PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Put those specific ringers directly in \My Documents\
You can also stick them in Windows\ I did not know that it would work in My Documents\. I noticed that all the original sound files for events were stored in Windows\ so I just added them there.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mteele is a n00b
Re: [ROM] [MAY.08.09] [[MightyROM5]] Windows® Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsDon View Post
I had this same issue but found out how to make it work. Open each of the individual setting folders, choose your options and then close (save) each one. Once you've done all of them exit out and then it will know you have "run setup" and just go to work. It's an amazing little program.

Yeah I tried that and still wont run for me...

I also think something may be wrong with my dialer. I know you have to disable the HTC phone canvas to get this to work properly but the stock WM 6.5 dialer I have showing is but ugly!!! The buttons are shaded half black, the talk and end buttons are a dull green/red...is this normal?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Verizon

droopydawg is becoming a great contributor
Re: [ ROM ] [ CDMA ] [ HERMAN ] [ 05.28.09 ] [ Windows® Build 21725 ] MightyROM5

I upgraded to MightyROM5 05.24.09 last Sunday morning (24 May). Here's my feedback.

For background, I had been on 4.12 (32MB pagepool) since the end of February, having previously used several prior revs of MightyROM. Wanted to point out that although 4.12 was impeccably stable, performance gradually degraded (boot time, general use, etc.) over the last couple of months. Not having reflashed or hard reset (since last flash) during that time, I assumed the degradation was due to something non-hardware related, along the lines of file fragmentation. Something worthy for you flash junkies to note: if you go cold turkey for a few months, you might encounter similar gradual degradation. Flashed MightyROM5 05.24.09, and the performance degradation vanished.

Here's my specs:

* Device: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
* Carrier: Verizon Wireless
* Radio: Sprint 1.03.03V (stock)
* ROM Page Pool: default (loaded the EXE as-is)
* Added CAB's: Arcsoft MMS (Calkulin, Verizon), HTC GPS Tool, BeeJive, Skype, Battery Monitor (Arelas), PHM Reg Edit, Red Theme (LilRico)
* ActiveSync: Direct Push, Exchange 2003 SP2 (via SSL), Windows Server 2003 SP2

Here's what I've come up with in upgrading 4.12 to 5 [05.24.09] so far (and yes, I performed a Hard Reset via Clear Storage prior to configuring)...

TESTS (all succeeded)

* Phone (send and receive)
* ##DIAG#, ##PRL#, ##PST#
* Long Press End Key (set to Terminate Data Connection)
* SMS (send and receive)
* MMS (send and receive)
* Voicemail notification
* Data (carrier)
* WiFi
* Direct Push (both before and after phone calls, over both carrier data and WiFi)
* Media (jpg, mp3, mp4)
* GPS (Google Maps)
* Alarm
* Camera (both photo and video)
* Uploader: Facebook (both carrier data and WiFi)
* Uploader: YouTube (only carrier data and WiFi)

IMPROVEMENTS

* Stability: Once we got over the hump of the first day (see below in issues), this ROM has been more stable than 4.12. With 4.12, I got in the habit of soft resetting every morning to help prevent a lot of various issues that would arise, but with 5 [5.24.09], this is entirely unnecessary. I'm just at the end of 3 days without resetting, and the phone is still running as smoothly as after a reset! AWESOME!

* Windows Mobile 6.5: Although the new Zune-ish Today screen didn't really turn me on (I'm still running TF3D), the new finger-friendly features are great, leaving very few tasks for which I have to break out the stylus. The increased space between icons and selections definitely results in more scrolling, but it's much less of a hassle than a lot of the mis-clicks (read: calling the wrong contact from Call History) I was having before. New Start Menu is nice, too, but we could definitely have a more efficient way of customizing the layout. Still, me likey a lot.

ISSUES

* Stability (ONLY ON FIRST BATTERY CYCLE): The first day I was running the new ROM, my phone hung a total of three times (twice while working in Contacts, once in Opera), requiring a soft reset via the stylus each time. Further, I set my alarm before going to sleep and awoke to find that the phone hung once more: this time, just on the home screen with the screen turned off. Fortunately, I have a habit of waking up before alarms anyway, but this had me on the verge of reverting to 4.12. I was patient, however, and after fully draining and recharging the battery, it hasn't hung since. Again, since the first full cycle on the battery, this ROM has been completely, 100% solid and stable. I'm not entirely sure why I had these hangs the first day, but others might encounter them too. HANG IN THERE and give it a full battery cycle before deciding to reflash!

* SMS/Texting Lag: Typing text messages lags intermittently, but when it does, it's bad. I'm not all that fast on my thumbs, but I easily get two words ahead of the display when it starts lagging. Can't figure out why it works well when it does, but I'll continue looking for trends.

* Task Manager Lag: Task Manager seems to be much less responsive in bringing up the list of open applications than in 4.12. I find myself often tapping the screen, waiting, then re-tapping it (thinking that the tap didn't register), only to find the list appear then immediately disappear (registering both taps). Trying to get into the habit of tapping and waaaaaaaaiting. :P

* Signal Strength Icon: Whereas in 4.12, my signal strength icon was maxed out in a downtown area, the new icon is showing only two bars in the very same location. Voice and data performance seem to be the same as before, however, so I'm guessing the thresholds for each bar in the display might be different in this new ROM. Anyone else notice this or have any more info?

Things like TF3D speed, battery life, and most common tasks seem to be about the same as a fresh flash of 4.12, which were HUGELY improved over previous MightyROM revs, and light years ahead of the stock ROM. To maintain that kind of performance while upgrading a Microsoft OS is an achievement! Bravo, MightyMike, and thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro --> Touch Pro 2
Carrier: vzw

saidin69 is keeping up the good worksaidin69 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to saidin69 Send a message via MSN to saidin69

Great ROM! Thanks for all your hard work.

Has anyone else got the problem now that you cant charge your phone with any USB cable except the special one that came with the phone? I can no longer use regular USB chargers.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidin69@hotmail.com View Post

Has anyone else got the problem now that you cant charge your phone with any USB cable except the special one that came with the phone? I can no longer use regular USB chargers.
not really a rom related question. But to answer your question, no, i haven't had that issue. I've used my Apache and Mogul cables with this phone.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 06-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularItsDon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidin69@hotmail.com View Post

Certain cables work and others don't. I think it has something to do with the pin count inside (some MP3 player cables don't have all the pins). Many many non HTC cable do work though, just try some different ones. Thicker cables usually work the best for me.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cpnichols is a n00b

OK... So I am back on Mighty Rom for right now. I have bounced around for a bit. But generally, I give myself the rule that I try to stay with a rom for a week or so.

The last time I was on Mighty Rom, I had an issue with the phone freezing for a few sec for a few secs under certain conditions. This is a very annoying feature for an otherwise stable and nice rom. I tried to look through the 1360 pages of posts but had a hard time finding a specific fix to my issue.

I freezes when I have browse the progams in TF3D, and under many of the games I play. Sorry to do this, but someone else MUST be having this issue as well and has a solution. Should I use the 6.1 version of mighty rom?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:50 AM
N00b

b_mendez77054 is a n00b

Quote:
Actually yes! Try the attached .cab

It's just got updated today and does some amazing things like turning on the bluetooth when you get a call and turning it back off (or leave it on) after the call ends. Saves me from having to do it manually, just another battery saving technique. Here is a link to XDA for info on this locking program: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451

It works great with WM6.5 and the stock lock (which spanks S2A BTW) but you need to disable the HTC volume control and also return to the stock dialer (which is very very nice in 6.5, not the butt ugly one that was in WM6.1).

Advanced Config. will let you disable the phone canvas. I'm attaching a cab for that as well as one that automatically disables the HTC volume. The package together works awesome. S2A is a PITA.
thanks for your help. but im just running into a little problem i sucefullly followed all the steps and ohhh the dialer is so much cool. well the little problems is when i try to load up the program it says run the set up program first and thats what im doing. so i must be doing something wrong... oh btw no slide to unlock when an incoming call?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:57 AM
N00b

b_mendez77054 is a n00b

Quote:
I had this same issue but found out how to make it work. Open each of the individual setting folders, choose your options and then close (save) each one. Once you've done all of them exit out and then it will know you have "run setup" and just go to work. It's an amazing little program.
i tryed it but no luck
Old 06-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopydawg View Post
* Signal Strength Icon: Whereas in 4.12, my signal strength icon was maxed out in a downtown area, the new icon is showing only two bars in the very same location. Voice and data performance seem to be the same as before, however, so I'm guessing the thresholds for each bar in the display might be different in this new ROM. Anyone else notice this or have any more info?
There is a cab floating around to put your signal strength back to the stock 7 bars. That being said, since trying 5-8 and now 5-24, I noticed my signal strength looks basically like it did when I was running the stock ROM and radio. The Telus 1.04 on the stock ROM did improve my bars. But Telus 1.04 on these MR5 ROMs seems to have fewer bars. But, like you, I have not really noticed a service or data speed problem (but haven't specifically tested for it either). No idea what would cause that.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development