PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

liquidi3ladz is keeping up the good workliquidi3ladz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [Apr 24] JUICY 7 - Build 090424H (21501.5.0.70) [UC] *Rhodium Manila*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliens50 View Post
Credit goes to the original posters, I am just putting all the data in one place.
Arcsoft CDMA v5.0.82.79
(Sprint, Verizon, Alltel)

Instructions:
  1. Regardless of whether you are Sprint, Verizon, or Alltel, download and install Arcsoft CDMA v5.0.82.79 by follow instructions in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802
  2. Verizon and Alltel users have additional steps to follow for using this version of Arcsoft - posted below.

Verizon Users
(tested by other users)
You can download a cab to apply your carrier specific profile and settings. Just run the cab posted here:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=13

Verizon Profile Settings (if you need them)
Server Name: Verizon Wireless (does not matter what you name it)
GateWay: leave this field blank
Server Address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Alltel Users
(tested and working for me)

You can download a cab to apply your carrier specific settings, but you will need to manually create a new profile. Install the "dcd Alltel Carrier 20081031.cab" from here: http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F

Alltel Profile Settings (if you need them)
Server Name: Alltel MMS (does not matter what you name it)
GateWay: leave this field blank
Port Number: 8080
Server Address: http://mms-mt.alltel.net/servlets/mms
Connect Via: Alltel Wireless

How and where to manually change your MMS profile settings
(necessary after patching dcd's Alltel Carrier Cab, for example)
  1. Open "Messaging" in your start menu
  2. Choose "SMS / MMS"
  3. Click Menu
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the list and choose "Pics / Video Options"
  5. Click "Servers" Tab
  6. Click New
  7. Add Alltel profile settings then click done to save
  8. Select your "Alltel MMS" profile and click "Set as Default"
  9. Select "Sprint" profile and delete.
Request: I don't know how to change the "Maximum Message Size Limit" for Alltel to 300k. Does anyone know the specific registry settings I need to change that will let me change the "Send Limit" for Alltel to 300k? Thanks in advance.

Arcsoft CDMA v5.0.69.44
(Verizon & Alltel easy-install allternative)

If you don't need the latest and greatest, Verizon and Alltel users can download and install their specific carrier cabs found here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...30&postcount=5
thanks. i seem to get a originator address not found error.. any ideas?
Old 04-25-2009, 12:47 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate.spangler View Post
'

i use dbpoweramp to convert and they sounded good on my phone. i have them in a better quality but its 38mb do you want that?

edit : here they arehttp://www.mediafire.com/?mzm2m4dnznu
Thanks. I got mine converted and they sound great - they're just 66 MB, so before I finalize this, I'll see how yours sound and if there's a significant quality difference.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

nate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on repnate.spangler is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
Thanks. I got mine converted and they sound great - they're just 66 MB, so before I finalize this, I'll see how yours sound and if there's a significant quality difference.
i wouldnt bother unrar mine and you will see that is 61mb
Old 04-25-2009, 12:55 AM
aliens50

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidi3ladz View Post
thanks. i seem to get a originator address not found error.. any ideas?
Did you go through the "Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab" process? If you have or had a previous version of Arcsoft,
  1. Uninstall the Arcsoft software by going to Settings --> Remove Programs
  2. Install and/or run "Remove PictureMail & Arcsoft.cab", cab and instructions found here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61802
  3. I would personally soft-reset at this point
  4. Install the v8.0.82.79 cab
  5. Soft-reset if it doesn't force you to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

izzyforreal is just getting started
Question Re: JUICY 7 - Exchange Server question

Hi: I have a question. I've tried both Juicy 7 and Mighty 5 and I had the same problem with both of them. Here's the deal: My current Exchange Server requires that I use the Auto-discover method of configuring the e-mail client. In other words, I can't put in a server name, etc. I must put in my user name and PW and let the client search the web for the correct server and then configure itself. This works fine on Mighty Mike 4.16, but doesn't work on the two 6.5 versions I have tried so far. Has anyone been able to configure their e-mail client for Exchange in this way on Juicy 7? Thanks.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:10 AM
aliens50

Re: JUICY 7 - Exchange Server question

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
Hi: I have a question. I've tried both Juicy 7 and Mighty 5 and I had the same problem with both of them. Here's the deal: My current Exchange Server requires that I use the Auto-discover method of configuring the e-mail client. In other words, I can't put in a server name, etc. I must put in my user name and PW and let the client search the web for the correct server and then configure itself. This works fine on Mighty Mike 4.16, but doesn't work on the two 6.5 versions I have tried so far. Has anyone been able to configure their e-mail client for Exchange in this way on Juicy 7? Thanks.
In short, no I haven't had to setup exchange using this method.

Do you get any error messages in active sync? If so, what error codes?

I would try manually inputting your outlook settings just to see if they work. If you have OWA (outlook web access), you can use that as your server entry (example: webmail.mycompany.com). If that gives you an error in active sync, post that error code as well.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Just installed the latest Juicy rom and to my suprise it does not have ShutFXP when you press and hold power button on top??? I thought all roms are using this extremely helpfull utility mapped to power button by now, i use it few times a day to reboot the phone, how would i go about mapping it to the power button, anyone? Also no Total Commander? I think file explorer should be replaced by Total Comander since its by far a superior software and easy to use as compared to featureless file explorer, slow(compare opening windows drirectory on the 2 for example), just 2 cents of the new Jouicy user(have been using most other ROMS for a while now though

When you can tether for free?: D

Last edited by pesok; 04-25-2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:42 AM
aliens50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesok View Post
Just installed the latest Juicy rom and to my suprise it does not have ShutFXP when you press and hold power button on top??? I thought all roms are using this extremely helpfull utility mapped to power button by now, i use it few times a day to reboot the phone, how would i go about mapping it to the power button, anyone? Also no Total Commander? I think file explorer should be replaced by Total Comander since its by far a superior software and easy to use as compared to featureless file explorer, slow(compare opening windows drirectory on the 2 for example), just 2 cents of the new Jouicy user(have been using most other ROMS for a while now though
Welcome to the wonderful world of Juicy Roms. One thing to keep in mind about Juicy's releases is that they are minimalistic, fast, and responsive.

Not everyone will use total commander. I personally use Resco file explorer. The beauty of what Juicy has created is a stable foundation for which you can play and test whichever programs you prefer.

If you don't like manually installing your cabs after every hard-reset, I would suggest searching for "cabviaactivesync", "User Customization (UC)", and "Sashimi"

As far as psShutXP
Official site: http://ppcsoft.narod.ru/english/
Mapping touch pro buttons: http://www.mobilitydigest.com/lets-map-more-buttons/

Last edited by aliens50; 04-25-2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Misspelled Sashimi
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:54 AM
ShadowDrake

Uploading now, and running the final sashimi test on my device. Phew, this took a while.

Two files coming.

A .zip which is the files for SASHIMI! Please back up your Sashimi directory before you add the contents of this .zip file... this way, when time comes to undo the changes, you can just restore your backup. This will replace the ringers, set the default ringers to the .wav variants, and add the Opera cab to your cab folder. Just unzip it to your existing sashimi directory, and go.

The first, though, is a .cab file which everyone can use. It will place all of the .wav ringers in the \Windows directory, and set the notifications in the registry to the original hard reset defaults. The new, replaced ringers will be named something like "Ring Innovation" instead of "Ring-Innovation" ...

As a side note, this .cab is UNTESTED! Use at your own risk. I have no clue what a 60mb cab will do, nor how long it will take to install.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F7V4CUFN

Here's the .zip for Sashimi users. You could use the .cab too, I guess... I personally have not tested it though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WTXKXGDV

Edit: Couple of small things, looking at it this morning...

Rings are extracted to the \Windows folder, TF3D doesn't look here for rings, moving them to \Windows\Rings corrects this, I'll change the uploaded files. Sorry, I just wanted to get to bed last night

Edit 2: New links posted, problems fixed. Enjoy.

Last edited by ShadowDrake; 04-25-2009 at 05:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

I really, really like this ROM, but there's only one deal-breaking issue for me...Is there any way to add SocialNetworksEngine to this rom instead of the separate Facebook app?

The app is OK, but I got really used to being able to snap a shot, then uploading to FB right away.

Other than that, top notch work! Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development