PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 05:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

workindev is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE View Post
WOW...... and um.. Wow....

Bad enough for him to use your work without permission, or even credit after the fact, *regardless* of how trivial he may have thought it was, and I'm sure it was not, having developed UI elements in the past myself, but then, to add insult to injury... I mean WOW.. I just can't believe that attitude. He treats you like some punk kid.

Incredible.

As has been said, its this sort of crap that often destroys dev teams, and even studios.
Trust me, I know...
Do you need to get permission to use something that has been released into the public domain? It's not like you have to agree to a EULA to download the stuff around here. And as far as credit goes, Juicy is still fully credited in the MASD. Juicy wasn't looking for credit, he was looking for praise.

This whole thing is just silly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Three Telus stores by my house already have my name and # and are going to call as soon as they get their TP2's in. First one to call me gets the sale!! I can't wait to get my hands on it.....
Old 07-16-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ⒽⓉⒸ ⓉⓅ₂

ChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChrisCicc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by workindev View Post
Do you need to get permission to use something that has been released into the public domain? It's not like you have to agree to a EULA to download the stuff around here. And as far as credit goes, Juicy is still fully credited in the MASD. Juicy wasn't looking for credit, he was looking for praise.

It was in the ROM by accident, not to give Juicy credit. He spent a lot of time working on that, and that guys response is totally uncalled for. People have been banned from this forum for stealing work in the past. He should issue Juicy and the community a public apology...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorelow View Post
this rom is so good. ive tried them all and i wanted the goodies and bells and whistles but they kept screwing me up. the best thing about this rom is it seems to accept merdin;s blue theme.which you have to see if you havent . no conflicts at all. heres the link for the cab. it makes this rom beautiful. i dont know how to upload a cab its on this page on top saying blue addon, if anyone is interested in trying it
http://www.jbawireless.com/ppc.htm
i posted this yesterday and i want to make sure that this is not wrong to do. can you find something great from someones work ( merdins) and suggest it for a different rom (juicy) . didnt want to mix the two if that wasnt cool
Old 07-16-2009, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090704 (23001.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgnupe2 View Post
Ok this is probably goin to get deleted, but im fcukin pissed Juicy your Roms are the best, Why BB I hate BB it so handicapped. (BB must have thrown you a bone lol just playin or maybe not) I understand you have ur preference and you do this outta your love of the device but you leaving us all out there to fend for ourselves WHY Juicy WHY,

Its like the drop dead gorgeous chick you been dating for a year that everyones see and is jelous of, has great everything from top to bottom but come to find out shes leaving you for your best friend thats bigtime inferior to yourself, hes fat and ugly and broke with no money but she still leaving you. Thats how it is Juicy.

Juicy I thank you for your ROMS you definitly have the best stuff out there, I dont care if you are from Canada lol. But I hope your BB crashes daily and frustrates you to the point of coming back, Even though BB are so weak crashing really doesnt happen because the phones dont really do much, but i hope yours crash daily. No serious Juicy you have to be getting a free phone I know if i was BlackBerry I would give you one because your actions is goin to have some reprocussions for WM you have alot of followers, But following you to BB is like the if all your friends jump off a bridge speech. I wish you the best and worst with BB. But I hate to see you go none the less. Thanks for all the hard work Juicy.

All of the BB hate was done in comedy I really wish you the Best Juicy you have done my phone and this site a great service, but if you BB crashes alot you wont see any tears of aww over here more like tears of joy. lol
Ok Now im lost for words, I have tried the Tour and to tell you the truth its like a curve 1.5 its inferior in every way to a custom rom mogul let alone a touch pro or touch pro 2 the only thing it had that was great was the standby time and te webpage load time. The tour is a curve and a half nothing to cry home about.

Juicy the smart man that you are why in the world would you consider this inferior device it makes no sense, I know you are Canadian (JOKE)and yall do some weird stuff but the tour is like going from a bentley to a honda, yes they both are cars and they both get you to where you gotta go but one is frugal and the other is luxury.

Never the less your roms rock and you are the best but BB curve 1.5 is a like a ppc 6700 in technology.
P.s keep your kitchens to yourself if people are going to steal your stuff then take donations then they are trash. Hey let your work live and die with you. YOU put in the work you get the credit.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

damn, let the guy choose whatever device he wants. every device is good depending on their needs and what they want it for, so who are you to tell juicy what device he can have or that he needs your approval to leave WM??? As long as Juicy is happy, thats what matters but begging and trying to force juicy to stay with WM just so he can make more ROM's is just selfish

Every device has its ups and downs and not everyone thinks that WM is the prime choice FYI. BB runs laps around WM and if he wants to have a rock solid, stable, to the point, business device so why cant he have a BB?? That goes for the iphone as well if someone wants games, good multimedia and simpleness....

Peoples attitude to things like this and when the new OS sections were opened are just apalling.... last i heard it was a free country

I support any desicion you make Juicy, just go with what fits your needs the best. If its BB more power to ya, if its WM glad to see you arent leaving..

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 07-16-2009 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO

kgnupe2 is keeping up the good workkgnupe2 is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090713 (21921.5.0.40) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
damn, let the guy choose whatever device he wants. every device is good depending on their needs and what they want it for, so who are you to tell juicy what device he can have or that he needs your approval to leave WM??? As long as Juicy is happy, thats what matters but begging and trying to force juicy to stay with WM just so he can make more ROM's is just selfish

Every device has its ups and downs and not everyone thinks that WM is the prime choice FYI. BB runs laps around WM and if he wants to have a rock solid, stable, to the point, business device so why cant he have a BB?? That goes for the iphone as well if someone wants games, good multimedia and simpleness....

Peoples attitude to things like this and when the new OS sections were opened are just apalling.... last i heard it was a free country

I support any desicion you make Juicy, just go with what fits your needs the best. If its BB more power to ya, if its WM glad to see you arent leaving..
dude I aint coming at juicy for wanting the device i just wanted to know why and if he does not feel like telling me he dont owe me any explination i just asked a question. And Juicy is a grown man if he felt as thought I was coming at him he would say so and I would apoligize. I thank juicy for all his hard work and effort if you read my oringinal post in which i added you would see that, I got the tour just because juicy thought so highly of it and i wanted to see why my conclusion is I couldnt see why so I asked him his opinion. Fall back wanna be bodyguard real talk.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by workindev View Post

He's looking for the CREDIT he deserves. You can play all of the semantics games you want, but the bottom line is it is standard practice around here to give credit to other members when its due. Have you seen a change log recently? Its common courtesy.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro Sprint

jrnlytn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
for now....

[ ] CE OS 5.2.23001 (Build 23001.5.0.60)
[+] ConcurrenceMgr (1.5.19162826.00)
[+] DRMMiddleware (1.5.19122329.00)
[+] HTCFramework_TEST (1.1.19162213.00)
[+] HTCScroll (2.0.19162823.0)
[+] mHub (6.57.090121.E1)
[+] RSSHub (2.1.1.1095.CP.01)
[+] SmartTouch (1.0.19141827.0)
[+] TaskManager (2.1.19163929.10
[#] Fixed Touch Sensor *DIAM500*
[#] ## Code Support *thanks Scuccia*
[#] Plus Code Dialing Support
[#] Fixed YouTube
[#] Fixed D3D support occuring in some games
[#] Fixed DRM Conflicts
[#] Fixed VoiceCommand

Is this the current build you are working on to fix Voice Command? I just downloaded this morning and it is still 5.2.21921.

Let me know, I really use voice command a lot for dialing, I have 300+ contacts in my book. Make is easier to find people.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro CDMA

bedlam247 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuskins View Post
You should check out my post:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=6930
Once you learn to setup UC and create a _provXML file you won't have to go through all of this.
If you're going to flash this will make it a breeze to do so.
Cheers!
Thanks. I will see if I understand this. Do you mind if I PM you if I get stuck?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development