PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

cflynt 07-18-2009 02:37 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Gratz on you new toy Juicy hope it works out for ya, no doubt you will get used to whatever you use on a daily basis. But I do have to admit that's why I bought the Pro in the first place was the dedicated number keys. I had a work issued Tilt and that killed me on trying to type or support anything. So I bought myself the Pro and never looked back. But it is all according to what you use it for and I am sure the BB will work in your environment just fine.

You will truly be missed. Maybe we will get lucky and see you come back on the next phone. Till then I do wish you the best and thank you for all you have done for all of us.

ShadowDrake 07-18-2009 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faxmonkey (Post 1042656)
Well, i have ring tone problems with the latest rom. After a quick reset everything works well, but after a while incoming calls don't ring (audible). I have my phone set on vibrate and ring on a default ring tone, but the ringing doesn't happen. Anyone else having this issue on the latest rom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBecker (Post 1043076)
Actually mine will ring provided I have a standard ring tone (not a MID file), but the volume is about 1/2 of normal. It only gets louder just before it stops ringing. I'm not sure what to do about it. I can't hear it ring if it's noisy.

I am running into this too. I thought I was just going crazy and having a problem that no one else does, and no one has an answer to (*cough* t-backs BT driver not working in latest release *cough*). Most of the time it rings at half volume... or lower. Other times it won't play the ringtone at all. Has made setting up my new Google Voice number difficult.

cmantis 07-18-2009 03:57 AM

I was on the previous Juicy rom and it started really lagging and text messaging was giving me lots of errors. Also my voice messages were coming through late. I just updated and not my text messaging doesnt work. Whenever I switch it from t9 to abc it goes right back to t9 and the messages dont seem to be sending. The only thing I can think of is that I use PIM to backup my numbers. any ideas, thanks so much in advance. I really need my phone to work.

dyl4n 07-18-2009 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmantis (Post 1043482)
I was on the previous Juicy rom and it started really lagging and text messaging was giving me lots of errors. Also my voice messages were coming through late. I just updated and not my text messaging doesnt work. Whenever I switch it from t9 to abc it goes right back to t9 and the messages dont seem to be sending. The only thing I can think of is that I use PIM to backup my numbers. any ideas, thanks so much in advance. I really need my phone to work.

I have this issue on this rom as well. One time I was able to get into Touch Input settings and uncheck it but it wont open for me at the moment. Possibly there is a registry key that would turn it off.

In my experience Importing a lot of text's/e-mails with PIM causes threaded TF3D messaging to lag pretty good. Clear out your messages before backing up

EDIT:
I've found this cab I got from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...26&postcount=2
Direct CAB file download:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1232761963

Just run the cab and Voila! No more XT9. Just tested it = working

Hope it works for ya.

t0mmyr 07-18-2009 05:17 AM

so what did you do with your tp? is it wifi only device now?

cdhamma 07-18-2009 06:05 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090704 (23001.5.0.60) [UC]

Here is how I got Google Sync to sync my contacts using this ROM.

1. Setup ActiveSync with Google Mobile sync, enabling both contacts and calendar sync. Do initial sync.
2. Disable contacts sync. Save. Sync. Re-Enable contact sync. Sync. (this step may not be necessary)
3. Reboot the phone. (again, may not be necessary)
4. Go into the Phone, and do a company search for a name you know is in your google contacts.
5. It will clunk around and do the search. Then, magically, it will show up, and all your contacts will show up under contacts.

Weird. I guess it needed the company search to populate its database or something. I depend upon google sync because I use a Mac, and it is the easiest way I have found to sync my mac with my touch pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaganit (Post 1015624)
Problem is I all my contacts are on google... I will need to flash back to the previous rom, sync with google, sync is myphone, flash back to the new rom, and sync with my phone....

Has anyone successfully synced with google using activesync in this new version?!?!?!](*,)](*,)](*,)

cmantis 07-18-2009 06:18 AM

Thank you much. Seems to work, wish I could have tried it a few hours ago and I wouldn't be still up and at home :drunken:

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyl4n (Post 1043501)
I have this issue on this rom as well. One time I was able to get into Touch Input settings and uncheck it but it wont open for me at the moment. Possibly there is a registry key that would turn it off.

In my experience Importing a lot of text's/e-mails with PIM causes threaded TF3D messaging to lag pretty good. Clear out your messages before backing up

EDIT:
I've found this cab I got from here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...26&postcount=2
Direct CAB file download:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...8&d=1232761963

Just run the cab and Voila! No more XT9. Just tested it = working

Hope it works for ya.

JohnBecker 07-18-2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 1043472)
I am running into this too. I thought I was just going crazy and having a problem that no one else does, and no one has an answer to (*cough* t-backs BT driver not working in latest release *cough*). Most of the time it rings at half volume... or lower. Other times it won't play the ringtone at all. Has made setting up my new Google Voice number difficult.

Does anyone have a helpful hint to up the volume for the ring tones? It's like it's muted somewhat until just before it stops ringing, then it gets louder.

I have had some issues with the BT not staying connected to my Jawbone. Still trying to find a MSVC that works properly with this ROM.

NinjaDuck 07-18-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadjetguy (Post 1042929)
Using the latest ROM. On the people tab, when I tap a number under a favorites other than the default, it still goes to the default number. Example: If I have the mobile number set up under the favorite and click the Home number icon, it still dials the mobile number.
Any Ideas?

Thanks.

Mike

This is not my fix. It was posted for the last version of this ROM. It does work on this version as well. JUICY - might want to consider adding it to the next release.

Thanks to the origional poster!

Ultima 07-18-2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1042803)
Build quality is amazing

Screen in particular is breathtaking as there is no touch sensor overlay.

Trackball is a little more recessed than I like.

Camera, while the same mp as the pro is vastly better. The flash is automatic and there is image stabilization in addition to autofocus.

I'm slower on this keyboard because the function and symbols are different. I do miss having a dedicated number row and arrow keys.

Form factor is great, much more pocketable.

The browser and laxk of youtube app are the biggest dissapointments

The os is good and the funny thing is that ms apps like messenger are much better than the wm native versions. The great concept here is that all messages... Email, texts, bbm, windows live messenger, etc are all consolidated

I miss having a file explorer, but you can still create folders.

So how is the keyboard compared to a Curve? I've never liked the keyboards on devices like the Curve or Moto Q. Thats why I've my phone progression was 6700 - 6800 - Pro. I'd have to say if pocketability were my concern I'd see myself more likely to go all touchscreen like the Storm or Diamond, that is unless they've somehow managed to make it way better than the Curve.