PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SupaSnipaX is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: (1-21-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V3.2 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.5.0.0)}Blaz

I can't open the Video Links in the programs menu.. It says the applications that runs with it has not yet been opened.. I've opened up everything, any suggestions?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nodrogkam is just getting started
Re: (1-21-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V3.2 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.5.0.0)}Blaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffyDuffles View Post
i flashed 3.2 last night but i had 3 issues.
1 - whenever i typed text (in any program) a black box at the bottom of the screen would pop up and display what was being typed even tho the program i was in displayed what was already being typed. (i'm a textaholic and it was annoying because i played with all the settings yet couldnt find a way to turn it off)

2 - touchflo 3D kept relaunching itself every 2 to 3 minutes for whatever reason

3 -whenever i was in a program and opened the slide-out keyboard, it would kick me out of whatever program i was in and went to the landscape tf3d

i flashed the rom twice and got the same results on the 2nd fash. basically, i regressed and flashed version 2.8.5 because it was way more stable to me
Your first problem is typical of a lot of roms. It's basically t9 activated by default settings. Next time it does come up, go ahead and press FN and Space bar then choose ABC. I had to do that to get rid of that predictive text t9.

No clue about your 2nd problem.

Thrid problem is something i've experienced with past roms, or when i seem to tweek roms...so it could be something you've changed or installed.
I have yet to run into that kind of problem.

MERDIN: 1 problem i did run into was trying to change the volume within YouTube. If i press the hardkeys up or down it seems to just quit the program and then the system volume page pops up. I don't recall v. 2.8.5 doing that. Again, it's not a big issue, but i didn't feel it was normal.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

tydal74 is a n00b

Thanks for the great ROM. 3.2 is running nicely on my TP. I did notice a minor issue though. It seems some of the selections such as in Settings > Sound; are blank until i highlight each one. Is there a fix or could you point me to one, I may have missed it. thanks!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nodrogkam is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydal74 View Post
Thanks for the great ROM. 3.2 is running nicely on my TP. I did notice a minor issue though. It seems some of the selections such as in Settings > Sound; are blank until i highlight each one. Is there a fix or could you point me to one, I may have missed it. thanks!
I've noticed that for many of the old roms too..but i mean we all kinda know where everything is.
With 3.2 now though is that the comm manager is kind of the same way too (missing texts/graphics).
Old 01-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruffyDuffles View Post
i flashed 3.2 last night but i had 3 issues.
1 - whenever i typed text (in any program) a black box at the bottom of the screen would pop up and display what was being typed even tho the program i was in displayed what was already being typed. (i'm a textaholic and it was annoying because i played with all the settings yet couldnt find a way to turn it off)

2 - touchflo 3D kept relaunching itself every 2 to 3 minutes for whatever reason

3 -whenever i was in a program and opened the slide-out keyboard, it would kick me out of whatever program i was in and went to the landscape tf3d

i flashed the rom twice and got the same results on the 2nd fash. basically, i regressed and flashed version 2.8.5 because it was way more stable to me
Are you talking about the newest version 3.2 which was released yesterday evening because that one fixed the keyboard issue, and the black box can be turned off in the keyboard input settings.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:14 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogkam View Post
I've noticed that for many of the old roms too..but i mean we all kinda know where everything is.
With 3.2 now though is that the comm manager is kind of the same way too (missing texts/graphics).
can you guys please give me a screenshot of the missing text, because i cannot locate that error on my phone.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

I will also see why the blue theme is not fully changing in the home menu
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Hear is a temporary fix for the Home blue manilla, just copy only the 1c file, and remove the [1] from the end of it before you copy it to windows folder.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work

RE: Your request for screenshots of the text problem.

Screenshot of Sound setting screen from setting tab.

the following is what it looks like after you click an item and then clock another.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TP2 Energy CookieTab ROM Running FrOyO

jihadi is becoming a great contributor
Re: (1-20-2009)*Updated* MERDIN'S ROM V3.1 { CE OS 5.2.21109 (Build 21109.5.0.0)}Blaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
No what walpaper on all tabs causes is it Messes up some landscape files, which prevents the all applications tab in landscape to work. And for the Dialer there is a cab in the touch pro section just search or look in that sections.
Everything SEEMS to work ok in landscape using the file that I attatched but thanks for the info. Also, wasConflipper's slide to answer file that you used because I have found quite a few but it seems to be the only one with a working in call curtain. BTW, I have downloaded 3 different slide to answer cabs, haven't tried any yet but saw screenshots of Conflipper's S2A and it looked EXACTLY like the one in 3.0.

One last thing. If you release a 3.3, you should use the 3D battery indicator in the red theme. I see you are using it in the blue theme. Let me know if I can help. I installed the 3D icon in seconds on the red theme.

Last edited by jihadi; 01-22-2009 at 07:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development