PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA TP Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46526)

da1stprince 12-24-2008 10:43 AM

Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursemm05 (Post 597941)
I had this problem before. Uninstall, go to c>program files>ppckitchen.org and delete the whole folder. Then search for ppckitchen and delete what you find. My bug was the last part, I wasn't searching and deleting everything so it was still finding stuff when I reinstalled. Then make sure you go to ppckitchen website and download the buildos from there.

i wish i could say i didnt try that.it seems that with vista,buildos is indexed in several different locations and is quite a challenge to find and remove all the fragments associated with buildos. ive removed buildos and did a search for anything relevant to the kitchen and build,removed all files and somehow when buildos is installed,it detects the previous oem and renders my kitchen useless. as it stands right now,im stuck with a stock rom because of this issue and it sukks!

quick99si 12-24-2008 11:37 AM

Any word on fixing the text size in Pocket Internet Explorer? It's difficult to read even on the "largest" setting.

da1stprince 12-24-2008 07:45 PM

eureka! i found some settings i missed in a hidden folder in my c:drive user/appdata/local/virtual store/program files/ppckitchen.org folder. i hope by deleting these settings that i will be successful...wish me luck!!

chooch 12-24-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1stprince (Post 599190)
eureka! i found some settings i missed in a hidden folder in my c:drive user/appdata/local/virtual store/program files/ppckitchen.org folder. i hope by deleting these settings that i will be successful...wish me luck!!

Santa's gonna give you luck for xmas!

Exil3d 12-25-2008 06:52 PM

Anyone found a cure for the G'reloc error? I trid shutting down AV and Firewall. Did not do nothing.

nursemm05 12-25-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da1stprince (Post 599190)

did it work? Hope so! I'm running Vista too and what I suggested worked for me.

edufur 12-26-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edufur (Post 596733)
Ok, so I got the TP... finally... and I am giving thought to cooking it for the first time. I have cooked my Apache many times over. I have a few questions though...

1. I went through a practice run and got a popup of QVGA not supported for this device. Why would the kitchen try to load that base? I looked at the newly created selections file (which I started from scratch) and sure enough, it was pointing to a QVGA base file.

2. Does the VOIP config work for this device?

3. Will cooking with this kitchen give the undetectable ICS ability?

4. Has anyone compared performance on the TP between 20755 and 20931? 20755 was way faster on my Apache... so this is why I ask.

really? no one can answer even one of these questions? i even have more questions. i noticed that my device locks up once a day with very little use... i am wondering if this is just standard with tf3d... or if tf3d is fine and that the lockups would be fewer with a newer build. i would love to read some real data on this kitchen.

gguruusa 12-26-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edufur (Post 596733)
Ok, so I got the TP... finally... and I am giving thought to cooking it for the first time. I have cooked my Apache many times over. I have a few questions though...

1. I went through a practice run and got a popup of QVGA not supported for this device. Why would the kitchen try to load that base? I looked at the newly created selections file (which I started from scratch) and sure enough, it was pointing to a QVGA base file.

Because you screwed up your project creation. Probably from clicking on a QVGA library.
Quote:

2. Does the VOIP config work for this device?
Did it not work before? It's always worked for me.
Quote:

3. Will cooking with this kitchen give the undetectable ICS ability?
It should. Let us know if it doesn't. I haven't checked in a long, long time.
Quote:

4. Has anyone compared performance on the TP between 20755 and 20931? 20755 was way faster on my Apache... so this is why I ask.
It should be similar, not way different, even on Apache. Try it, and let us know.

gguruusa 12-26-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 600377)
Anyone found a cure for the G'reloc error? I trid shutting down AV and Firewall. Did not do nothing.

That's a tough one. Firewall is not related, but AV can be. If that doesn't resolve it, you're probably out of luck. Anything unusual about your installation (install to non-standard/non-local location, x64 system, unpriviledged account, etc.).

We haven't been able to determine a cause for this - doesn't seem to strike w/ rhyme or reason.

puff 12-27-2008 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gguruusa (Post 600726)
That's a tough one. Firewall is not related, but AV can be. If that doesn't resolve it, you're probably out of luck. Anything unusual about your installation (install to non-standard/non-local location, x64 system, unpriviledged account, etc.).

We haven't been able to determine a cause for this - doesn't seem to strike w/ rhyme or reason.

seem to remember u once suggested to extract the OEM zips for the 'dreaded' g'reloc...