PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

calny is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Is anyone able to post the Ring-Standard1 ringer; for some reason it wasnt there when I flashed.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP

cmantis is a n00b

I have been having terrible problems with text messaging since the last build and now with this new one. I was hoping the new build would fix it. I have done multiple hard resets, reflashes, backups/no-backups etc and still same problems. Some people I can barely text without getting an error message and for the rest my texts are often delayed by 30min to an hour. Same thing with incoming texts sometimes they all come in at once much later than delivered. The rom also seems to lag quite a bit when going back to the home screen. Is there anything I can do? I don't know what to think I have tried all I can but hope there is a solution, any advice is much appreciated! Thanks.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmantis View Post
I have been having terrible problems with text messaging since the last build and now with this new one. I was hoping the new build would fix it. I have done multiple hard resets, reflashes, backups/no-backups etc and still same problems. Some people I can barely text without getting an error message and for the rest my texts are often delayed by 30min to an hour. Same thing with incoming texts sometimes they all come in at once much later than delivered. The rom also seems to lag quite a bit when going back to the home screen. Is there anything I can do? I don't know what to think I have tried all I can but hope there is a solution, any advice is much appreciated! Thanks.
Questions to help everyone.
1. What Carrier are you on?
2. What radio are you running?
3. Have you run, without adding ANY other programs, after a flash for any length of time? If so, is the issue still present?
4. Have you flashed back to stock?
5. Which messaging interface are you using, WM default or TF3d?
That should get us started...
Old 07-21-2009, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jesse Buck is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE View Post
LOL, this is probably why we don't get change logs from M$ they don't want us to see:

Build 21XXXX

Fixed issue with clock display being 5 seconds off
Added completely RANDOM, and totally untraceable, incredibly annoying bug to give us something to 'fix' in a future version to give the impression there is actually a reason to upgrade.
Added slightly different version of an iPhone feature to placate the masses.
Improved slow scrolling speed in horizontal menus
LOL, that crazy M$ is at it again.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pmoreau is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmantis View Post
Sprint can be pretty bad with the lag in send/receiving messages. Also, I've noticed that sometimes I will set my phone down into a signal black-hole and later when I pick it up and it get's signal again, I will get a mini-flood of messages and missed calls
Old 07-21-2009, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTCTP

MACE is keeping up the good workMACE is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Buck View Post
LOL, that crazy M$ is at it again.
Hehe, Oh... don't you know it!
Old 07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Does anyone by any chance know of a partition cloning program that can make copies of your internal storage partitions? (not the removable SD, I can do that already) The *entire* partition as an image file, similar to the way that Norton Ghost works, not just a file copy, or a backup.

The capacitance touch area (the hardware key area) of my device stopped working, and Sprint told me they normally can't fix that, and will most likely need to order me a new device, so I am going to have to restock, and relock my ppc.
While I do have UC set up, I currently have a weird bug with ICS fixed, but its soooo dang random, I am never completely sure what I did to make it work properly, and would like to just image the whole dang user partition rather than mess around with it when I have to restore to the new device.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Damionix is keeping up the good workDamionix is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Damionix Send a message via MSN to Damionix Send a message via Yahoo to Damionix

Quote:
Does anyone by any chance know of a partition cloning program that can make copies of your internal storage partitions? (not the removable SD, I can do that already) The *entire* partition as an image file, similar to the way that Norton Ghost works, not just a file copy, or a backup.

The capacitance touch area (the hardware key area) of my device stopped working, and Sprint told me they normally can't fix that, and will most likely need to order me a new device, so I am going to have to restock, and relock my ppc.
While I do have UC set up, I currently have a weird bug with ICS fixed, but its soooo dang random, I am never completely sure what I did to make it work properly, and would like to just image the whole dang user partition rather than mess around with it when I have to restore to the new device.

You could use SPB Backup or SPB clone. But they are crazy expensive. I don't know if there is a Consumer intended one. Just google around.

"Computer Maintenance Technician, Houston, TX"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:51 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

The guy above me had the best suggestions. For an image file SPB Clone. It makes an image file in an exe.

dwizzy130

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damionix View Post
You could use SPB Backup or SPB clone. But they are crazy expensive. I don't know if there is a Consumer intended one. Just google around.
Ouch, $300, heh, yeah, it's not really worth that much to me, but I saw a trial of SPB backup, I'll take a look at it, see if it does closer to what I am looking for than sprite, or resco backup, both of which I have tried out already. Thanks for the recommendations.

[Edit]
Ah, just found a trial version of SPB Clone, I'll have to try it when I get back, have to go out. If it works really well, its probably worth $300, just not really needed just for my one current purpose. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
The guy above me had the best suggestions. For an image file SPB Clone. It makes an image file in an exe.

dwizzy130
What were you going to suggest before you saw Damionix's reply?

Last edited by MACE; 07-21-2009 at 06:52 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development