PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mutti_wilson is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 25th, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
Click on the link in my Signature.. Funny I just added a GPS not working section. It works fully with MR5.

Your .NET CF 3.5 is erroring out BECAUSE IT'S ALREADY INSTALLED. 3.5 comes with both Mighty Rom 4.16 AND Mighty Rom 5.
I just figured out the CF 3.5 deal. Awesome

I went through your GPS fixes and still the same thing. Could it be that you are running a different radio and that is making the difference?
Old 04-27-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

MightyMike,

is 4.16 UC Compatible? Didn't see it in the release logs. I probably missed it somewhere if it is. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutti_wilson View Post
I just figured out the CF 3.5 deal. Awesome

I went through your GPS fixes and still the same thing. Could it be that you are running a different radio and that is making the difference?

It works with the stock Radio. I tried it. But I have to say with the Telus Radio I get a GPS lock in under 10 seconds. Also the Telus Radio is better on the battery too. Results with each radio will vary based on your location, network, and signal strength though.

When you go into Googlemaps, does it say "Seeking GPS (0)" ?

Billy a.k.a. LordShadowz
Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Running Mighty Rom 5 (5/8/09)
Running Telus Radio 1.04.05v

My Custom R3BORN/MR5 TF3D mods- [HERE]
My MR5 Review

VERIZON TOUCH PRO USERS, go [HERE] for Help Installing and tweaking MIGHTY ROM4 R3BORN AND MIGHTY ROM 5 with ADDED RAM, NATIVE VzW apps, Tips, Bugs with fixes, GPS Issues and essential apps attached! Updated regularly with new Info. Last Update 5/13/09
Old 04-27-2009, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
MightyMike,

is 4.16 UC Compatible? Didn't see it in the release logs. I probably missed it somewhere if it is. Thanks.
Yes its UC Compatible.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Yes its UC Compatible.

Thank you lordshadowz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:31 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumtum101 View Post
Has anyone noticed that (null) shows up before the names in text messages? This seems to happen on the first two texts in a thread.

For example a text that I start would show:

(null) Me (3:24PM):
test

Then if you exit the text thread and re-enter a bunch of rectangles show up...similar to a text editor that doesn't support a font.

I did a hard reset with the same results.

I searched this forum for the word "null" and didn't come up with anything relevant. Any ideas? Is this a known issue?
this issue was fixed. redownload the rom and flash again
Old 04-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mutti_wilson is a n00b

Quote:
It works with the stock Radio. I tried it. But I have to say with the Telus Radio I get a GPS lock in under 10 seconds. Also the Telus Radio is better on the battery too. Results with each radio will vary based on your location, network, and signal strength though.

When you go into Googlemaps, does it say "Seeking GPS (0)" ?
Yes that is the message I get in Google Maps. I walked around outside for a good 5 minutes with no locks. Is there a stock radio available that I could flash back if it is not as good?

This is the first phone I've flashed so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for the quick replies and the ROM is awesome.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

18th letter is a n00b

The slide out keyboard is basically unusable on my TP, because of the lag. If I press a letter once it will show up about 5-6, so I'm stuck using the onscreen keyboard (which is a step down from copper IMO)
Old 04-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

In my help post click on the Radio link provided. You will find the stock Verizon radio in there.

Just remember you most likely will need to hard reset after the radio update. It will relock your gps. Atleast thats what I've found.

Also there is another way without hard resetting though I don't recommend it it does work.. Download llbored's gps v2 fix cab. Install to device. Use File explorer and go into the Windows Directory and run the ppst tool and let it offline your new radio and upgrade it to unlock the gps. Then do another *228 and check all the GPS settings again.

It will work but I do recommend a hard reset if your GPS dont work after a Radio upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutti_wilson View Post
Yes that is the message I get in Google Maps. I walked around outside for a good 5 minutes with no locks. Is there a stock radio available that I could flash back if it is not as good?

This is the first phone I've flashed so I'm learning as I go. Thanks for the quick replies and the ROM is awesome.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: US Cellular

vpr5703 is just getting started

MightyMike, the new ROM is awesome! Wish I could thank you again (I already thanked you once for Mighty 4.16!) Keep up the great work. You and LilRico make some awesome stuff!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development