PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about this idea?
Good idea 22 26.51%
Could work, let's give it a shot 44 53.01%
Bad idea/Won't work/Don't bother 17 20.48%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2009, 10:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Review/Rating Thread Idea

I agree. Go for it im sure we will help as much as we can. I know I will.

It is going to be a hard task since the releases from most Cooks are very constant but hey it can be done.
Good luck and lets get it done!!!

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

I must admit this is one of the more tamer threads discussing competing roms. I'll sticky this for a while until the OP has his other post together, and y'all keep posting credible and meaningful material.

Let's not let this one get bogged down with that other stuff.

late,
Coz
Old 02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
I must admit this is one of the more tamer threads discussing competing roms. I'll sticky this for a while until the OP has his other post together, and y'all keep posting credible and meaningful material.

I agree. Let's no get bogged down with "stuff" in this thread. It is a great idea. I for one don't feel like I am competing with the other Chef's. I am doing this for fun... (twisted I know) and I consider most of our ROMs complimentary. We all offer something a little different.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post

late,
Coz
What "stuff" might you be reffering to? ahahahaha... No no no, dont answer.

I agree. Lets get this puppy rolling. I got a new release coming out this weekend as well....... Its fat!

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Oh phew....when I saw this stickied I was freaking out yelling to myself "NO NO NO, I'm not ready yet" LOL

This will be even more motivation for me though. Some adjustments have been made at work, so I get off substatially earlier now, that and with the weekend coming up, I should have a good version of the thread by the weekend. I am still on schedule for the rough draft presentation to the cooks to be done tonight as well.

Just a reminder cooks, giving me a 3 color theme and how you would like your name to be written would help me out
Old 02-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Indie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIndie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never intended there to be a poll, and your suggestions support me in that have furthered encouraged me to not make one. I feel the rating system I have thought up, will provide a fair, balanced, and mostly postive feed to all of the cooks/rom envolved. I will have more information on how this will work as well for you cooks soon also, and will be open to suggestions and changes.

Edit, just saw Scott's post. i agree that a features breakdown would be a great help, I will add that to the to do list. A little info on my rating system is that again, people would only be allowed to rate one rom, which will most likely be their favorite, so a majority of the feedback will be positive. It wouldn't simply be a overall rating of the rom, but broken down rating of different categories, such as speed, features, presentation, etc etc of the rom. This may be axed altogether, but I think it would create a fair assesment of the roms. For instance, one may have a avg of 9 for speed, and another of 7, but the 7 may have more features included, so it would get a 9 for that, while the faster one may get a 7. There are comparisons obviously involved, but I feel that it is a positive and fair comparison. Again, I will have more info for the cooks throughout the weekend. If you have feedback on what I just shared, feel free to reply or PM me.

Last edited by Indie; 02-06-2009 at 02:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indie View Post
I never intended there to be a poll, and your suggestions support me in that have furthered encouraged me to not make one. I feel the rating system I have thought up, will provide a fair, balanced, and mostly postive feed to all of the cooks/rom envolved. I will have more information on how this will work as well for you cooks soon also, and will be open to suggestions and changes.
Cool cool! Lets do it.

You got my support!
Old 02-06-2009, 02:46 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

XDA-Devs is about developers & hackers helping each other and working together to get the most out of our devices by understanding them better than most.

XDA-Devs is not about helping everyone who wants a "Kewl bit of kit" make their phone better than the guy next to him.

I hate to be the nay sayer but what is the benefit from this .... what do new comers gain .... what do a person who is wanting to learn how to make a rom getting from this ..... The quote from above came from XDA when I saw it ... it changed my thinking about cooking and sharing ... that is why I stoped "protecting" my roms (that and you can still dump them anyway lol) but honestly I think that this is just another comparison thread just more candy coated .....to keep this real ..... most of the users here go by faith in a certain "cook" and don't really try most roms longer then a week if that . So my point is this is what kinda makes most people kinda shy away from here not because they can't handle the comparison but because of the nature of what is going on .... and the lack of gaining knowledge .... and to throw this out there but the so-called "fanboys" is what creates the egos of most "chefs" so without these "fanboys" where would your "chef" be .... making my point that this "idea" would be biased ..... and somewhat political .... so in spirit maybe PPCGeeks should keep the idea of frowning of threads like these
Old 02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman

MaskedLion is keeping up the good workMaskedLion is keeping up the good work

you're right, I didn't.

Last edited by MaskedLion; 02-07-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:50 AM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedLion View Post
It is this exact attitude/ego that should be guarded against, not the person who is trying to understand but the person who is trying to prevent understanding and colaborative discussion. I didn't realize I had to be a "ROM Developer" to join this community, at least that wasn't on the TOS. I thought this was more about making the most out of our devices, and since "the most" means something different to almost everyone it is important to identify what "the most" is in each of the different ROMs. If they aren't different, then why do we have more than one?? What is your fear? That other's ROMs will be more along the lines of what the majority is seeking?
This is not meant to be an attack on you jak, it is just your view of a ROM comparison thread that is shared by others that I don't understand. No I don't think that everyone should have to flash every ROM out there, just to understand what they are like. There is a risk to flashing, or else why would every ROM maker put the "What you do to your device is your problem" line in their thread?
you did not read my post right
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development