View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 03:29 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 8 - Build 090704 (23001.5.0.60) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcun View Post
Not that I can help, but what add-on/extra software are you running and what regedits do you make through UC? I've never had wifi turn itself on with any of Juicy's releases. But I also don't use the wifi, I connect via bluetooth...

But I would be willing to do some compare/contrast with your configuration to see if we can find the issue. I would even be willing to give you an image of my registry so you could compare for differences if you thought that might help...

Seems you've been chasing this one for a while...
It just appeared in the last build, and has substantially gone away in this most recent one. Though wifi hasn't turned itself on (not that I've been able to catch it), I've had it lock up and not turn on before. On the last build I had huge issues getting the phone to start too - I couldn't let it go to standby by itself while it was starting otherwise it would just lock up there. It had 4-5 minute startup times too, so soft resetting (which happened multiple times daily) was a huge hassle. There were times where I just pulled the battery and left it sit off for a few hours because I didn't want to deal with getting it started again.

I couldn't think of a bettery way to list what I have install via sashimi but this will do:
http://i30.tinypic.com/2jbp7jd.jpg

It's nothing tragically weird, and I have gone back to the program sets I've had install for previous builds (just remove new programs in case they were causing an issue) and I'd still have the same problem. I was running into the same problems without running sashimi at all - just the base ROM.

There's a few .reg keys to set up some settings as I like them but again there's nothing wrong with them - I've tried going without them and still ran into issues.

It was never that I connected through wifi that was a problem, it was that wifi would turn itself on, be unresponsive, and would cause the phone's battery to die VERY fast, and the phone would be extremely slow while it was like that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.