PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
I searched and saw that thread, but I didn't see where I could download Juggalo's icons.

tsowentaskbar3V1.4
Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

qwertywarez is just getting started
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Juggalo, I seem to be getting quicker GPS fixes (on a Telus TP) with your ROM then which other ROMs out there. Could you share what specific changes/tweaks were made to get this working as well?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Telus

larry6667 is becoming a great contributor

my phone has also started to soft reset by its self when using the GPS. this has been happening for three days. I soft resetted about a week ago. it is really a PITA.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

slickjestap is just getting started

Juggs your rom is the fastest by far after you tweak the finger pressure some, most stable and everything. The only thing I do get that I could live without is the random freezes when the screen is off,and I can't turn it back on so I have to soft reset. Everything else rocks, I am awaiting a new rom from you ,I've tried everyone elses and you have the best overall.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

maximum360 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
Bizare GPS error:

Ok so today I was dropping my fiancee at the airport and REALLY needed my GPS to work, here is the scenario. We left early mourning and I programmed the location into Telenav (this version because I have jungalo rom and there was no telenav by default). Telenav worked fine the night before getting us to were we spent the night but this mourning it had us take a "right turn" off a bridge lol, once we picked the supposed right route it litterly freaked out, after stopping it acted like we were still moving when we were not. When I played around with it to get it to reset the route the phone soft resets. This happend every time i use Telenav, so i tried google maps. Which works fine but the instant I hit, use gps, it soft resets (sometime right away, sometimes it works for 10 secs then resets). Talk about a time when I really needed it the most, it failed, what is the problem here?

Does this have to do with the new ROM?
I had this same problem with an earlier version of the ROM. It would go crazy and soft reset every time I tried to use the GPS with google maps. Beyond that, the only other bizarre thing was voice command activating and going crazy sometimes when I plugged my earphones in to listen to music. Just like the GPS glitch it doesn't always happen and a soft reset sometimes does not correct the problem.

Otherwise his Juggs previous ROM was pretty stable. I'm considering upgrading to latest release while I have time but the GPS bug someone commented on worries me.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Lurker

dr.90210 is a n00b

Jugallo im from Mexico i herad you are the best. are you planning to make some upgrades soon?? i hope you will.
thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

sureshot007 is just getting started
GPS Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum360 View Post
I had this same problem with an earlier version of the ROM. It would go crazy and soft reset every time I tried to use the GPS with google maps. Beyond that, the only other bizarre thing was voice command activating and going crazy sometimes when I plugged my earphones in to listen to music. Just like the GPS glitch it doesn't always happen and a soft reset sometimes does not correct the problem.

Otherwise his Juggs previous ROM was pretty stable. I'm considering upgrading to latest release while I have time but the GPS bug someone commented on worries me.
I had the same gps glitch - I couldn't get QuickGPS to download an update, Google Maps would show my location when I enabled it, but never update the location, and TomTom would never actually get a GPS signal. Most of the time, it would end in the phone locking up, and I had to soft reset to get the phone working again. I had only changed a couple of things before this started happening. I changed them back, and it works fine again.

In Advanced Config, under Power Management:

PPTP Power Management - set to Disable
L2TP Power Management - set to Disable

I don't know if it will help anyone else, but this worked for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

i just updated my quick gps, was told in another thread that this may be a fix (the update was really old), just ran it through a bunch of quick test and all is working, will report back if it hold up, if not sureshot I will give yours a shot, thanks for the info.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

is anyone able to use the gps locate me in live search... when i go to live search and go to add location...current location ... it says it cannot communicate with port 0 ... my tomtom navigation and google maps is working with gps but why not live search?
Old 02-28-2009, 08:20 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by itouch24 View Post
is anyone able to use the gps locate me in live search... when i go to live search and go to add location...current location ... it says it cannot communicate with port 0 ... my tomtom navigation and google maps is working with gps but why not live search?

Change it in settings to Com 4.....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development