PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: JUICY 6 - Build 090406H (21042) [UC] *RHODIUM MANILA*

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcun View Post

What scuccia posted would work in 6.1, but I think you might be running into an issue with 6.5 that sets the "Windows Default" Today plug-in as "exclusive". If you don't disable it first, it probably won't let you enable Touchflo 3D. Just a guess though...
The issue is just changing the registry for the Today Items does NOT disable/enable what is loaded. You must go into Today settings, then to the items tab, then click OK.

That's why I now import the XML to set my Today Items the way I want them, then I run a MortScript to activate the newly selected today items. If someone wants to see how I'm doing this let me know and I'll go into more detail...

EDIT: I think if Today Items are set through the RGU before building the ROM then when you boot up, you should have the desired Today Items load by default.

Last edited by scuccia; 04-15-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

ah...Winmo 6.5. hmmm... It looks like I'm gonna be running 090328H for a very long time...

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
ah...Winmo 6.5. hmmm... It looks like I'm gonna be running 090328H for a very long time...
Actually I'm going to say the opposite. I've been dying to get to a 6.5 ROM that works and doesn't have extra crap or inexcusable bugs. Starmans' rom seems nice, but each of the versions has a major bug which prevents me from switching. I used titanium for a little while and quickly fell in love with it. The option of both the WM6.5 home screen and TF3D would be fantastic, because I'm sure my mood will change and having both on the same ROM would allow me to keep everything the way it was.

I was thinking of flashing starmans' ROM but while waiting on the download, I saw Juicy's screenshot of 6.5. Hopefully this comes around soon.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

marcun is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuccia View Post
The issue is just changing the registry for the Today Items does NOT disable/enable what is loaded. You must go into Today settings, then to the items tab, then click OK.

That's why I now import the XML to set my Today Items the way I want them, then I run a MortScript to activate the newly selected today items. If someone wants to see how I'm doing this let me know and I'll go into more detail...

EDIT: I think if Today Items are set through the RGU before building the ROM then when you boot up, you should have the desired Today Items load by default.
Perhaps a reset is needed... if I change the registry value for "enable" from "0" to "1" and then reset (which happens at the end of UC anyway) then TouchFLO starts up enabled. The reverse works for disabling it as well...
Old 04-15-2009, 08:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kaede132 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaede132 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaede132 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkaede132 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith94 View Post
Thanks! Could you suggest a hex editor for either PC or PPC, or just post or PM your modified file?
my preferred hex editor is hex workshop. it's pretty easy for me to use. open up 1c684cd8_manila and goto address 0x000055BE. the unicode text dd.MM will be there. change that to MM.dd if you want the date format to appear as 04.15 (today's date). i changed mine to MMM d so it'll be appear as Apr 15.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker

scuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on repscuccia is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcun View Post
Perhaps a reset is needed... if I change the registry value for "enable" from "0" to "1" and then reset (which happens at the end of UC anyway) then TouchFLO starts up enabled. The reverse works for disabling it as well...
Yes, a restart will do this. I was just trying to automate it all at once.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Anyone get an installation error when installing MS .NET CF 3.5? I have ran it twice both after a soft reset, an installation error has popped up both times.

It says to: Stop all applications and processes maximize available storage space and run installation again. Support info: 3.

Didn't know if anyone else has run into this...

The file size is 6.5 mb and I have 100 mb free... Do I have to turn TF3D2 off?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
Anyone get an installation error when installing MS .NET CF 3.5? I have ran it twice both after a soft reset, an installation error has popped up both times.

It says to: Stop all applications and processes maximize available storage space and run installation again. Support info: 3.

Didn't know if anyone else has run into this...

The file size is 6.5 mb and I have 100 mb free... Do I have to turn TF3D2 off?
I HAVE gotten this error, and I've posted about it but I didn't get any responses. Well, my post got lost, lol.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jpc0480 is becoming a great contributor

Well maybe we can get some answers...
Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc0480 View Post
Well maybe we can get some answers...
I thought it was included in the Rom...

Anyways, I believe deleting this Key from the registry will allow you to install it.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework

Delete .NETCompactFramework and try to install again...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development