PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090704 (23001.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcun View Post
Not that I can help, but what add-on/extra software are you running and what regedits do you make through UC? I've never had wifi turn itself on with any of Juicy's releases. But I also don't use the wifi, I connect via bluetooth...

But I would be willing to do some compare/contrast with your configuration to see if we can find the issue. I would even be willing to give you an image of my registry so you could compare for differences if you thought that might help...

Seems you've been chasing this one for a while...
It just appeared in the last build, and has substantially gone away in this most recent one. Though wifi hasn't turned itself on (not that I've been able to catch it), I've had it lock up and not turn on before. On the last build I had huge issues getting the phone to start too - I couldn't let it go to standby by itself while it was starting otherwise it would just lock up there. It had 4-5 minute startup times too, so soft resetting (which happened multiple times daily) was a huge hassle. There were times where I just pulled the battery and left it sit off for a few hours because I didn't want to deal with getting it started again.

I couldn't think of a bettery way to list what I have install via sashimi but this will do:
http://i30.tinypic.com/2jbp7jd.jpg

It's nothing tragically weird, and I have gone back to the program sets I've had install for previous builds (just remove new programs in case they were causing an issue) and I'd still have the same problem. I was running into the same problems without running sashimi at all - just the base ROM.

There's a few .reg keys to set up some settings as I like them but again there's nothing wrong with them - I've tried going without them and still ran into issues.

It was never that I connected through wifi that was a problem, it was that wifi would turn itself on, be unresponsive, and would cause the phone's battery to die VERY fast, and the phone would be extremely slow while it was like that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

austerville is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post

It was never that I connected through wifi that was a problem, it was that wifi would turn itself on, be unresponsive, and would cause the phone's battery to die VERY fast, and the phone would be extremely slow while it was like that.
I've had some occasional issues with battery life, where the battery appeared to drain for no apparent reason. After seeing some of your earlier threads I checked whether wifi was running when that happened and I didn't see it in comm manager, but then I think I remembered you saying that sometimes it didn't show in comm manager, even though wifi was actually running. How did you verify that wifi was running if it didn't show in comm manager?
Old 07-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry for the off topic question...
Juicy, I know you are big into Benchmark numbers. Have you used or like GLBenchmark program? Which one do you find to be the most accurate?

-Thanks.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

ShadowDrake: I have read your posts about your WiFi issues but couldn't remember if you flashed back to stock or not?
Old 07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hermann

abrasive is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
Anyone has the registry editor for disabling the vibration on ezinput keyboard etc...?
And is anyone else experiencing alittle freezing during the time when your typing a text message..?

TIA
on these newer builds i've noticed that the "buttons" preference pane now has some haptic feedback tabs. check em out.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick77 View Post
Sorry for the off topic question...
Juicy, I know you are big into Benchmark numbers. Have you used or like GLBenchmark program? Which one do you find to be the most accurate?

-Thanks.
I havent used it. Care to try and share numbers?

I used to use SPBenchmark2007 but the new builds of my rom make SPB crash, same case with DCD's Roms
Old 07-08-2009, 06:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

So it looks like I will be leaving the WM scene. Not without a big present first...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

marcun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by skruff77 View Post
can i get the background for the black theme. i really like it.
It's in the windows folder. It's called stwater_480_640.png and stwater_640_480.png
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stwater_480_640.jpg (2.6 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg stwater_640_480.jpg (3.7 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
So it looks like I will be leaving the WM scene. Not without a big present first...
WHAT???
Old 07-08-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
I havent used it. Care to try and share numbers?

I used to use SPBenchmark2007 but the new builds of my rom make SPB crash, same case with DCD's Roms
Sure, I'm running it right now. I will upload the numbers in a few. I have to admit though, I don't have a clue as to what some of the numbers mean.

Here are some of the results....Not don't get to offended Juicy, this was ran off of Silence 6.1 Kitchen. I will flash you lastest ROM and do a comparison test.

Last edited by Maverick77; 07-08-2009 at 06:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development