PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.16 [20771] [UC] [24M

Since I've been quiet for a real long time since I went into development on MR5, I'll give you guys a synopsis on what to expect.

For starters,

MightyROM5 WILL NOT be for everyone. As i stroll through Juicy's thread, I can already see the disappointment with the 6.5 Start Menu, etc. My ROM will include the 6.5 Menu, so I can understand if everyone is not on the same boat as 6.1.

Upon bootup, you will be greeted by the new 6.5 Titanium interface. That being said, the original TF3D is included within the rom and can easily be applied by setting it in your Today Settings. Manila2 will not be introduced until a stable release is made.

There are NO bugs within the rom. This thing has been tested to the bone. Many times, Many flashes. I actually have had a "BUILD A DAY" theme going for MightyROM5, in which I created a new build every day with new tweaks, etc. Myself and Rico have tested these for the last week. There's about 10+ Builds over the last week.

This being said, if MightyROM5 is not for you, I am estatic that 4.16 is VERY stable and users who aren't pleased can always fall back on that release, rather than knowing that a previous release is buggy, in which it isn't.

I am sure everyone will be pleased with the newest release.

For the number of users who LOVE Copper. You'll definitely Love MightyROM5.

I am working with Rico to have some of our own Pre-Made designer themes. This is why the rom will take a few more days to be released. I hope everyone can understand that.

I am not teasing, I am meerly keeping everyone "in the loop"

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajskhan View Post
Get out for your signature.

FYI Mighty - I love your ROMS. Recently I went to: Juicy, StarRom, Phantom Rom, but in the end made a full circle back to my good ol' trusty 4.16. I absolutely LOVE this rom. I think it is HORRIBLE that people say stuff like this.

Thanks for your hardwork. Thanks for your effort. But most of all: thanks for putting up with all the ungrateful PPCGeeks.

(oh but I couldn't have a post without a question Would MR5 have TouchFlo 1 or the Rhodium one? I really like the original because its stable, sleek, and so usable.)

Once again: thank you!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.16 [20771] [UC] [24M

I think i'll give Juicy's a spin tonight and see.. I did the same last time for about a day and went back to 4.16..
I stilll think 6.5 is slower.. I like a nice quick reponsive rom. I do love the different look of everything in 6.5 tho! I am sure i will stick with MR5 though.

Cannot wait to flash! Poor phone is prolly going to break soon from flashing abuse.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.

Last edited by NxtGenCowboy; 04-18-2009 at 11:08 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless (Ughh.)

evanleedy is a n00b

ok wow, dont beleive me, because first off, your some dude on a computer, so whatever you do or say doesnt affect me at all. and just because my friend doesnt put apostrophes like i do makes him "fake"? find something else to cry over people.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

ajskhan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanleedy View Post
ok wow, dont beleive me, because first off, your some dude on a computer, so whatever you do or say doesnt affect me at all. and just because my friend doesnt put apostrophes like i do makes him "fake"? find something else to cry over people.
SHUTUP!

Also: I can't wait for MR5. Few more days

EDIT: also - tomorrow is my birthday, feel free to send me a trial
Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Since I've been quiet for a real long time since I went into development on MR5, I'll give you guys a synopsis on what to expect.

For starters,

MightyROM5 WILL NOT be for everyone. As i stroll through Juicy's thread, I can already see the disappointment with the 6.5 Start Menu, etc. My ROM will include the 6.5 Menu, so I can understand if everyone is not on the same boat as 6.1.

Upon bootup, you will be greeted by the new 6.5 Titanium interface. That being said, the original TF3D is included within the rom and can easily be applied by setting it in your Today Settings. Manila2 will not be introduced until a stable release is made.

There are NO bugs within the rom. This thing has been tested to the bone. Many times, Many flashes. I actually have had a "BUILD A DAY" theme going for MightyROM5, in which I created a new build every day with new tweaks, etc. Myself and Rico have tested these for the last week. There's about 10+ Builds over the last week.

This being said, if MightyROM5 is not for you, I am estatic that 4.16 is VERY stable and users who aren't pleased can always fall back on that release, rather than knowing that a previous release is buggy, in which it isn't.

I am sure everyone will be pleased with the newest release.

For the number of users who LOVE Copper. You'll definitely Love MightyROM5.

I am working with Rico to have some of our own Pre-Made designer themes. This is why the rom will take a few more days to be released. I hope everyone can understand that.

I am not teasing, I am meerly keeping everyone "in the loop"

Cheers!
would it be too much to ask for a version with no TF3D at all? I just don't want it to take up space on my phone...its kool if you cant though...
Old 04-18-2009, 11:10 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is there a way to revert back to the old start menu for 6.5. i dont mind using it if i can get back the old menu. the new menu on juicy's rom is slow when scrolling. also the programs aren't in order which makes it hard to look for stuff (endless scrolling)

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 04-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajskhan View Post
SHUTUP!

Also: I can't wait for MR5. Few more days

EDIT: also - tomorrow is my birthday, feel free to send me a trial
haha Awesome. Happy Early Bday.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic Touch 4G

Imaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuffImaginos knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Imaginos

Wow. Thin skin on some people. If someone makes statements that aren't valid, why validate them by responding?

In short - don't feed the trolls.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phistyle View Post
would it be too much to ask for a version with no TF3D at all? I just don't want it to take up space on my phone...its kool if you cant though...
I've been contemplating this decision for a long time now. It just doesn't make sense. TF3D Doesn't have any background running processes. If it is turned off, you are not losing any speed within the rom. It is meerly just taking up 10MB of rom space, in which we have TONS of that.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't even use TF3D anymore and it doens't bug me.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Lurker

slothluvchunk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanleedy View Post
Clearly my old boy, what I do does affect you.
But you're right, I'm just some dude on some computer somewhere.
Who happened to notice that you and your friend both get so excited in a flame war that you switch double l's and n's in words like "finnaly".
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development