PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090922H (23052.5.3.0) [UC] (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002)

rushco 07-19-2009 12:03 AM

Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderboy (Post 1044914)
I seem to be having several problems.

1. my youtube app doesnt seem to be playing any videos. i tried restarting and everything.

2. when i install the picturemail cab, it doesnt allow me to send pictures. same with the email. email doesnt work.

anyone else experiencing this and is there anyway around this?

We all are. Just wait for the next ROM.

ahuskins 07-19-2009 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonderboy (Post 1044914)
I seem to be having several problems.

1. my youtube app doesnt seem to be playing any videos. i tried restarting and everything.

2. when i install the picturemail cab, it doesnt allow me to send pictures. same with the email. email doesnt work.

anyone else experiencing this and is there anyway around this?

1. Known bug. Juicy is on the job. For now you can DL the youtube mobile app from here:
http://m.google.com/youtube
Use Pocket Internet Explorer to DL

2. If you follow the instructions on this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802
Your picturemail will work.
Don't know what you could be experiencing with the email. We need more info to troubleshoot that. Do the install of Arcsoft and report back.
:mrgreen:

jshaas2 07-19-2009 09:24 AM

I too have played with the Tour. I would pretty much agree with what you said. BB will never match Windows Mobile in Browser capabilities. If you web surf alot, BB is not for you.

I guess most hard core WM users, just like the customizations that the WM OS allows, versus a locked iphone or BB....although there stuff works out of the box pretty good. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1042803)
Build quality is amazing

Screen in particular is breathtaking as there is no touch sensor overlay.

Trackball is a little more recessed than I like.

Camera, while the same mp as the pro is vastly better. The flash is automatic and there is image stabilization in addition to autofocus.

I'm slower on this keyboard because the function and symbols are different. I do miss having a dedicated number row and arrow keys.

Form factor is great, much more pocketable.

The browser and laxk of youtube app are the biggest dissapointments

The os is good and the funny thing is that ms apps like messenger are much better than the wm native versions. The great concept here is that all messages... Email, texts, bbm, windows live messenger, etc are all consolidated

I miss having a file explorer, but you can still create folders.

nemoid 07-19-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1042803)
Build quality is amazing

Screen in particular is breathtaking as there is no touch sensor overlay.

Trackball is a little more recessed than I like.

Camera, while the same mp as the pro is vastly better. The flash is automatic and there is image stabilization in addition to autofocus.

I'm slower on this keyboard because the function and symbols are different. I do miss having a dedicated number row and arrow keys.

Form factor is great, much more pocketable.

The browser and laxk of youtube app are the biggest dissapointments

The os is good and the funny thing is that ms apps like messenger are much better than the wm native versions. The great concept here is that all messages... Email, texts, bbm, windows live messenger, etc are all consolidated

I miss having a file explorer, but you can still create folders.

Install Opera Mobile on the BB :)

abednego 07-19-2009 02:15 PM

After reading through part of this thread - I see that theres an e-mail issue. But ... I'm also experience texting problems with the TF3D built-in texting. When I slide out the keyboard, the screen re-adjusts to portrait mode...

Will the above two fixes require another flash? Or just an update?

Machinehead 07-19-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abednego (Post 1045635)
But ... I'm also experience texting problems with the TF3D built-in texting. When I slide out the keyboard, the screen re-adjusts to portrait mode...

Go into the settings tab in TF3D, scroll down select the G-Sensor option and turn off Auto Screen Rotation.

abednego 07-19-2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 1045761)
Go into the settings tab in TF3D, scroll down select the G-Sensor option and turn off Auto Screen Rotation.

Whats interesting - is that I'll flip it out, start typing ... but it opens up my contacts, searching for a contact. I have to tap the text entry field a couple times to be sure the cursor is blinking before typing my text.

Is there any way of having the TF3D SMS app display your message length in characters?

rushco 07-19-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abednego (Post 1045786)
Whats interesting - is that I'll flip it out, start typing ... but it opens up my contacts, searching for a contact. I have to tap the text entry field a couple times to be sure the cursor is blinking before typing my text.

Is there any way of having the TF3D SMS app display your message length in characters?

Yes to the first part. You have to make sure the cursor is where you want to type with your finger.

No there is no way to see how long the message is.

ahuskins 07-19-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abednego (Post 1045786)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushco (Post 1046048)
Yes to the first part. You have to make sure the cursor is where you want to type with your finger.

No there is no way to see how long the message is.

Just curious why do you need to see how long the message is? The TP will automatically split messages longer than 160 characters. :scratch:

leoiden 07-19-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 1035477)
was a mistake... left a package out by accident.

any update juicy come on man we know youre excited about your new toy but don,t leave us hanging man !!!=D>