PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

hyperfire21 07-17-2009 05:42 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Hey juicy they released an update to the manila, v1e. will u be adding that soon?

pmoreau 07-17-2009 05:47 PM

We getting another ROM too?

cflynt 07-17-2009 05:59 PM

Sorry to hear Juicy, but gratz on the new toy. Hope it works out for ya! Thanks for all that you have done and look forward to the final for now release. Hope to see ya again i the future.

faxmonkey 07-17-2009 06:00 PM

Well, i have ring tone problems with the latest rom. After a quick reset everything works well, but after a while incoming calls don't ring (audible). I have my phone set on vibrate and ring on a default ring tone, but the ringing doesn't happen. Anyone else having this issue on the latest rom?

m0mo 07-17-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1042613)
Hello boys and girls

Bad news: I'm typing this on my bb tour

Good news: I'm finishing up juicy8 kitchen and it rocks

how is the tour? i just ordered a tour yesterday. its backordered so i guess i will still be on my touch pro for a little while.

mlin 07-17-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisincali (Post 1041243)
You think its OK to ban someone for making a better rom, you have to be kidding me. Everybody here gets their ideas from somewhere its not like they own everything. Stop being a hippy.:angry7: If I were to make the best Rom, it would be a mix of all the Rom's i have tried here. Then you would call me a pirate but I would still be on top.

You are so off base! You don't even understand what any of this is about do you?

Nygel 07-17-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1042613)
Hello boys and girls

Bad news: I'm typing this on my bb tour

Good news: I'm finishing up juicy8 kitchen and it rocks

WWWWHHYYYYY, WWWHHHYY,WWWHHHHYYYY, no good luck on the new toy. Hope you will get the Pro 2; I should tell HTC the processor needs to be updated, if that was the case then I know everyone will switch

Juicy47 07-17-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m0mo (Post 1042739)
how is the tour? i just ordered a tour yesterday. its backordered so i guess i will still be on my touch pro for a little while.

Build quality is amazing

Screen in particular is breathtaking as there is no touch sensor overlay.

Trackball is a little more recessed than I like.

Camera, while the same mp as the pro is vastly better. The flash is automatic and there is image stabilization in addition to autofocus.

I'm slower on this keyboard because the function and symbols are different. I do miss having a dedicated number row and arrow keys.

Form factor is great, much more pocketable.

The browser and laxk of youtube app are the biggest dissapointments

The os is good and the funny thing is that ms apps like messenger are much better than the wm native versions. The great concept here is that all messages... Email, texts, bbm, windows live messenger, etc are all consolidated

I miss having a file explorer, but you can still create folders.

AycheDub 07-17-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1042803)
Build quality is amazing

Camera, while the same mp as the pro is vastly better. The flash is automatic and there is image stabilization in addition to autofocus.

I'm slower on this keyboard because the function and symbols are different. I do miss having a dedicated number row and arrow keys.

The os is good and the funny thing is that ms apps like messenger are much better than the wm native versions. The great concept here is that all messages... Email, texts, bbm, windows live messenger, etc are all consolidated

Sounds like more bad than good to me Juicy lol... though I'm a big fan of the browser on WinMo and that keeps me on this terrible platform. If only there were decent browsers for the BB....

Sadly, the form factor and screen quality on the BB are far superior... so tempting to go down to the nearest TELUS store and get one...

badboy8813 07-17-2009 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1042803)
Build quality is amazing

yeah Juicy i too made the switch and the Tour and it is AMAZING! we spend so much time messing with windows mobile while blackberry gets it right right of the bat... im sorry guys but the grass is greener on the other side. you honestly have to try one to see what the fuss is about... i will give windows mobile 7 a chance but until then yall be E zzzz! no more spending hours upon hours flashing and always discovering a problem with a ROM, im done with that!

when the TP2 i will still make an audiopara file for it if needed be so no worries...