PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

mlin 07-21-2009 01:34 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1048565)
Juicy, Just curious about build 21925 and the swipe tabs instead of actual tabs. I didn't hear anything about it in this thread. Have you any experience with this build?
I posted a pic to illustrate and the youtube video below does a better job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhiYQwCIVdI

I like the looks of this, hopefully it makes it into the next build...

Nimdock 07-21-2009 04:35 AM

Sorry about that image... I didn't think it would be THAT bad. My apologies.

/off topic

kayfouroh 07-21-2009 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlin (Post 1048456)
Hey Juicy what are your thoughts on SYS build for the next version. I am enjoying the 219XX series and yet to notice flaws with it, however I see that you posted that you may go back to the 23XXX series.

What's the difference between 219XX and 23XXX?

I'd really like to see some sort of 6.5 build changelog between each build.. but that's asking too much from MS :\

MACE 07-21-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayfouroh (Post 1048988)
What's the difference between 219XX and 23XXX?

I'd really like to see some sort of 6.5 build changelog between each build.. but that's asking too much from MS :\

Now wouldn't that be nice? Imagine that, full disclosure to the community testing all their buggy @$* software. What a wonderful, beautiful world that would be...

Maybe when pigs fly :disgust: (lets genegineer some with wings ;-) )
Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1048565)
Juicy, Just curious about build 21925 and the swipe tabs instead of actual tabs. I didn't hear anything about it in this thread. Have you any experience with this build?
I posted a pic to illustrate and the youtube video below does a better job.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhiYQwCIVdI

I think this is a nice extra feature, but I would not want it to be the only, or even default functionality. It's fine for a page with only 3 tabs, but imagine a page with 6 or 7. You would have to scroll through them all to get to the ones on the other end, but that is not the worst part, you wouldn't even be able to see them all, to even know what tabs are available if its a page you have not seen before. I think that's bad enough how it is on pages like bluetooth config for example, where they don't all fit on the screen even now.
Also, I like having random access to any tab in the list, to go straight to it without having to scroll through them all.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DCLocal (Post 1048081)
+1 for hTorch, attached. :)

I use hTorch as well, and I really love the way it functions, I think its really well designed for these particular phones. One caveat however, it seems to use the camera software to work the flash, because it drains the battery almost as badly as using the camera does, which if you have not noticed, is totally ridiculous, burns it down like 3 times faster than streaming video does for crying out loud :P I assume that this is typical for all these sorts of flash manipulating programs, but I hope No2Chem can find a way to access the flash without using the camera software...
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmoreau (Post 1047859)
Yep, you missed it ;-)
It's broken in the Latest Juicy ROM but you can download a functional, be it lower quality, version from google.
There's a link to the google DL in a post a few pages back...
One side effect, before loading the google version, no videos would play using the SkyFire browser either. After loading google's
youtube player, Skyfire started working. Appears as though a codec maybe missing from Juicy's ROM.
Just went back and found the link: m.youtube.com/app

This is why we need sub forums for some of the more popular Roms, maybe ppl would actually notice the huge subthread about youtube not working with 50 replies in it, if it were not buried in the 7000 post thread...
That said, I have to really question if these ppl looked *at all* considering the numerous times this has been mentioned, I think it is *probably* the number one most talked about problem in the last few builds..

ahuskins 07-21-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACE (Post 1049090)
Now wouldn't that be nice? Imagine that, full disclosure to the community testing all their buggy @$* software. What a wonderful, beautiful world that would be...

Maybe when pigs fly :disgust: (lets genegineer some with wings ;-) )

Here's your flying pig!
http://www.huskinshighlights.com/Jetpig.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by MACE (Post 1049090)
I think this is a nice extra feature, but I would not want it to be the only, or even default functionality. It's fine for a page with only 3 tabs, but imagine a page with 6 or 7. You would have to scroll through them all to get to the ones on the other end, but that is not the worst part, you wouldn't even be able to see them all, to even know what tabs are available if its a page you have not seen before. I think that's bad enough how it is on pages like bluetooth config for example, where they don't all fit on the screen even now.
Also, I like having random access to any tab in the list, to go straight to it without having to scroll through them all.

After reading your post, I agree totally. Not really a very good idea.

MACE 07-21-2009 11:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBecker (Post 1048035)
If I didn't use a Bluetooth ear piece, I'd never hear it ring. I've tried everything in the registry and nothing seems to work. I still think its a bug in the 21921 ROM, since its present on other ROMS using the same base, but it seems to be overlooked.

I had a hardware issue with my phone over the weekend, so I have not been using it a lot, but I have not experienced the silent ring tone bug myself, so I thought it might be because I am using a customized tachi phone canvas.

I included the cabs I have to do this:

I have never really liked the default white phone canvas, so I have been using these black keypad skins for a while since someone linked them to me. The first one is a simple black keypad with blue for the highlighted buttons.
The second is a little more fancy, with some more color scheme changes, but it also includes the fix for the call log button, without breaking the gps icon, as well as the bluetooth fix.

Props to CMYLXGO for these (I think)

MACE 07-21-2009 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahuskins (Post 1049156)

LOL, thanks :mrgreen:

Ok Micro$oft, where is our changelog?!?

ahuskins 07-21-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnBecker (Post 1048035)
If I didn't use a Bluetooth ear piece, I'd never hear it ring. I've tried everything in the registry and nothing seems to work. I still think its a bug in the 21921 ROM, since its present on other ROMS using the same base, but it seems to be overlooked.

I am using the stock Tachi dialer in the latest Juicy8 ROM and I have never experienced the ring volume issue.

Jesse Buck 07-21-2009 11:34 AM

I recently experienced an annoying bug and was wondering if anyone else has. When using the rhodium music player (the tab music player) and having the stock 3.5 earphone converter w/ a tape deck converter player attached it seemingly randomly calls the newest person in the call history. A soft reset fixes it as long as I do not receive any more calls while listening to music. W/o the 3.5 adapter and the tape adapter attached it does not have this issue. My wife has a TP w/ Juicy 8 build ...07, I believe, and w/ her phone was the first time I saw it happen. Then yesterday after flashing to the most current build my phone did it too. It seems like the phone is activating the send key. Thanks to everyone who helps keep my ghetto car stereo runnin. Also thanks Juicy this newest build is noticibly faster than the last, mmmmmm juicy.

MACE 07-21-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse Buck (Post 1049225)
I recently experienced an annoying bug and was wondering if anyone else has. When using the rhodium music player (the tab music player) and having the stock 3.5 earphone converter w/ a tape deck converter player attached it seemingly randomly calls the newest person in the call history. A soft reset fixes it as long as I do not receive any more calls while listening to music. W/o the 3.5 adapter and the tape adapter attached it does not have this issue. My wife has a TP w/ Juicy 8 build ...07, I believe, and w/ her phone was the first time I saw it happen. Then yesterday after flashing to the most current build my phone did it too. It seems like the phone is activating the send key. Thanks to everyone who helps keep my ghetto car stereo runnin. Also thanks Juicy this newest build is noticibly faster than the last, mmmmmm juicy.

LOL, this is probably why we don't get change logs from M$, they don't want us to see:

Build 21XXXX

Fixed issue with clock display being 5 seconds off
Added completely RANDOM, and totally untraceable, incredibly annoying bug to provide something to 'fix' in a future version to give the impression there is actually a reason to upgrade.
Added slightly altered version of an iPhone feature to placate the masses.
Improved slow horizontal scrolling speed