PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jay7red is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [July 18th, 2009] MightyROM6 -- www.MightyROM.com

I went back to mr5 because mr6 didn't have slide to unlock. FIrst question is: why? Second, is there a cab for it?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Fixter is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Fixter

I had a question. I'm using the latest MR6 and right now I'm using the Telus V1.04.05V, I'm trying to find the best radio for this Rom, and apparently this seems to be the best. Will I still get the 1x of the signal strength or just the EV? I'm gonna keep testing between Telus and Sprint TP Radio V1.03.15F and Sprint Radio V1.11.00F R. Any help is appreciate it.

Last edited by Fixter; 07-21-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman
Carrier: Telus

Van G is just getting started

Newb to MR. Going to flash the MR6 18/07 update.

How can I include customizations in the flashing, like personal settings and appz, as I did with BuildOS?

Telus Rhodium - Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.Cookie.1.8.5.Jul.04 - Radio 1.92.00WV - Voyager 510
Old 07-21-2009, 10:31 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay7red View Post
I went back to mr5 because mr6 didn't have slide to unlock. FIrst question is: why? Second, is there a cab for it?
MR6 does have slide to unlock. go to

Start > Settings > Lock > Display tab

Change the drop down to "Windows Default" instead of "Windows Classic"

voila!!! slide to unlock!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:37 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van G View Post
Newb to MR. Going to flash the MR6 18/07 update.

How can I include customizations in the flashing, like personal settings and appz, as I did with BuildOS?
You'll typcially get one of two responses....UC or Sashimi. Personaly I'm a fan of the latter, and this is a great starting point.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:41 PM
N00b

Fixter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
MR6 does have slide to unlock. go to

Start > Settings > Lock > Display tab

Change the drop down to "Windows Default" instead of "Windows Classic"

voila!!! slide to unlock!!!
Can't this be set so that when I press the power button to shut of the display, and press it again, the slide feature comes on? Like on the iPod Touch or iPhone?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Cochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuffCochoz knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Cochoz Send a message via MSN to Cochoz Send a message via Yahoo to Cochoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixter View Post
I had a question. I'm using the latest MR6 and right now I'm using the Telus V1.04.05V, I'm trying to find the best radio for this Rom, and apparently this seems to be the best. Will I still get the 1x of the signal strength or just the EV? I'm gonna keep testing between Telus and Sprint TP Radio V1.03.15F and Sprint Radio V1.11.00F R. Any help is appreciate it.
There's no such thing as "Best RADIO for a ROM" Radio is just the signal. Different ROMs have different results everywhere. Just because Telus its one of the most used ones; it does not mean that it'll be the best for your location.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:45 PM
N00b

Fixter is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochoz View Post
There's no such thing as "Best RADIO for a ROM" Radio is just the signal. Different ROMs have different results everywhere. Just because Telus its one of the most used ones; it does not mean that it'll be the best for your location.
I said : "Apparently this might be the best." Because I have been testing it for several hours. My main concern is if I'm going to have the 1x icon at the top even if I use different radio frequencies.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by covkid66 View Post
Just to be clear...are you saying that even after you soft reset and/or removed the battery the screen would not clear. Or that after a reset, as soon as you opened a program and tried to go back to the home screen it did the same thing?

If the former, then....wow! Personally I'd be trying the now common "flash to stock, flash to MR6, Clear Storage".

If the latter then I'd ask if you tried this without loading any additional cabs first i.e. try it with a fresh hard reset for a spell before loading any cabs...in case it's something you're loading.
The problematic today screen started right after a soft reset. It would show the background image and top and bottom bars, but the bars would be solid black instead of transparent. Also, the Windows Default screen wouldn't show up. It looked like Windows Default was unchecked, when indeed it was checked. Then if I started a program, followed by pressing the end key (to go back to the today screen), the program would still show up instead of the today screen. Bottom line, once a program was started, there was no way to get back to the today screen. The Start Menu would come up fine, but no today screen.

The two things I installed recently were the new HTC Wi-Fi Sharing cab and the Sprint-Update-Profile-&-PRL.cab files mentioned a few pages back in this thread. I noticed the Sprint Update cab was problematic out of the box, though others reported success using it. Was a program conflict? Not sure.

Since I couldn't resolve the problem from soft resets, pulling out the battery or exchanging it, the only other solution was to run Clear Storage. Now everything is fine, but I wonder what would cause it to get back to that unstable situation again.

Nonetheless, the idea of flashing to stock and back to MR6 sounds like a good one. That will probably be my next step. Thanks for your help, covkid66.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixter View Post
Can't this be set so that when I press the power button to shut of the display, and press it again, the slide feature comes on? Like on the iPod Touch or iPhone?
hmmm.... not that I know of. I use PocketShield which does exactly what you're talking about. I don't think it looks quite as pretty but I haven't had any issues with it interfering with Slide2Answer that's cooked into this ROM. The Windows Default lock screen will interfere with the Slide2Answer and you'll most likely end up missing some calls.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development