PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tike012 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

By sleep issues, I (and a couple other posters) mean that every once in a while the phone will go to sleep (screen black) and nothing will wake it back up--not the power button or any other buttons. It can't be turned off via the power button either. In my case, soft-resetting through the hardware pinhole did work. If nobody else had mentioned having this problem, I would have thought it was just a fluke of WM6.1. Even still I'm tempted to flash Juggalo's ROM even with the risk. It's just that good.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Thumbs up Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tike012 View Post
By sleep issues, I (and a couple other posters) mean that every once in a while the phone will go to sleep (screen black) and nothing will wake it back up--not the power button or any other buttons. It can't be turned off via the power button either. In my case, soft-resetting through the hardware pinhole did work. If nobody else had mentioned having this problem, I would have thought it was just a fluke of WM6.1. Even still I'm tempted to flash Juggalo's ROM even with the risk. It's just that good.
Yes the ROM is that good!! I don't mind doing a soft reset once in a while, if your on sprint, make sure you look for the Arcsoft MMS V 5. floating around. it works great with Juggalo's rom.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work
Re: [01-16-09] Juggalo TP ROM v0.08B Telus & Sprint [OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tike012 View Post
+1 I had this problem this morning.

When I woke up the lights around my d-pad were still fading on and off as if the phone was still charging. (which I thought was weird since it had been on the charger for 7 hours). When I pulled out the power cable the flashing still went on and the phone wouldn't turn on. I tried 2-3 soft resets, but my device wouldn't boot past the HTC logo where it's about the start loading TF3D. I had to pull the battery to get it to boot up successfully.

I've used Juggalo's last 5 ROM releases and haven't had this problem until I loaded .08B Saturday afternoon. I may hard reset later and not install anything and see if it still happens when i charge it tonight.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Hey Juggalo,

I flashed stock to check something earlier and am wondering if I should just go back to 0.08 or will there happen to be an update in the next couple of days?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

I installed the JUGGALO ROM and when I tried to set up my email account, it said that I could not connect with my settings. I need to setup my sprint internet settings and not sure what to do with it. All there was was a #777 in settings. I changed the number to my phone number and added my username and password for my account and it still is not working. I must be doing something wrong.

Last edited by buggerritt; 01-26-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
I installed the JUGGALO ROM and when I tried to set up my email account, it said that I could not connect with my settings. I need to setup my sprint internet settings and not sure what to do with it. All there was was a #777 in settings. I changed the number to my phone number and added my username and password for my account and it still is not working. I must be doing something wrong.
#777 should be right, not your phone number, that would dial your voicemail or something...
Old 01-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work

My bad. I tried to set it up while it was synced. I think it was trying to use the connection as a modem or someat. It works now and I cannot wait to test it out. I love the start up screen. I fgured if it came from a juggalo I could trust it. MCL!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

cannot download!!!! tried the link on the first post and nothings happens. It has been like thjat for me for about 2-3 days now

Last edited by Nygel; 01-26-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Hack Internet Sharing to work: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing] Delete Extension key, set/create MaxCMCon=0 (decimal). [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings] Set ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

shoud we still do this with this ROM .. for sprint...

i looked in registry and didnt see the above change.. i guess we need to do this to turn on tethering secretly?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

no use the built in internet sharing it will be fine

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development