PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

bedlam247 07-17-2009 01:57 PM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MACE (Post 1041879)
I have never seen this problem, or seen anyone else ask about it, does it do this before you set up your filter categories? I tried the various tabs where you said it was happening, and nothing. I would have tried to set up my own filters, to test that as well, but I don't know where that option is, are you talking about in TF3D? or something only in outlook?

Hey Mace, I am using J8 with Showaco theme 5.3, because this TF3D2 theme is the only one I can find that will display more than the 1-2 appointment on the homepage. I am no sure if this causes the problem. I cannot live with one without the other. I have gotten use to seeing more than 1-2 appointments on my homepage, but I am frustrated with the inability to filter some categories because it is at the botton of my categories list. Same goes for trying to at "push shortcuts-favorites" good-night! so strange, but thanks for your input. I've attached Showaco's theme. It's awesome, because of the mutilple appointments that could be viewed from homepage.

Do you think Juicy can add this? Or if someone direct me to where I can learn how to do this? Juicy wants his ROM to be a business/professional one, this would be an awesome addition. I know lots of users would llike to view more appointments on the homepage.

Again, I do not mean to insult/belittle or sound ungrateful...

ShadowDrake 07-17-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDrake (Post 1038591)
So I have really had to try hard to find any problems with this latest build - it is fantastic!

But something changed in the last build (or two). The t-back BT driver to make BT headset buttons work in programs other than the Manila music player doesn't work in this latest build. It doesn't do anything in CorePlayer, and doesn't make the manila music player start, either...

So suggestions here?

Bumping this question.

MACE 07-17-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by covkid66 (Post 1042105)
I have a cab I found in the past from times I too needed it when earlier or other ROMs did not include it. You will find it on web if you look for it. Some will frown upon that, but I look at it this way....I do buy all of my software, and in this case the phone came with MSVC, so if I can find a copy 'out there', I'll use it. I'm PM'ing you where I found an updated copy, and you'll laugh at the irony of where given you're post.

Thanks, much appreciated, and yes, that *is* quite ironic.

BTW, the people that get uppity about linking stuff like that really need to consider what they are complaining about. The software is *included* on the device. Which in and of itself means there is no digital rights infringement, as buying the device gives you a license to use the software on it. Which I have to guess is one of the main reasons that Microsoft doesn't care about sites like this. However, even if this *was* an issue, and it bothered them, then I guess they should stop downloading and using any of the Roms on this site, since they *all* include proprietary software licensed from M$
Quote:

Originally Posted by bedlam247 (Post 1042153)
Hey Mace, I am using J8 with Showaco theme 5.3, because this TF3D2 theme is the only one I can find that will display more than the 1-2 appointment on the homepage. I am no sure if this causes the problem. I cannot live with one without the other. I have gotten use to seeing more than 1-2 appointments on my homepage, but I am frustrated with the inability to filter some categories because it is at the botton of my categories list. Same goes for trying to at "push shortcuts-favorites" good-night! so strange, but thanks for your input. I've attached Showaco's theme. It's awesome, because of the mutilple appointments that could be viewed from homepage.

Do you think Juicy can add this? Or if someone direct me to where I can learn how to do this? Juicy wants his ROM to be a business/professional one, this would be an awesome addition. I know lots of users would llike to view more appointments on the homepage.

Again, I do not mean to insult/belittle or sound ungrateful...

Can you please link to the page for that Showaco mod? I have never seen it before, even though I have searched some of his other mods.
It sounds useful, and maybe I can see if it causes the same problems for me as well.

markperri181818 07-17-2009 03:09 PM

Hello to all.

I have a little chip on my shoulder that I wish to share. I, like many others here in this forum, read these post religiously---everyday--waiting for the next big thing from Juicy or even something new from other post participants. But what I can stand is to see people being ridiculed for there questions. Listen, if you cant answer a question THEN DONT WASTE A POST!!!

It’s true, you see the same question time and time again but guess what---not everyone reads through these posts to find the answers. So what should we do??? ANSWER THEM. If we follow this then this forum wont be full of pages with insults and dumb insulting statements but pages of questions and answers.

Remember even Juicy has to read through this to find what he needs to improve on the next build. Do you think he or anyone else enjoys reading through these postings of habitual "Go +20 pages back and you'll find the answer"?

Lets all help each other out----if not don’t post anything.

Now those who ask questions---Lets follow thses steps to forum success
1. Have a queston? READ through the postings and you might just find your answer.
2. If you cant find the answer then post the question.
3. If all else fails, dont repost the question in fustration---just private message some one! Everyone is here to help out each other.

Thats it you all.

PS....Yes, Yes I do love your roms Juicy.

tx_jaycee 07-17-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACE (Post 1042286)
Can you please link to the page for that Showaco mod? I have never seen it before, even though I have searched some of his other mods.
It sounds useful, and maybe I can see if it causes the same problems for me as well.

This is where I found it http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=470011

CovKid66 07-17-2009 03:29 PM

Provided users do their part i.e. this:

Quote:

Originally Posted by markperri181818 (Post 1042299)
Now those who ask questions---Lets follow thses steps to forum success
1. Have a queston? READ through the postings and you might just find your answer.
2. If you cant find the answer then post the question.
3. If all else fails, dont repost the question in fustration---just private message some one! Everyone is here to help out each other.

and they are not simply posting up a question because that's the easiest for them, then I agree 100% with this:

Quote:

I have a little chip on my shoulder that I wish to share. I, like many others here in this forum, read these post religiously---everyday--waiting for the next big thing from Juicy or even something new from other post participants. But what I can stand is to see people being ridiculed for there questions. Listen, if you cant answer a question THEN DONT WASTE A POST!!!

And this...

Quote:

Lets all help each other out----if not don’t post anything.

Remember, we all start out as noobs to this stuff. What seems like a dumb or even simple question to you, may be totally new to somebody else. If these forums are really just for hardcore elitists...well then it's a sad day.

diveman 07-17-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trantastic (Post 1041264)
Sorry to ask a question. Didn't mean to piss in your cheerios!

no bro u got me mixed up. ask all the questions you want that was directed at the nrgz-juicy thing that ate up the forum for about 5 pages. everybody had to kick the sleeping dog. just had to add my ignorant 2 cents and in no way was trying to slap you down for asking a question. on another note if piss was the only thing i was eating my cheerios with, i'd be a happy camper. seems like i cant eat a bowl without choking down a lincoln log. and i dig merdinh's keyboard too!

ahuskins 07-17-2009 04:45 PM

Agreed, answer all the questions asked. I still think a link from the first post to the release post is a great idea. Just update it with each new release.

Juicy47 07-17-2009 05:34 PM

Hello boys and girls

Bad news: I'm typing this on my bb tour

Good news: I'm finishing up juicy8 kitchen and it rocks

CovKid66 07-17-2009 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1042613)
Hello boys and girls

Bad news: I'm typing this on my bb tour

Good news: I'm finishing up juicy8 kitchen and it rocks

Change of heart on the kitchen release Juicy...or are you just teasing?

Congrats on the Tour. Hopefully you'll provide some feedback ~ good, bad, or indifferent.