PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What Dialer do you guys like the best.
The Current Red/Black Dialer 167 21.77%
White Dialer 134 17.47%
Black Dialer 466 60.76%
Voters: 767. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BPO22 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM](June 12, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.6 CE OS 5.2.21051(Build 21051 MerdinH)UC

this text freezing is driving me nuts ... ha ... Merdin, when do you plan on dropping us with the Updated 6.5 you been testing? THANKS in advance brotha !!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:57 PM
Jbawireless.com
Pocket PC: Htc EVO/touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Merdinh
Re: [ROM](June 12, 2009) MERDIN'S WMPro 4.6 CE OS 5.2.21051(Build 21051 MerdinH)UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPO22 View Post
this text freezing is driving me nuts ... ha ... Merdin, when do you plan on dropping us with the Updated 6.5 you been testing? THANKS in advance brotha !!!!
thats one of the bugs im still trying to work out, it doesn't happen always but it still happens when you receive more then one text message at a time.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment < - Awesome!
Carrier: Sprint

ramiss is becoming a great contributor

First of all thanks. I have been using 4.3 all year and love it. I am now looking for a rom with WM6.5 but I am so confused whether 4.6 is WM6.5 or 6.1 - Your first image on this thread says both and your website says both!

Thx

Richard
Old 07-09-2009, 04:07 AM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Merdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation levelMerdinh can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiss View Post
First of all thanks. I have been using 4.3 all year and love it. I am now looking for a rom with WM6.5 but I am so confused whether 4.6 is WM6.5 or 6.1 - Your first image on this thread says both and your website says both!

Thx

Richard
on my website under the Download section there is 2 different links to download one is labeled windows mobile 6.1, and the other 6.5
Old 07-10-2009, 07:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

tehxeno is a n00b

I flashed my Uncle to this ROM because of many suggestions saying that this ROM was the best for battery life... His TP says otherwise.
On one day, with a couple hours of texting heavily, maybe 100-200 texts in 3 hours, his battery was down to 60%
On another day, after 50 minutes on the phone, his battery was reduced to 65%

People have said they get 1-2 days without charge on this ROM, but he has to charge it in the middle of the day.

Any way I can improve his battery life?
He refuses to have beams turned off, and I already set his battery polling to once every 30 seconds.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehxeno View Post
I flashed my Uncle to this ROM because of many suggestions saying that this ROM was the best for battery life... His TP says otherwise.
On one day, with a couple hours of texting heavily, maybe 100-200 texts in 3 hours, his battery was down to 60%
On another day, after 50 minutes on the phone, his battery was reduced to 65%

People have said they get 1-2 days without charge on this ROM, but he has to charge it in the middle of the day.

Any way I can improve his battery life?
He refuses to have beams turned off, and I already set his battery polling to once every 30 seconds.
thats the problem your having, keeping beam on constantly consumes alot of battery especially when you move away from the wifi range, then the beam constantly searches for base using even more battery power. Tell him that the beam is causing the battery draing, and that he should only keep it on when he is actually using beam.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tehxeno is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merdinh View Post
thats the problem your having, keeping beam on constantly consumes alot of battery especially when you move away from the wifi range, then the beam constantly searches for base using even more battery power. Tell him that the beam is causing the battery draing, and that he should only keep it on when he is actually using beam.
Okay, I'll do that for him next time I see him.

One more question:
If I use the 'Diamond Tweaks' cab to set data to disconnect after a minute, and to lower the size of the File System Cache, will those improve battery life any further?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Okay, I'll do that for him next time I see him.

One more question:
If I use the 'Diamond Tweaks' cab to set data to disconnect after a minute, and to lower the size of the File System Cache, will those improve battery life any further?
The data disconnections will make a very little improvement on the battery, and the cache will not do anything battery wise.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tehxeno is a n00b

Okay. So other than turning off the light sensor, any other way to improve his battery?

Also, FInixNOverBattery didn't work properly when I installed it, do you happen to know why? I made sure the sdkerts was installed first.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Jbawireless.com
Threadstarter

Quote:
Okay. So other than turning off the light sensor, any other way to improve his battery?

Also, FInixNOverBattery didn't work properly when I installed it, do you happen to know why? I made sure the sdkerts was installed first.
after you install all of those files, then find a cab on this site called Fast charge, and once you install that it should be all good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development