PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

drjdrj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 24th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.15 [20771] *NEW TF3D

No problem deleting the forcast_cache.db but I don't see the file in the windows directory to overwrite. I assume i unzip it to put it there.

Only 2 issues I have is the weather crashes and the clock crashes. Any thoughts?

Thanks !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_IV View Post
Not sure about the clock, but for the weather, do both...

Delete \Application Data\HTC\databases\forecast_cache.db

AND

replace the 2330fc3c_manila file in the \windows directory with the attached.

Now if we can just get some color to TF2
Old 03-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

gravitron is a n00b
Re: [March 24th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.15 [20771] *NEW TF3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
You can thank the fantastic folks at HTC for letting Qualcomm **** them once again for video drivers for the ****ty landscape performance when it comes to rendering the rhodium menus. I would rather have to old style menus, any way to do that without going back to 4.14?
Well, that's several requests along the same lines as mine (about 40 screens back!). Is there any way to get the old style menus, while keeping the goodness of 4.15?
Old 03-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjdrj View Post
No problem deleting the forcast_cache.db but I don't see the file in the windows directory to overwrite. I assume i unzip it to put it there.

Only 2 issues I have is the weather crashes and the clock crashes. Any thoughts?

Thanks !!!
If you are using File Explorer then you won't see it(it doesn't show hidden/system files). You need to use Resco Explorer or Total Commander in order to see it and write it to the Windows Directory.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywing269 View Post
anyone else unable to open the clock/time settings in the TF3D2 build? If I tap the clock to open settings it just crashes TF3D and it restarts itself. Any fix for this?

edit: nevermind guys, I think a device restart fixed this.
Not fixing for me.. it just restarts the tf3d... but I might not need to touch the time anyway as I depend on GAlarm for alarms...
Old 03-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

drjdrj is a n00b

Hmm...how did you get it to work????

If I could get these two things solved man I would be all set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
fyi... it seems that the fix for the weather tab also fixes the clock issues as well

at least it did for me... anyone feel like cabbing this for noobs?

side note... i know its beta but just putting it out there for people on the fence about flashing to tf3d2... the stocks and mail tabs still have alignment issues in landscape... the new start menu interface albeit nice is a little un-finger friendly to access (esp. if you have a hard case and big thumbs)... the regular 4.15 and the beta tf2 both render the rhodium menus slowly in landscape mode... the soft keys in some tabs are glitchy... but it is very well refined for a beta product... as is it is very usable but a bit frustrating if you are expecting the snappy new typical mighty experience

theres my 2 cents...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Reno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good workReno is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
Your right about one thing...it's not about the quantity of the posts but the quality...
And I hate to break it to both of you...neither of your posts are adding to your quality count!

Mike I have been procrastinating on flashing the last 3 releases (I have 4.12 in now) because that 4.12 is so stable and every time you tempt me with a new flash you release another one!

This TF3D2 thing has me already preparing for my next flash!

One Quick Q...
How did you get around the 21XXX spec on Rhodium Menu enhancements?
replace GWES.exe, here is a thread about it http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61342 (:

used this during 4.12,13,14

btw nice TF3D2 ROM, flashed to it, but had to flash back to 4.15, just going to wait it out keep up the good work
Old 03-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex
Quote:
drjdrj 07:53 AM Today

Thanks !!!
the weather fix seems to fix both issues... the windows file is there but is 0 bytes... turn of tf3d2 and do both and you should be golden
Old 03-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Not fixing for me.. it just restarts the tf3d... but I might not need to touch the time anyway as I depend on GAlarm for alarms...
See my post on the previous page. The fix for the weather will also fix the Clock/Alarm issue too

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-24-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex

Quote:
mightymike 10:27 PM Yesterday
Just incase you guys encounter the weather tab crashing. Not all users may experience this, but if so visit here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...40&postcount=4

quick fix.

It's very random amongst users
follow the instructions from the xda fix site.... and it should fix the problem...
Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

spivey8 is just getting started

anyone else having a problem with the sms screen, when i go to landscape mode, the part where you write your message moves up a 1/4 of the way and blocks part of the messages. thanks
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development