that changes. Back shortly.

EDIT: Yep, you're correct. Access the USB-to-PC setting whilst disconnected and you only see the two choices -AS or Disk Drive. I unchecked the option "Ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to the PC", then connected to my PC. I then saw the third option, Internet Sharing (Use phone as modem)". Hope this helps.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-03-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I was actually going to mention that on my version I did not see "connect to internet" as a choice. I only see ActiveSync or Disk Drive...and I am on the latest build.
are you referring to what you see in the settings, or the initial time when you plug in the USB cable?
Old 08-03-2009, 02:57 PM

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
are you referring to what you see in the settings, or the initial time when you plug in the USB cable?
Sorry, should have been more specific....you only see the "Internet Sharing" choice when first connecting to the PC. If you go into the USB-to-PC settings manually it only ever shows you the two other choices. Therefore disconnect from your PC, go to the USB-to-PC setting, and uncheck the "remember me" choice. Then connect to your PC and hopefully you'll see the three choices.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor

I'm sorry if this is out there in Google but I searched and cannot find it. My task bar in the latest build does not tell me if wifi is on or what my battery life is. I read many of the posts since the last build but cannot find anything similar. Is a missing wifi icon and battery level icon normal for this build or is it just my phone? Thanks for the help.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff

ok im getting mad now it is impossable to use the phone while on a phone call idk if others are having this issuse but whenever im in a phone call and i got to reply a text or change a setting my screen goes to sleep and when i hit the power button it goes on and goes back to sleep mode is there any fix 4 this

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Sorry, should have been more specific....you only see the "Internet Sharing" choice when first connecting to the PC. If you go into the USB-to-PC settings manually it only ever shows you the two other choices. Therefore disconnect from your PC, go to the USB-to-PC setting, and uncheck the "remember me" choice. Then connect to your PC and hopefully you'll see the three choices.
still didn't work unfortunately, I think somewhere my settings deep inside somewhere must gotten messed up. anyhow, how are you liking the 0723 build?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

I've come across a strange issue, on both my Diamond and Touch Pro, both running Juicy 8.

Somehow I have both phones SIP stuck into the Phone Numeric Keypad mode. I have no way of switching modes either. This morning I gave up with the Diamond and just reflashed.

Not really that interested in doing that with my Touch pro. Help please.

Edit: Like others before, I have the annoying issue of not being able to clear the Bluetooth On/Connect bubble that seems to sit in the background for perpetuity. It's not a headphones issue, it popped up after I paired the phone with my hands free system in my car.

Ninja Edit #2: Some Screen shots of my errors......

Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G

Last edited by SporkLover; 08-03-2009 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
still didn't work unfortunately, I think somewhere my settings deep inside somewhere must gotten messed up. anyhow, how are you liking the 0723 build?
Okay, so I changed my default to Internet Sharing. I then switched it back to ActiveSync and then compared the registry for changes....

HKLM\Software\HTC\USBToPCPopUp\Option
DWORD: Value 2 changed to 0

Then there were a bunch of items in both HKLM\Drivers\Active\94 and \95 that changed, but I'm not sure if they changed because I initiated a connection to the PC / ActiveSync or not.

What does your registry show for the one setting I outlined above?

Also, when I first switched to Internet Sharing (from my original default of AS), the change was obviously the reverse of the one key shown above (0 --> 2) but also saw this change:

HKLM\System\State\Connectivity\InternetSharing
DWORD: Value 0 changed to 1

But this was not changed back when I went from Internet Sharing back to AS.

Hope this helps.

PS. Sorry, no issues with 090723. However, I'm not a TF3D nor a YouTube user, and those two things seem to get a lot of users posting for info, help, issues. Also, in all fairness, I recently switched back to my Treo Pro for every day business use, and am actually getting a TP2 tomorrow morning

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development