PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:53 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [01-08-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.06.03B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC

This thread is getting kinda long, it could use some cleaning up
Old 01-12-2009, 06:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Re: [01-08-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.06.03B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC

S2A and the dialer curtain both slide and work fine for me. I don't even slide the curtain, just tap the tab and all my in-call options are revealed.

Battery seems great, used 4.5 hours of music player on a long bike ride, an hour worth of internet, some calls, texts, went from 100% to 0 in just over 9 hours, pretty good if you ask me.

Bugs: 1. Music player crashed once the battery went below 10%, had to soft reset.
2. I don't think this is ROM specific, but why won't S2U2 work while tf3d music tab is playing tunes? Everytime something woke up the phone (Text, calls, etc..) the screen was open for button presses.

Lastly, yes Juggalo I do still use S2U2 for locking but I've embraced your slide to answer, even though it's not full screen caller id. Such a shame not to fully utilize this big, beautiful screen for caller id, don't you think?

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 01-12-2009, 08:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
Here is a Cab for the Edit.. Try at your Own Risk.. I tested on my phone and It seemed to work... But no promises.. This is the First time making a cab so.. You will Need to Reset device after installing or uninstalling for changes to take effect. Only change it makes is to the HKLM/Software/HTC/Phone/ PhoneLockEnable Key it changes from 1 to 0 as per the previous post.. Uninstalling it Reverts back to Original Value of 1

hope this helps the Few in need of something like this.
ok. my problem is solved. i just edited the registry entry and changed it to 0 and did a soft reset. thanks.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, 6800

Talyn is keeping up the good workTalyn is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Talyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
i dont use the tip of my finger i use my fat thumb and slide to answer works fine for me and i can unlock the dial canvas too no issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
slide to answer isn't the problem. the unlock on the dial pad is. is there a way to turn it off?
If you go to the dial pad, its not locked anymore.

Quote:
i dont get what ur saying you mean the phone canvas lock? i have no iddues with that either. it works every time i try it i havnt had issues disabling it or enabling it.
Some of us are. Its a focus issue.

Quote:
its so you dont hit stuff by accident the screen doesnt always turn off, if you use the touch screen then it will not shut it upp when u put the phone to your ear. if you think its useless all i can say is sorry, and try it again because it works if its not working for you. ur doing it wrong. or your fingers are the size of bratwurst sausages and you need to use the stylus in that case.
I cannot say it is a bad feature and I see the purpose of it. Good thinking, but unfortunately there is not a quick turn off for it. I cannot blame you, everything is great, its just part of what you put in. S2A is really good. I was hesitant at first, but I really like it now!!!! Great thinking. It's way less buggy then the old system which half the time wouldn't answer calls. I still get the end key bug every now and then, but that's not your fault either.

Quote:
i don't think the feature is useless (and i know you weren't talking to me) but i do think there are a lot of us that it's just not working right for. i really like the idea of it but unfortunately, it's not working properly. and i would bet that for those of us that it's not working for, it's not that we're doing something wrong or that we have fingers the size of bratwurst sausages, it's just for some reason the touch sensitivity on some of the phones must be a little off. at least that's my thoughts on it. so. back to the question i've asked about 3 or 4 times so far. is there anyway to shut it off?
Call your voice mail and play with it, it is totally a focus issue on the device. I don't know why it's different for some others, but try tapping off the screen and then swiping it down. It will work then. The only reason it bothers me is because it's an extra step when I'm in a hurry or driving. Then I don't want to fiddle with it because It's not working. I'd probably love the feature if the screen did not shut off, but I don't have issues with it not shutting off.

[quote=04orgzx6r;634124]Couple of things to Comment on, the battery life is amazing! I seriously thought my battery icon was broken because it just wasn't draining[quote]
The battery life is so kickass!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 Juggalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
Have you thought about adding a slide to unlock feature? I think that would be really cool, as I have used it on other phones...
S2U2 is constantly updated by A_C, so I don't really see it plausible to cook it into the rom. Not everyone uses S2U2, they might use nothing, or a different program. I will say that S2U2 works great on this rom!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
To disable the phone canvas lock that seems to be the most annoying
Edit the Following Key
HKLM\Software\HTC\Phone Under there find (Name) PhoneLockEnable change it from Value 1 from Value 0 This will disable the in call lock.. Took me a bit to find it but verified it works great.. S2A should still work but I have not gotten a call yet to verify.
James
Props james!!! I gave you a thanks. Appreciate your effort. I hope I can find the rest of the options I want to dissable in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
This thread is getting kinda long, it could use some cleaning up
Only because people keep asking the same questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
Battery seems great, used 4.5 hours of music player on a long bike ride, an hour worth of internet, some calls, texts, went from 100% to 0 in just over 9 hours, pretty good if you ask me.

2. I don't think this is ROM specific, but why won't S2U2 work while tf3d music tab is playing tunes? Everytime something woke up the phone (Text, calls, etc..) the screen was open for button presses.

Lastly, yes Juggalo I do still use S2U2 for locking but I've embraced your slide to answer, even though it's not full screen caller id. Such a shame not to fully utilize this big, beautiful screen for caller id, don't you think?
Yes, battery life, again, is great!!! I have not had that much luck yet, but it is good!!!!

I dont use the music tab, so i cannot test your s2u2 problem. Perhaps somebody else will.

I used to use the S2U2 caller ID, but I had more problems using it, so I have stoped using the feature. Pluss I dont have many pictured contacts, only 3 or 4.

Quote:
ok. my problem is solved. i just edited the registry entry and changed it to 0 and did a soft reset. thanks.
Great to hear! I will probably change mine a bit later!

Michigan Chapter Leader for Ford Truck Enthusiasts
http://www.midnightmods.com/

Networking, Computer Hardware, Farming

Old phones; I-1000x2, I-32sx, I-90x3, I-860x2, I-930x4, PPC-6800x4, Touch Pro
Old 01-12-2009, 12:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

can we verify sprint software is working as it should?

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 01-12-2009, 12:25 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
can we verify sprint software is working as it should?
All is working fine on mine....thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: TMO

rpmccormick is becoming a great contributor

FYI: If the curtain doesn't slide down for you (it usually works for me, but sometimes gets stuck on), you can fix it simply by switching to keypad and then switching back. It will always work after that. Kinda annoying, but I'd rather have to switch to keypad sometimes than disable it all together and end up pressing buttons with my head.

Can someone post a picture of this "Black Manila"? With multiple ROMs using it now, I want to see what I am missing.
Telus v1.04.05V Radio

Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmccormick View Post
FYI: If the curtain doesn't slide down for you (it usually works for me, but sometimes gets stuck on), you can fix it simply by switching to keypad and then switching back. It will always work after that. Kinda annoying, but I'd rather have to switch to keypad sometimes than disable it all together and end up pressing buttons with my head.

Can someone post a picture of this "Black Manila"? With multiple ROMs using it now, I want to see what I am missing.
check the first post
Old 01-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Sprint users try this OZ IM
Attached Files
File Type: cab OzIM.2.0.84.M.signed.CAB (614.2 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Juggalo look at your 1st post I think you've got a typo it should be Juggalo V0.06.03B Telus/Sprint not Juggalo Pro V0.06.02B Telus/Sprint then V0.06.02B follows.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development