PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ethutch is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

OK. Well my excuse is that I was up FAR too late flashing the ROM last night.

Advanced Config is the obvious answer so others won't have to embarrass themselves. At one time I probably even knew that as I used to hang out in there a lot.

I'll go to bed earlier tonight.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Lurker

ethutch is a n00b
Re: [3-9-09] KK's Loaded ROM v1.8 Sprint and Others [OS 5.2.21015 Build 21015] [UC]

The HTC Action icon in the Programs folder of the latest build is broken (doesn't launch). I haven't found HTC Action anywhere else. Could it have been omitted?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethutch View Post
The HTC Action icon in the Programs folder of the latest build is broken (doesn't launch). I haven't found HTC Action anywhere else. Could it have been omitted?
Kev is aware of this, and has even addressed it a couple times. It will still launch from the homescreen's left soft key though.

Also, I don't know if Kev is planning on doing anything more to this version though since v2.0 is out now. However, I'll let Kev address that, but he hasn't posted in about a week. I think he's been out of town though.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 04-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

KK is back...he posted in the 2.0 thread
Old 04-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Lurker

ethutch is a n00b

I had noticed it worked from there. But I dislike broken icons so thought I'd mention it. I will shamelessly admit I did not read all 172 pages up posts. BUT, see, good things happen sometimes ---

2.0?! It comes in 2.0?!!
(paraphrased from LOTR for those who miss the humor)

Read some of the posts on that. I'll install it very soon.

Thanks
Old 04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

KevanK great rom!

After flashing about 20 roms on my sprint touch pro over the past 2 weeks, I dug deeper into the forum and found your 1.8 rom, I love this rom.

I'm a noob at this and what I was wondering, is there a way I can uninstall, many of the games, and apps that I do not need, or is there a kitchen for this rom, I would like to learn how to take this rom and edit it to suit my taste.

I am looking for a more stock sprint rom, with your mods, just not all the apps, ( No dissrespect ) I just will never use all the stuff.

Or does anyone else that uses this rom know how I can do this!

Again great rom, thanks for all the hard work.

Lionedas
Old 04-20-2009, 12:03 AM
VIP Member

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionedas View Post
I'm a noob at this and what I was wondering, is there a way I can uninstall, many of the games, and apps that I do not need, or is there a kitchen for this rom, I would like to learn how to take this rom and edit it to suit my taste.

I am looking for a more stock sprint rom, with your mods, just not all the apps, ( No dissrespect ) I just will never use all the stuff.

Or does anyone else that uses this rom know how I can do this!
You can't go back and delete anything in that's not in settings > remove programs list. Kev used the OEM's (which are uninstallable) when he made this rom to speed up customizations among other things. This was a "loaded" rom remember. There are a couple of clean or cleaner roms out there, and you can just install your stuff there. But it doesn't hurt your device to have these "extra" programs on there, we have more than enough memory, and I'm sure you've set up shortcuts to launch your favorite programs.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:29 PM
N00b

lonjam is a n00b

thanks for this
Old 05-07-2009, 10:34 PM
N00b

ginkilla is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ginkilla Send a message via Yahoo to ginkilla

So what are the odds of getting a few things in this rom fixed? I've been using 2.0 Final for about a week now and am really not liking it

I know mike had posted a fix for the text message count, and there are a couple other small improvements I've seen...
Old 05-27-2009, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

illwafer is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to illwafer

just went back to this rom after trying every other rom imaginable. it's nice to have something work like you expect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development